ICC ODI Player ratings 2011 latest updates!

Zayed Cricket

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
All these Ratings are taken from the ICC Website and its last update was April 3 2011 which means today!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Batsmen_____________Bowler_______________All-rounder

1-Hashim Amla____________1-Daniel Vettori________1-Shakib-Al-Hassan

2-AB De villiers____________2-Ray Price ___________2-Shane Watson

3- Tillekeratne Dilshan______3-Graeme Swann_______3-Shahid Afridi

4- Kumar Sangakkara_______4- Dale Steyn__________4-Yuvraj Singh

5-Jonathan Trot____________5-Morne Morkel ________5-Jacques Kallis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me the best thing which i like and happy is Shahid Afridi is 9th in ODI Bowler Ranking and 3RD in Allrounder ranking!

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
What about wicket keepers. Kami should be right up there i.e. if you hold the list upside down :facepalm

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Shakib al Hassan, doesnt deserve to be on top of that list. He aint better than Afridi, Kallis, Watson or Yuvraj .

This list is a Joke .

simsanta123

Club Cricketer
Shakib al Hassan, doesnt deserve to be on top of that list. He aint better than Afridi, Kallis, Watson or Yuvraj .

This list is a Joke .

I disagree. He is a very good allrounder. Though that doesn't count for much, he could be in the Bangladesh's team on any 1 skill also.:p But so could the others ;)

Moreover..The list reflects performance and not class. Shakib has consistently performed over the last 2 years.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Shakib would get into any side in the world, his ranking is more than justified. I think Ray Price gets an advantage from teams seeing him off and then scoring off the rest, as he's Zimbabwe's best bowler, however, he is still pretty good.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Shakib would get into any side in the world, his ranking is more than justified. I think Ray Price gets an advantage from teams seeing him off and then scoring off the rest, as he's Zimbabwe's best bowler, however, he is still pretty good.

Shakib would get into a number of sides in the world, but not all. Having said that, he is deservedly top of the all-rounder rankings.

ferg512

International Coach
No way should that Ray Price dude be number 2 bowler, I know hes economical but his stats must really get boosted when he plays the other minnows and goes for 2 an over..

Chewie

BCCI President
His stats are boosted, but not his ranking, because that takes into account your opposition I believe.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
His stats are boosted, but not his ranking, because that takes into account your opposition I believe.

Are you sure?

I've always thought that that's why he's so highly ranked, because he owns up the novice teams.

Chewie

BCCI President
Is it harder to score points against some of the weaker teams than it might be to score points against the likes of Australia and South Africa?
Because the ratings take account of the opposition strength, there shouldn't be any obvious advantage to playing against any particular team. Of course that's not to say that certain individuals do seem to play better against certain opposition or on certain types of pitch.

Reliance ICC Player Rankings

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Lol, I guess it makes sense for such a joke of an organisation to have such a big flaw in their rating system.

Here are his averages against the main eight teams:

Oz - 107
Eng - 47
Ind - 70
NZ - No wickets
Pak - 39
SA - 29
SL - 38
WI - 68

I know he has a lowish E/R, but I highly doubt that they're changed that much for the lesser teams. Maybe changed like 1 point or something, but for him to be 2nd after apparently being adjusted is just such a massive flaw, which makes you wonder what kind of brain these jokers at the ICC have, along with all their other stuff ups.

Chewie

BCCI President
What? The quote says that you get more points for doing well against good opposition than bad teams...

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I know, and I'm saying I highly doubt there's much difference between how many points you score against each team, considering this guys 2nd after the stats I posted above.

Users who are viewing this thread