Bangladesh tour of England, May-July 2010

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
England are heading down a slippery slope here. They lost the last two games to Australia in the last series (plus they should have won the third game comfortably) and they've lost to Bangladesh today.

It's up to the coach and the captain now to speak to the side and remind them of the standards they should be achiving, which certainly are not good enough at the moment.

Kieswetter needs to be given a licence to be able to go after the bowling from the word go. England won the Twenty20 World Cup by exploiting the power-play better than any other team, and this must gravitate to the ODI form of the game.
Someone like Gilchrist, doing the role for Australia, would play shots from the start, the bowlers knowing this would then be put under added pressure.

I wouldn't be too critical of Trott. He could of scored a bit quick but he was the one holding the innings together.

I think there's a danger of people over-analysing this match. We played badly and we got punished by a side who are better than many think, they came close to beating us in the 2nd ODI on our recent tour, they aren't a bad side by any stretch.

However, let's remember who are favourites to take the series (indeed, I fully expect us to thrash them on Monday), who beat the Aussies in the recent ODI series and who won the T20 World Cup a few months ago.

We took our foot off the gas, that's it, nothing more. Can we please not do the same thing we do everytime we under-perform and panic like a rabbit in the headlights?

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I already said earlier that Ashraful has been among the teams that won against the top nations. I now see he has been among 5 ODI Bangladeshi victories.

Bangladesh's one-day wonders
At the 21st attempt Bangladesh finally secured victory against England with a five-run win at Bristol. Cricinfo looks back on five other memorable one-day performances from the Tigers
Liam Brickhill
July 10, 2010
Bangladesh's one-day wonders | Cricket Features | England v Bangladesh 2010 | Cricinfo.com

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Do you have an opinion on anything or do you just post random facts?

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Just as a comment before I wanna really post something probably in the morning now. Everyone seems to have Keiswetter down has some super attacking Gilchirst 150+ S/R batsmen. When actually he isn't, yes he is an attacking player but in ODI's his S/R is 86 and in List A it's 89.

He isn't an out and out pinch hitter, he is just a more aggressive minded batsmen than the normal one. In the modern day many people would actually say that an S/R of <90 isn't actually acceptable and it needs to be in the 3 figure region.

Ollie_H added 16 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

The Bangladesh bowler pulled out of his run-up. :laugh

Bangladesh has won!!!

Nasser Hussain is interviewing Shafiul Islam. He bowled a slower ball in the last ball to dismiss Trott. He needs someone to translate the words.

Mashrafe Mortaza is the Man of the Match. He scored runs at the end of innings and took two wickets.

Some interesting fact: the most times when Bangladesh wins against a top 8 team Ashraful is in the side.

It didn't help also that Swann and Pietersen were rested. But I am still guessing that England will win the next match.

Can you please be quiet? Your posts state the blindingly obvious, so blind I reckon an actual blind person could still see it. We don't need to be told every detail that everyone already knows. It's just stupid, and get an opinion.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Three figure strike rate players aren't very successful. I think only sehwag and afridi has 3 figure strike rate

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
If you don't like my posts, simply ignore it.

Any idea who will strenghten England in the next ODI? Bell is out, so someone must come in.

Last edited:

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Still no insight as to your thoughts. Why are you straying away and not saying anything?

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
All of you guys are forgetting about one thing. Bell's heroics. Great scene. Very emotional. And so was the ending. Even the fans shook hands. Good stuff.

It was funny how Bdesh team started to celebrate. They shouldn't have taken down the stumps. Should have waited and then.. But hey when you are desperate for a win, you gotta do what you gotta do.

This was really needed. They came close many times this year, and slowly they started to go down hill. And if this was another close game, it would have been very depressing.

McLOVIN added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

And one more thing, pulling out of the bowling run up in crucial time always works(?) Well I have seen it work few times.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
I think you're being a bit harsh now Ollie.

I haven't watched a proper game of cricket in ages and this match was my first in a while so I'm seriously out of touch. I don't know who'll replace Bell so I'm not going to give an opinion, but I'm still interested in knowing what other people think about it.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
They are both staff members. They should just ban each other. Can they?

Gunslinger. Who can do it 1st. Lets see!

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
All of you guys are forgetting about one thing. Bell's heroics. Great scene. Very emotional. And so was the ending. Even the fans shook hands. Good stuff.

It was funny how Bdesh team started to celebrate. They shouldn't have taken down the stumps. Should have waited and then.. But hey when you are desperate for a win, you gotta do what you gotta do.

This was really needed. They came close many times this year, and slowly they started to go down hill. And if this was another close game, it would have been very depressing.

McLOVIN added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

And one more thing, pulling out of the bowling run up in crucial time always works(?) Well I have seen it work few times.

Yeah, I saw people clapping for Bell, when he came out limping.

And I am pretty sure that Shafiul Islam deliberately pulled out of that run up.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
And I am pretty sure that Shafiul Islam deliberately pulled out of that run up.
That's what I am saying. I've seen it work few times in the past. So ya, good thinking Shafi.

3rd Match. Sold out.

Users who are viewing this thread