8th Match, Group A: Somerset v Trinidad & Tobago at Bangalore

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Alfonso Thomas' brace of last-over boundaries against Deccan Chargers - the difference between victory and defeat - has put Somerset in a position to claim top spot in Group A of the Champions League. All that stands between them and certainly carrying forward points into the next round are the Stanford 20/20 champions, Trinidad and Tobago, whose talents haven't been revealed in India yet

Watch out for

Lendl Simmons ended the ICC World Twenty20 with two ducks but, before those disappointments, he blitzed 77 off 50 balls against tournament favourites South Africa when no other West Indian batsman made more than 20. T&T have three other openers to choose from - Daren Ganga, Kieron Pollard and Adrian Barath - but Simmons is likely to be first choice.

Trinidad debut, Bangalore and Otago face knockout | Cricket News | Champions League Twenty20 2009 | Cricinfo.com

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Started big, but gave up wickets. Easy chase for Somerset if they avoid doing the same.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe not....

Dwayne Bravo is such a good cricket to watch though.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I'm sorry it's at the expense of somerset but I'm really happy one of the smaller nation teams is putting in a good showing, good team effort too. leaves this group wide open.

I know it's just t20 but ramdin gets better every time I see him.

Last edited:

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Total disaster tactically from start to finish for us. I know that Philips made a decent recovery with the ball, but we had both De Bruyn and Trego bowling well in the first game, so there was no need to take the risk. Also Kieswetter at 3 seems a bit pointless when he's got plenty of runs biffing spinners in the middle overs.

I think we got unlucky with the pitch, although Banks in for Philips might have solved that. Mainly due to the throwing away of wickets though. Kieswetter, Langer and Trego all just gifting wickets when we needed partnerships.

Here's hoping T & T do us a favour.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
T&T have been the most impressive in the tourney thus far.

Uhhh, they've played one game. You should rephrase that as: "T&T were impressive in their first and only game so far"

Disappointed really. I have a team to root for if Somerset get knocked out though.

Total disaster tactically from start to finish for us. I know that Philips made a decent recovery with the ball, but we had both De Bruyn and Trego bowling well in the first game, so there was no need to take the risk. Also Kieswetter at 3 seems a bit pointless when he's got plenty of runs biffing spinners in the middle overs.

I think we got unlucky with the pitch, although Banks in for Philips might have solved that. Mainly due to the throwing away of wickets though. Kieswetter, Langer and Trego all just gifting wickets when we needed partnerships.

Here's hoping T & T do us a favour.

I'd have him opening. Langer at 3. Kieswetter has hit some awesome knocks at the top and if Tresco fails he still gives us impetuous.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I'd have him opening. Langer at 3. Kieswetter has hit some awesome knocks at the top and if Tresco fails he still gives us impetuous.
Langer simply isn't good enough to bat anywhere else though, at a decent rate I mean. I'd even drop Kieswetter a bit lower, to say 5. He's an impact player in this form of the game, there should be no need for him to have to bat responsibly. Give that duty to Langer, De Bruyn and even Hildreth who is batting far too low. I'd keep Kieswetter and Trego back, as they can clear ropes and score boundaries when the field is back, something which Langer and De Bruyn can't do consistently.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
HAAHAHAHA !! loved every second of somerset getting owned by T&T ! :banana2:laugh:D

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I just hope that Pollard can show his ability and talent and make a big score. He has all the credentials to be a great 20/20 player.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
HAAHAHAHA !! loved every second of somerset getting owned by T&T ! :banana2:laugh:D

A little embarrassed to see Deccan get beaten by us? Why does everybody in India dislike Somerset? I just don't get it. You've never seen us play and we haven't gone around saying the IPL teams are crap. Now I can't wait to see Deccan get put out by T&T.

Sunil Gavaskar likes Somerset, follow his lead. I know how you Indian's love to hang on every word an Indian cricketing legend says.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
A little embarrassed to see Deccan get beaten by us? Why does everybody in India dislike Somerset? I just don't get it. You've never seen us play and we haven't gone around saying the IPL teams are crap. Now I can't wait to see Deccan get put out by T&T.

Sunil Gavaskar likes Somerset, follow his lead. I know how you Indian's love to hang on every word an Indian cricketing legend says.

may be this might refresh your memory :-

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/1579084-post126.html
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/1579100-post127.html

for the record, i dont support DC, so dont care if they win or lose !

not a big fan of gavaskar either!!
hanging on every word only applies for tendulkar. :hpraise:hpraise

so....dont need your advice.....keep it to yourself.

Last edited:

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors

Whoa! Explain this ? Half of the people watching CLT20 dont even know how to spell the foreign teams ! including me, thanks to cricinfo and Lalit modi (:D) i learnt about this terrific teams! not fully, slightly.

Well played Trinidad & Tobago, 44 runs win is a huge margin win in T20.

Users who are viewing this thread