Dec 10-12: Victoria v England XI at Melbourne

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, don't think much of Bresnan, all he is ever going to do is get 2 or 3 wickets for about 80 and be praised for his "workmanlike" ability, how he got in the team I will never know, probably the Yorkshire connection, there must be loads of better bowlers in England than him.

White might do ok with the bat in Tests, at least the equal of North anyway, maybe, we'll see, probably less than North now that I think about it, I doubt he has more than 2 Test centuries in him.
But David Hussey really deserves a chance, he has been scoring far too many runs for far too long now and it is a crime that he has not been used more often.

Stupid selectors and their golden boys, that is one thing wrong with this country and it's cricket, if you don't "fit the mould" you don't have much chance, and it's why our game is going down the gurgler, the whole cricket culture is wrong and no one wants to play with those idiots anymore, time to get with the times Australia.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
The thing with Bresnan is that while his bowling isn't spectacular, atleast it's reliable. I believe that's what is keeping him in the side, his 'workman' like attitude. Someone who can bowl tidy spells, accurate, and apparently he's very good with reverse swing. Useful to have a player like that on flat pitches. And they seem to rate his lower order batting as well, probably on the same level of Broads, a solid number 8.

He reminds me of Giles really. Everyone said there were better spinners than Giles, but with Giles you got a player who was accurate, reliable, can bowl a lot of overs in the day, and is handy in the field and with the bat. And IMO, every side needs a player like that. Australia certainly could use an accurate bowler who can contribute with the bat and has a safe pair of hands right now...

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
err, who said there was no stream?

How'd you manage to find those direct link ones?

Interesting Victoria declare 2/216, finally a team that can bat. Hill has really stepped it up this season and this 100 against the English B attack will certainly catch the eye of the selectors.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Bushrangers arrogantly declare on 2/216

angryangy added 7 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Herricks sports his customary black headband. High arm action, looks like a pretty breezy pace.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Can I ask what was the point of declaring?
Like I said, sheer arrogance. Some sides might look to keep the tourists in the field after such a strong start, but Hussey obviously reckons it's worth trying to beat England inside 3 days.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Might be smart tactics, if England were trying to use this match to pick their quick to replace Broad then they would have gained nothing so far. Would look very dumb if they some how find a way to lose.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Holland has Cook, caught behind, tried to cut, no dice. Pencil him in for Boxing Day.

angryangy added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Ian Bell is the nightwatchman.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Like I said, sheer arrogance. Some sides might look to keep the tourists in the field after such a strong start, but Hussey obviously reckons it's worth trying to beat England inside 3 days.

Also i guess White & the coach if they where thinking along these lines i will no suggest. If they felt D Hussey was in with a chance of being picked for the 3rd test by scoring a hundred. They probably heard the squad selection & decided to call him in.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Arrogance? Haha. It was probably a prematch deal between White and Strauss about how long teams would bat for. That often happens in these type of games doesn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread