The LBW/Bowled Video/Discussion Thread

Huegel

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
No pictures, but I got a brilliant bad LBW shout given when bowling with Steyn against Strauss. When I watched it in real time, I was convinced it was nothing more than a hopeful shout, so I damn near fell off my chair when the Umpire gave it out. Hawkeye showed it was going down the leg side.

Great moment.

Sureshot

Executive member
Not had anyone LBW with a pace bowler. I've had Ponting play on to leg stump and bowled a tailender with a yorker after he tried to play a defensive shot.

rfchamishrfc

School Cricketer
No picture but about half an hour ago I got Johnson LBW with Anderson, ball coming back in and hitting him in front as he tried to play a defensive stroke. Hawkeye showed it would have gone on to hit offstump. Only LBW that I've got in that way in a week or so of playing though.

Have had a couple of appeals with shouts like that but not had 1 given ! Have had a couple by doing slower ball yorkers, batsman played through the shot before the ball even arrives !

UCC-WMH

Club Cricketer
No pictures, but I got a brilliant bad LBW shout given when bowling with Steyn against Strauss. When I watched it in real time, I was convinced it was nothing more than a hopeful shout, so I damn near fell off my chair when the Umpire gave it out. Hawkeye showed it was going down the leg side.

Great moment.

Happened to me aswell. Is anyone else finding it incredibly easy (on hard) to bowl people out with Graeme Swann or KP? Because I can do it almost all of the time.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I've got quite a few lbws and bowleds with pacers in ODIs and T20s - usually from yorkers. Hard to get them from length balls although I've had quite a few hawkeye said were hitting not given.

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Got 2 bold 1 with an off cutter and another one with a fast inswinger and one batsman was Haddin againt Broad :D and he missed the pace of the ball and played a little early.

Attachments

• bold.jpg
    bold.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 56

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
I did an LBW sometime ago in demo.. Still couldn't pull it off in the full version..

Last edited by a moderator:

Eon

Club Cricketer
My best bad lbw was with james hopes... bowling inswingers... first ball hits just out side off stump going on to hit big shout not out... next ball hits outside off, no shot played... given out... hawkeye shows it missing off stump... atleast the umpiring in the game is about the quality of it in real life lol

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Man, bowling on cricket 07 is terrible, and boring. Really, there is no comparison on bowling terms.

At least the AI got their bat within the same area code as the ball.

biggy09 added 1 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

I did an LBW sometime ago in demo.. Still couldn't pull it off in the full version..

Freddie bowls Leggies?

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Lol! It's Katich again playing down the wrong line.:rtfl

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
an excellent lbw appeal.for a sec i thought am gone !!

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-18 08-33-12-95 [1440x900].jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-18 08-33-12-95 [1440x900].jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-18 08-33-18-71 [1440x900].jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-18 08-33-18-71 [1440x900].jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 52

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I've gots the hangs of this.

Just had another couple of bowleds, and two lbw decisions that should have been given but weren't.

First lbw was harmison bowling to hussey. I change bowling stance to the other side, this way its possible to get a decent bowling area when facing lefties. I chose a straight ball and selected in-swing. Hussey blocked to the covers hit the pads, umps gave it not out but replays showed it should have been given.

Second lbw was like my first one, batsmen played the same shot but maybe it hit him outside the line as it was not given.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Win, Pure Win. Bowling is awesome in this game.

Just got another lbw, plum in front. Batsmen played the right shot, but the timing was all wrong and the umps had no choice.

Think i might simulate my innings so i can try my new tactics for the whole aussie innings.

I didn't have fraps running. :facepalm But i have now so i will capture any more i get second time around.

Here's the aussie scorecard.

Win.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 66

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
1st ball second innings, not given.

Users who are viewing this thread