• It will be completely new wrt all aspects

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • It will be a patched version of Ashes 2009 PC

Votes: 23 54.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding gameplay mechanics, Chief has already mentioned that fielding has been totally revamped, bowling refined a bit from previous releases and batting is much the same.

My thoughts on this question are mixed really.

Firstly, EVERYTHING in the game is built from scratch. Everything. No single line of code, animation, sound fx: NOTHING is legacy.

However, some of the people involved are the same, so some ideas/mechanics are the same: we felt like we were moving in the right direction in IC10, so some aspects are a continuation of those. There's also been another round of feedback and so some ideas were revisited according to that. We're also in a very similar position with regards to licenses, so the feature-set is similar (which is probably what makes it sound so much like previous games).
The massive difference, for me, is in the mechanics of how the game plays: it feels very different from any other previous cricket game to me.

It's hard to explain that in words is all.

...so what you're saying... is essentially... it could be easily explained... with some form of... moving, animated images uploaded to a world wide web of interconnected computers?

My thoughts on this question are mixed really.

Firstly, EVERYTHING in the game is built from scratch. Everything. No single line of code, animation, sound fx: NOTHING is legacy.

However, some of the people involved are the same, so some ideas/mechanics are the same: we felt like we were moving in the right direction in IC10, so some aspects are a continuation of those. There's also been another round of feedback and so some ideas were revisited according to that. We're also in a very similar position with regards to licenses, so the feature-set is similar (which is probably what makes it sound so much like previous games).
The massive difference, for me, is in the mechanics of how the game plays: it feels very different from any other previous cricket game to me.

It's hard to explain that in words is all.

Thanks. Can you still confirm that 21 June is still the release date as a number of rumours are floating about that that wont be the case......

...so what you're saying... is essentially... it could be easily explained... with some form of... moving, animated images uploaded to a world wide web of interconnected computers?
I assume you're suggesting he'd be better if he could use hand signals while explaining it?

...I was hoping for puppets.

Thanks. Can you still confirm that 21 June is still the release date as a number of rumours are floating about that that wont be the case......

Number of rumours? I've only seen one... :-) 21st June is still the release date, as evidenced everywhere else.

One mind sometimes, Matt. One mind.

Number of rumours? I've only seen one... :-) 21st June is still the release date, as evidenced everywhere else.

Great.....and now for the weather forecast.....the stormy front thought to be approaching hot cups of traditional English beverages has now evaporated into the hot air it always was..........

game is copy of all previous game

Lack of info, Screenshots, Visuals....These kind of threads pretty much expected
in my opinion game is build from all code master tiles , same bowling styles and stupid shot , and commentary borrowed from brain Lara cricket series that why they not release trailer . I thing big ant is different game same like ea sport and put Ur valuable money on big ant cricket .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread