Twenty20 Champions League

Who will win the Twenty20 Champions League 2009

• Total voters

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Spot on mate, spot on. The IPL teams are worthless if you take out the foreign players. If it was just Indian domestic it would be no where near as hyped and successful as it has been.

Gosh it would be even worse if Haddin and Bracken were fit. Michael Clarke not so much, but he'd definitely be playing. And if Shane Watson were eligible too that would be a cracker of a side.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
We here think the same. But in Pressure, You don't even know what you speak. You just shout in the language you do most frequently. And unfortunately, if the other don't know that, gone case..!!
For example, I now say "Mee Peru Howsie" What do you understand??

I just said that "your name is Howsie." which you couldn't understand while reading at the one in telugu. But I even agree what you said. Saying Yes, No is not a big thing but in pressure, it happens. I may say "Run.." where as you may say "Yep.."
But this is one main thing which damages the game.

presumably a professional cricket player, who's life and earnings revolve entirely round cricket, would take the seven seconds out of his life it would take to learn run in another language.

I think you're rather over-stating how difficult this is :D

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The different languages I don't think would hinder the running between the wickets very much, it's not hard to get everyone to say two different words for yes and no is it.

Players from the same country speaking the same language still suffer from miscommunication out on the middle. Oh so simple but still the biggest mistake cricketers make.

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
I don't know about other domestic teams worldwide but in Australia playing for Victoria and New South Wales is an honour almost on par with playing for Australia (if you are from the actual respective states) given the incredible history of both domestic teams and the amount of famous players who have played for both teams. You just can't buy that sort of stuff when you create a team for the mighty $.
There is a small amount of team loyalty in South Africa but the rivaries are nothing like, say rugby where winning the Currie CUp is more important that the Super 14 for some teams. Players don't really dream of playing for the Lions or the Cobras.

Guys, So far in the tournament, Banglore team did lose one game and Delhi Team even lost a game.
Coming to first game, Everything went fine for Banglore except Duminy.
If Duminy would have got out at 70's or 80's, the situation would have been in another way. And RCB managed to take out openers for 14 runs. (14-2) and then on, Duminy went on...

Coming to Delhi VS Victoria match,
Pitch was a bowling surface. Bushies got some early wickets and even got wickets at the right time where as Dareies din't get as they lacked in a quality bowler. Dan missed out, Collingwood missed out, and Dirk Nannes' weakness would have been well known by Bushies as he even plays for that team. Coming to Nehera, he'd have been overconfident slightly by getting selected to India Squad for CT 09. And the people who did job was Mishra, Dilshan who did play what they actually play. And even Gambhir's poor captaincy even was part of loss as if Virender Sehwag or Dilshan would have been captain, they's have done something which he couldn't do as Gambhir don't have International experience as Captain.
And Watch out for the Chargers today. They'll win for sure as opponent is not much strong and having Symonds, Edwards, Rohit, RP, Ojha in leadership of Gilchrist is not anything jovial matter.

Binnu added 1 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Edit: And the opponent team was not jovial team for Delhi as VB contained many Internationally experienced players like Siddle, Hodge, White, etc..

They weren't good enough to get Duminy out. You can't really predict what would happen if DUminy got out as today showed that the Cobras have got quality Batsman. If the Cobras had held onto the catches which came there way it could have being a different game.

And Deli were convincanly beaten at home. There can be no excuses for being beaten that bad by a team with no foreign players. They were outplayed in every faset of the game.

Those international players were all Victorians. They were all brough up through the Australian system, not bought in an auction.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
The different languages I don't think would hinder the running between the wickets very much, it's not hard to get everyone to say two different words for yes and no is it.

Most Indian players know really good English anyways.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
i wanna know how big is it in places like NZ, Aus, or RSA? people over there watchin this, as if they are following their country? do they care much about this?

is it getting any views in new places, other then these same old, regular 12/15 countries?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The Aussies are watching it, the Kiwis seem to have given up once Otago left. Of course it doesn't help when our Pay TV provider doesn't show the matches live.

P

pcfan123

Most Indian players know really good English anyways.

Even if you don't its not that hard in cricket. On my club team we got this new guy straight off the boat from Bangladesh. He only speaks Bengali and my team is mostly Brits and Indians (who speak Hindi and not Bengali). Even though he speaks no English, he knows the basic cricket terms, we open the bowling together and I can tell him stuff like "shorter", "fuller", " make him drive" and he understands completly. Its actually quite fun ! Never batted with him so cant speak for running between the wickets.

Ari

International Cricketer
i wanna know how big is it in places like NZ, Aus, or RSA? people over there watchin this, as if they are following their country? do they care much about this?

is it getting any views in new places, other then these same old, regular 12/15 countries?

Had mild interest in it while Otago were still alive now I just check the scorecards in the morning don't even bother watching the highlights. As aussie1st said not much of it is live here only the Otago games the rest is just showen as highlights the next day.

I would say overall New Zealand doesn't have a high interest in these T20 tournaments we like to see our players do well in them but have no other interest in them what so ever. It certainly doesn't help that they are on at the worst possible times for viewers down here either.

Last edited:

Cheste du Preez

School Cricketer
Internationals developed by Victoria and not players who were paid huge bags of cash to play for a souless team.

Says a NSW supporter, who did the scumbag tactic of bringing McCullum in for the final to beat Victoria. Ever since than I've hated NSW, GO T&T you legends! Eagles T&T Final!

SciD

Chairman of Selectors

Its a flop show in India. It should be held in Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread