Rugby League Official NRL 2010 thread

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
And the joke of the year goes to: The Dally M awards.

This. Carney gets two points for getting smashed by the sharks? :laugh It all happened to come together swimmingly well for the newspapers and the NRL didn't it? Their fairytale man, making a return to the NRL, rivals Hayne for amount of dick-sucking in the newspapers and then manages to win the Dally M.

Just like Hayne managed to win it last year - was he not the poster-boy for all the media?

Farah or Boyd deserved it. FACT.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Our defense has been all at sea, fourth try before the half.
I don't see us coming back from here away from home.
Need to just get some possession, and get down the other end of the field.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Titans started slowly but they are looking the goods right now. Warriors looked good early but really have fallen apart in defence.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Refs having a shocker.
Shhh, I'm trying to minimize my ref bashing. I mean there's no point in it as a Warriors fan because I will just be on here after every single game. Refs weren't tooooo bad tonight though. A few 50/50's didn't go our way but hey, I'm used to that by now.

Manu is such a legend.
Many vs 5 Titans = Manu wins :p
Lets just forget his brain explosion off-load that lead to a crucial try, he's allowed one every now and then. ;)

We're not out yet, but if we stay in we gotta play a ████ load better than that. It's just a case of getting rid of the mistakes, if we didn't drop the ball so much by forcing silly offloads we might have got a win there because quite a few of their tries came after brainless plays by us.

I'm trying to keep motherflinging calm, I think I'm doing a good job :laugh

-D-S-B- added 2 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

We're better than that performance though. That's by far our worst game in many many weeks.

I'm still banking on next season being a huge one for the Warriors. The pack will be more matured, so will the young inexperienced halves and then we've got the perfect player coming in Mateo. OMG the thoughts... :D

-D-S-B- added 3 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Just like Hayne managed to win it last year - was he not the poster-boy for all the media?
The Hayne plane... Pfffft. Shows up for two games a season and all his fan boys (who seem to be gay) wet their pants
The Luck Truck and The Sam Tram ████ on him any day! :p

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Shhh, I'm trying to minimize my ref bashing. I mean there's no point in it as a Warriors fan because I will just be on here after every single game. Refs weren't tooooo bad tonight though. A few 50/50's didn't go our way but hey, I'm used to that by now.

Many vs 5 Titans = Manu wins :p
Lets just forget his brain explosion off-load that lead to a crucial try, he's allowed one every now and then. ;)

We're not out yet, but if we stay in we gotta play a ████ load better than that. It's just a case of getting rid of the mistakes, if we didn't drop the ball so much by forcing silly offloads we might have got a win there because quite a few of their tries came after brainless plays by us.

I'm trying to keep motherflinging calm, I think I'm doing a good job :laugh

-D-S-B- added 2 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

We're better than that performance though. That's by far our worst game in many many weeks.

I'm still banking on next season being a huge one for the Warriors. The pack will be more matured, so will the young inexperienced halves and then we've got the perfect player coming in Mateo. OMG the thoughts... :D

-D-S-B- added 3 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

The Hayne plane... Pfffft. Shows up for two games a season and all his fan boys (who seem to be gay) wet their pants
The Luck Truck and The Sam Tram ████ on him any day! :p

Hayne does help Parra win a lot of the games they do win, but the games they lose are also usually his fault for being a ████ and playing terrible and trying to do it all.

Creagh train > Hayne Train/plane :p

-D-S-B-

International Coach
He's a good player, I just hate his fan boys! Which makes me less-like him :p

Stuff What I said about keeping calm, I'll quote an emotional fan from the Warriors forum instead :laugh

2 tries is what they bet us by. 2 bad calls by the refs in the 1st half. what we have to wait until 2nd half for refs to get their sh1t together. fling the NRL and the refs. the boys played against 20,000 people plus the 17 on the field and the flinging refs. NOW THATS ARE REAL TEAM. WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT that's who the our warriors have to play every week. but next time cleary we have to be are bit more like UKUMA TA'AI. READY TO RUMBLE AT THE BLINK OF A EYE. TO CARRY THE NAME WARRIOR SHOULD BE A HONOUR. DO THESE AUSSIE'S KNOW WHAT ARE WARRIOR IS. ESPECIALLY ARE NZ WARRIOR. MAYBE VODAFONE DON'T KNOW WHAT ARE NZ WARRIOR IS. ASK OUR OLD PEOPLE WHAT ARE WARRIOR IS. MOARI OR POLYNESIAN. I WILL TELL YOU RIGHT NOW. ARE WARRIOR EATS, BREATH, SLEEPS NOTHING BUT WAR. THAT'S ARE WARRIOR. I CAN SEE OUR WARRIORS WANT TO BRING THE PAIN BUT SCARED OF THE REFS. UKUMA TA'AI, YOUR NOT SCARED. I KNOW YOUR ARE WARRIOR.IT'S TIME TO CHANGE THE COACH. CLEARY YOU ARE TO SOFT.IN THE LAST 2 MINUTES ONLY ONE BRO WANTED TO RUMBLE. WHO UKUMA TA'AI... get ready for next year brothers. f we are lucky, get ready for the next game next week. sorry brothers....but you fellas were just picked on from the NRL. DAVID GALLOP you are in on it to you clown. WARRIORS WARRIORS WARRIORS WARRIORS WARRIORS WARRIORS WARRIORS WARRIORS WARRIORS WARRIORS WARRIORS WARRIORS NZ NZ NZ NZ NZ NZ NZ . IM STILL PROUD OF YOU BUT YOU NEED TO SHOW WHERE YOUR FROM KIWI BOYS. GOOD LUCK....

-D-S-B- added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

HAHA, love the pride! I think he got a bit tooo carried away somehow. New coach? Cleary has done wonders for us this season, I'm fully behind Ivan.

Last edited:

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
TBH I don't think too many shockers went against us, I though the ref had a shocker, but the calls were pretty even. I have seen other games where the refs have been so much against the Warriors, that it's not been funny, but I don't think that match was too bad.

I don't watch much League (more Union), but by the looks of things we played ████.

Everyone remembers Manu for his try, but from what I saw he had a shocker. His mistakes lead to two tries, and he coughed the ball up three times trying to offload it. Yes he made a few bulldozing runs which I love, but his ball security was poor. It seems that when we're on attack we didn't get the ball to him enough last night, so that maybe why the bad's overshadowing the good for me. It seemed he only had three or so runs at the line, which he got close on one, and scored on one other.

TBH I don't think the GC played that good either, hence why it was pretty close. I'd say 6 points would have been a better reflection of the match though.

As I said above I don't watch much League, but from what I saw both teams seemed to make a ████ load of errors, I'm not sure if that happens in most games or not, as I only watch every 2nd or 3rd Warriors match.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
If you think a lot of matches, the refs have been against the Warriors, go have a look at nearly all of Manly's games. We've lost like 5 games cause of the bloody ref, including twice in the first 2 rounds (Well the first and whenever we played the Eels and got cheated out by that 10 metre forward pass that won Eels the game).

-D-S-B-

International Coach
TBH I don't think too many shockers went against us, I though the ref had a shocker, but the calls were pretty even.
Yeah I agree. Archer is a bloody good ref and a fair one, But blind as a Badger is a different story.
It's the standard throughout the NRL these days though, even the video refs are making shockers, only god knows how.

On attack the Gold Coast looked good, they had some ood set plays near the line like usual. Us on the other hand, when we got inside their 20 we couldn't even throw our passes at Maloney, Hohaia and Seymour's chest. Our attacking options were poor, the worst we've played in many weeks.

We've still got a pretty good shot of going through *Touch Wood* Just need the Dragons and either of the Panthers and Tigers to win... which will be bloody close games.

-D-S-B- added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

If you think a lot of matches, the refs have been against the Warriors, go have a look at nearly all of Manly's games.
Warriors and Manly are always on the wrong en of the penalty count. Often it's our own fault, but too often it's the refs.

Coincidentally They're NZ's 1st and 2nd favourite teams :laugh

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The matches I've seen of the Titans, their attack hasn't been anywhere near as good as it was last night. Could be down to the fragile Warriors defence who were missing Ropati but it certainly looked good last night. Had the usual counter attack by Gordon in particular although Zillman joined the party.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
At least we had the option of listening to Channel 9 commentary rather than Channel Costo! :laugh
Apparently he was laughing at the Warriors and being an absolute ████. I love some of his calls (Which he overdoes by saying the same things every single game) but it's nice to hear some good commentary for once. A whole season of listening to costo has made me go crazy :laugh

Sorry Syl but It looks like I'll have to be cheering for Penrith.

Users who are viewing this thread