AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
@Bigil @mesushant
Scratch means Making bats stickers part by part
Check This tutorial which is made for cricket 07

I see, well thanks for the information but I'm already making each bit of the bat 'part by part' so I'm not sure how much that is going to differ from what I'm doing already, I'm too far down the line now to change my methods anyway and the great difficulty here is that for many of the bats there are a lack of good source images because the players use personal customised versions of the bats so you can't find the exact same version on any of the official bat maker's websites where image quality is high.

I think the bats I've made will look pretty good in-game although HD quality is not possible, the maximum image file size for the whole bat is 512x512 pixels anyway. The other thing I would say is that tiny or small imperfections in the bats can actually be a thing of beauty and add to the realism because the appearance of the bats change throughout the course of a test match/innings as bits of the stickers/spray paint or whatever it is get scratched off - so in a way it adds to the authenticity, in my opinion the bats should never look too pixel perfect as that can also look a bit fake.

Again, as I've said before, if anybody wants to help and can improve any aspect of this project then I will share any source files/PSD files with them and I can't wait to see the work! I will happily update project files with anything that is better than what I have produced!

Last edited:

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Cameron Bancroft's Kookaburra:
cameron-bancroft.jpg
9e959950-c49b-11e9-86e3-14499ebce5c5.jpg

Cameron-Bancroft-Kookaburra.png

I don't know the specific model, most likely Kahuna something. This one was very difficult to find any good images for so I had to improvise a little bit, think it turned out ok in the end though but took a long time.

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
James Pattinson's Kookaburra:
Screenshot-2019-08-01-at-9-44-45-PM.png

Kookaburra-Biggest-Kahuna-d.png

It was very difficult to find images for this so I had to improvise, still not sure exactly what model it is.[DOUBLEPOST=1575072906][/DOUBLEPOST]Josh Hazlewood's Kookaburra Blaze Pro:
Capture3.png

Kookaburra-Biggest-Kahuna-d.png

Users who are viewing this thread