The LBW/Bowled Video/Discussion Thread

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
How the heckle. I came to a conclusion that bowling is fail in this game...but now you can get LBW/Bowled (WHICH YOU BLOODY WELL COULD IN THE FIRST TWO SERIES)

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Nice one gas told you they would come, bit like Field Of Dreams, as for spinners i can get shedload of lb's but struggle to keep scoring down, obviously it will come with time. Try the arm ball when there is a strong wind, seems to drift and dip late, jaffa's mate

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nice one gas told you they would come, bit like Field Of Dreams, as for spinners i can get shedload of lb's but struggle to keep scoring down, obviously it will come with time. Try the arm ball when there is a strong wind, seems to drift and dip late, jaffa's mate

Yeah you were right, just had to be patient. I can get bowleds without even trying now. Just need to work on getting more lbw's.

I dedicate this montage to cooks1st100. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
On a sidenote i got bowled lbw by Johnson earlier against the aussies, and it was the best ball ive seen on this game, 2 previous were short of a length, played and missed both, the next either had variable bounce or was a fraction fuller, crashed into my pads high up, hawkeye showed it was hitting top of middle, and out went Cook

cooks1st100 added 3 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

On a sidenote i got bowled lbw by Johnson earlier against the aussies, and it was the best ball ive seen on this game, 2 previous were short of a length, played and missed both, the next either had variable bounce or was a fraction fuller, crashed into my pads high up, hawkeye showed it was hitting top of middle, and out went Cook:doh

jazz

Panel of Selectors
Hey would you say your method is for test or does it work in T20 and ODI?

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Hey would you say your method is for test or does it work in T20 and ODI?

It works in test, i would imagine it would also work in odi and t20 format.

I have started playing the 4th test match of the ashes series using my new bowling method. This is the scorecard so far with Eng (me) v Aus (cpu).

The flintoff bowled was lovely, i spent 15 overs building up pressure, keeping the run rate down and to see my length ball beat the defensive shot was very satisfying. Also had some close lbw shouts.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 39

otisbear

School Cricketer
Gas,

We're all waiting for a breakdown of how you achieve these amazing feats. We want details man, details!!

Line, length, type, speed, what goes before, how often you bowl this ball.

The people need to know Gas, they need to know

OK enough pleading

You are a legend!

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Gas,

We're all waiting for a breakdown of how you achieve these amazing feats. We want details man, details!!

Line, length, type, speed, what goes before, how often you bowl this ball.

The people need to know Gas, they need to know

OK enough pleading

You are a legend!

I will write up a guide as soon as i have mastered it myself.

Getting tonked around the park at the moment. :D

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
This is incredible. I have suddenly becoming a bowling genius.

I get Ponting plumb in front, then next ball bang Clarke's off stump is knocked over. :banana2

Kar this is hard mode.

It appears the AI suffers from this bug, just like we do:

Another huge bug happens when the AI bowls a full ball that you try to play a front foot shot across the line to. Invariably, the game will select a backfoot shot, often a hook or pull, resulting of course in a dismissal and much cursing. Again, save/reload is a way round this, but it isn't acceptable, especially given that the game only came out in time for the penultimate test of the Ashes series. For now, I'd recommend playing straight shots to such balls ? this is usually a lot less risky.

This has probably overtaken edges as second most important issue for the patch:

1. AI run outs
2. Backfoot shot to full ball if shot is played across the line
3. Edges don't carry enough, especially front foot ones.

FitzNugly

School Cricketer
1st ball second innings, not given.

thats not out Gas.

Hit outside the line of off whilst playing a shot - in my opinion.

Well done on the other wickets though!

FitzNugly added 4 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

All my wickets come from catches.

Have taken some satisfying wickets with my created player - All rounder who bowls leg spin, caught by the keeper.

Very nice!

That aside, can't tell you how dissapointed I am with this game. :(

Users who are viewing this thread