We Should File an Official Complaint (Response from 505 Games post 99)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Depends if Steam have any technical requirements for release, but otherwise on a PC you can release anything you like.

AL_Amin

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Last edited:

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Finally I am so happy that what was asked for is done. 505 Games and Trickstar are humiliated and ECB and Steam took complains seriously.

I feel so happy with outcome of all the complains and initiative people took :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Brilliant work community.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The problem is that they still haven't said anything. I'd want to hear an unequivocal statement that they won't release on consoles and have cancelled the DVD release planed for next week.

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The problem is that they still haven't said anything. I'd want to hear an unequivocal statement that they won't release on consoles and have cancelled the DVD release planed for next week.

I will declare that day victory :cheers and I wrote to cricinfo lets see if they write something may be in one of there blog will be huge.

Last edited:

AdrianKuiper

Club Cricketer

I would say, based on the idea of Big Ant waiting for this as well, they will probably delay this statement for as long as possible.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I would say, based on the idea of Big Ant waiting for this as well, they will probably delay this statement for as long as possible.
The words I'd use to describe 505 Games if that was the reason for not making a statement are all in the swear filter.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
If it is because of something like that, then what a load of twats...

e: ^ not all of them ;)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I will declare that day victory :cheers and I wrote to cricinfo lets see if they write something may be in one of there blog will be huge.

IMO cricinfo should focus on DBC14 than AC13. I don't see any point in cricinfo giving more publicity to AC13 coz there's no such thing as bad publicity. I would rather you request cricinfo to write about DBC14 so cricket fans are made aware of DBC14's existence than go on about another cr@ppy game (AC13).

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
IMO cricinfo should focus on DBC14 than AC13. I don't see any point in cricinfo giving more publicity to AC13 coz there's no such thing as bad publicity. I would rather you request cricinfo to write about DBC14 so cricket fans are made aware of DBC14's existence than go on about another cr@ppy game (AC13).

Couldn't agree more. I think we should contact each blogger who writes about AC being pulled from steam and ask them to mention DBC

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Couldn't agree more. I think we should contact each blogger who writes about AC being pulled from steam and ask them to mention DBC

You should do. I emailed Gamespot after they released a Don Bradman press release containing that infamous burning stumps video for Ashes 2013.

The author very kindly changed the video immediately. Hopefully the others are similar.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I don't agree with this complete innocence of 505. Sure, they didn't make this crap, but they still published it. If they honestly didn't know how poor it was then it was extreme negligence. I don't think that was the case though, so they most likely did know how bad it was a still chose to take pre-orders and ultimately sell it.

Yeah this

If I'm running a restaurant and my head chef takes a dump on a plate, it is my decision whether I take it out to the diners.. And on my head, and 505's head be it when they look at the plate, and see some turds on the plate..

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I think it's probably better to let AC13 implode on its own. Being lumped in with the 'all cricket games suck' tone that you'll get out of most of the coverage now isn't a good thing.

It's like how a few screenshots showing bobbleheads make people explode in rage, the best thing in my view for DBC14 is for people who aren't going to spend the time to read up on it to just not be aware of it - let it surprise and surpass expectations diminished by AC13 when it is shown in its best light during the real promotional campaign and the game's release.

DBC's strength is from how it plays - that's hard to convey in video - which is why you get so many complaints about not being in the broadcast camera when you don't miss it at all while playing.

Someone mentioned (possibly yourself?) that Big Ant should change their approach on review copies - I agree. Once the game is nearing release. send a copy out to all the major publications that cover the AC13 mess. That's where the press will matter for DBC - not now.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah I said that but I think a few others did too. You make a good point re leaving Ashes to die alone.

I do think the review copy thing would be a great move.

Users who are viewing this thread