Pakistan Tour of Australia 2009/10

First time was more Umar giving his wicket away to a typical wide pie from Johnson

The second time Umar fell to Johnson was a real good ball - the first time was just a mental lapse.

I said this in his first test innings - Umar does not place a value on his wicket.

Playing positively is one thing, but you have to make the bowlers earn your wicket, which I feel he didn't do.

This is something that somebody will have to sort out with him, and I think Waqar Younis is the man to do it (even though he's the bowling coach).

Instead of batting in the nets, Pakistan instead decide to go to the Sydney Harbour to watch the New Years Eve fireworks and Yousuf goes to a Mosque to preach about Islam. :doh

I hope they realize sooner than later that they are there to play cricket...

I'm sure it won't matter to much. Who knows, maybe the fireworks helped them boost team moral?

I said it before the tour and I'm saying it again. Umar Akmal is going to be Johnson's bunny on this tour

The second time Umar fell to Johnson was a real good ball - the first time was just a mental lapse.

I said this in his first test innings - Umar does not place a value on his wicket.

Playing positively is one thing, but you have to make the bowlers earn your wicket, which I feel he didn't do.

This is something that somebody will have to sort out with him, and I think Waqar Younis is the man to do it (even though he's the bowling coach).

It was an extra bad mental lapse because the previous ball he'd tried the same shot from Johnson and edged him at easily catchable height through a vacant third slip to get to 50. To try the same shot again the very next ball to a delivery that was just as good, if not better. Bit too exuberant, although it's not hard to see where he gets it from given Kamran's shot in the 2nd innings.

First time was more Umar giving his wicket away to a typical wide pie from Johnson

There are about 100 Test batsmen rueing the fact that they've edged a Johnson pie. The batsman's eyes light up, he pulls the batsman out like a magnet and decks the ball away beautifully - GONE...

Fawad Alam must feel like the most hated person on the earth, he scored a century on debut and got dropped three tests later. You look at people like JP Duminy who've done jack ████ and get retained for ages and you have to feel sorry for Alam haha.

Users who are viewing this thread