Chris Broad / Stuart Broad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Asif's hands definitely grazed his helmet and gives it a readjustment as well.

But if Asif is standing motionless, then why was a big deal about the whole personal space issue brought up when Ponting is going to invade Asif's.

You are very frustrating. Can someone else take over and explain it to him.

Yes Asif's hand grazed Ponting's helmet, but that doesn;t mean Ponting is going at him. If anything it looks like Asif is punching Ponting in some kinda weird Pakistani kung fu and he is trying to get out the way. Ponting is not invading Asif's space. Ponting is walking off. He did not walk or jump into Asif like Ameer did.

You are very frustrating. Can someone else take over and explain it to him.

Yes Asif's hand grazed Ponting's helmet, but that doesn;t mean Ponting is going at him. If anything it looks like Asif is punching Ponting in some kinda weird Pakistani kung fu and he is trying to get out the way. Ponting is not invading Asif's space. Ponting is walking off. He did not walk or jump into Asif like Ameer did.
I didn't say Ponting is going at him, but I'm saying if Ponting made personal space such an issue (by his usage of elbowing Aamer and then whining to the umpires), then surely he should have walked a little wider of Asif than walk straight into his hand.

I'm just saying it's a little hypocritical.

There was nothing Asif could do since his back was turned. Asif almost always celebrates his wickets that way. As for the Aamer part both guys extended their elbows and made contact. If Aamer gets a talking then so should Ponting.

He did, just some people have decided to ignore it and rant with the race card.
No he didn't. Where did you read that?

http://www.cricinfo.com/pakistan-v-australia-2010/content/current/story/467275.html

And it's not a race card. Believe me, I almost never pull the race card, ever, so don't pull that on me.

Insomniac added 1 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

I mean to say, if somebody's coming at me, I would make an attempt to get out of the way although different people would approach it differently.

One thing is clear though - why would you hang your arm out like that - it doesn't make sense.

I didn't say Ponting is going at him
Umm yes you kinda did.
Then Ponting hits Asif with his helmet as he's walking off for duck while Asif is standing completely motionless.

Then surely he should have walked a little wider of Asif than walk straight into his hand.

Ok, clearly you didn't see the 'incident' happen, because Ponting did not walk straight into Asif's hand. I said this like 8 times now, and I am saying this again. WHILE PONTING WAS CROSSING, ASIF STARTED TO CELEBRATE LIKE THAT, AND PONTING'S HELMET HAPPENED TO MAKE CONTACT WITH ASIF'S HAND AND HE REACTED AND MOVED HIS HEAD AWAY. What you are saying just by looking at the picture that, Asif's hands were already like that, stretched out, and Ponting walked into it and 'invaded' Asif space. But no, it did not happen like that. Both happened at the same time, and they connected.

Umm yes you kinda did.

Ok, clearly you didn't see the 'incident' happen, because Ponting did not walk straight into Asif's hand. I said this like 8 times now, and I am saying this again. WHILE PONTING WAS CROSSING, ASIF STARTED TO CELEBRATE LIKE THAT, AND PONTING'S HELMET HAPPENED TO MAKE CONTACT WITH ASIF'S HAND AND HE REACTED AND MOVED HIS HEAD AWAY. What you are saying just by looking at the picture that, Asif's hands were already like that, stretched out, and Ponting walked into it and 'invaded' Asif space. But no, it did not happen like that. Both happened at the same time, and they connected.
What kind of game were you watching?!

Dailymotion - pkaus126 - a Webcam & Vlogs video

Watch from 11:23 onwards.

Sure, I buy that he wasn't paying attention - in fact that's probably happened, but Asif's arms were up for quite some time - Ponting ran into them, but the point is this happens a day after he elbows somebody because he invaded his personal space.

Wow who cares, it was a nothing incident. Its things like this that make cricketers look like pussies compared to their counter parts in baseball.

I love the civility of cricket, but this is just ridiculous. Elbows will rub once in a while, pull out your tampon and get over it.

What kind of game were you watching?!

Dailymotion - pkaus126 - a Webcam & Vlogs video

Watch from 11:23 onwards.

Sure, I buy that he wasn't paying attention - in fact that's probably happened, but Asif's arms were up for quite some time - Ponting ran into them, but the point is this happens a day after he elbows somebody because he invaded his personal space.

You can't call that Asif's personal space because his arms were outstreched and Ponting had no intention of going near him, he was just walking into the pavilion.

You can't compare this to Aamer who was purposefully running straight at Ponting.

Ya watch the vid. He definitely did not 'invade' anyone's space. He wasn't even looking at that direction. The last thing was in his mind to 'hit' Asif's hand with his helmet after getting out the way he did.

While I agree Ponting was wrong against Aamer, may be he was just pushing Aamer to get him out of his way, or may be he was just elbowing. W/e it was, we all know Ponting likes to let everyone know about his authorities and power. Sure as hell he wasn't gonna move out of Aamer's way and walk away. And Aamer should jump elsewhere from now on. It's a big ass field.

But the Asif argument is just stupid and invalid.

I'm pretty sure there is an MCC rule that limits what is considered "personal space".

Otherwise bowlers would always outstretch their hands to try and block the batsmen from taking a run.

Look, the only point of contention for me is did Ricky really have to walk down towards Asif straight at him like how he got out.

If it were me, I'd be going as far away from Asif, or atleast not that close to him after elbowing Aamer.

Yawn

Call me when this happens

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread