Ashes Cricket Gameplay Sneakpeek

fade0508

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't really care about graphics but I do care about batters cover driving leg stump half volleys...

You are presuming that's the ball marker on middle & leg. It could easily be a laser from a sniper rifle..the more interesting question is who is holding the rifle; my guess is Nick Compton.

Last edited:

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
505 games are advised not to delay ac13 anymore instead cancel it and come up after 2 years with something better. Till then don't spoil the savings of cricket fans for ba cricket!

fiction

County Cricketer
I think that we should wait for the actual gameplay video before criticizing the animations or graphics.Nobody here knows when was the clip made.Maybe the animations and graphics will look much better when the final version of game is released.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This video is every bit as bad as those amateurish half baked screen shots which we got earlier with floating heads and the bats held the wrong way. The issue is not graphics but gameplay, specifically the shot animations which are every bit as poor as the earlier versions. And when you factor in the fielders just standing there like zombies and batsman's backlift higher than Graham Gooch's it does make you wonder what have the AC13 team done over the last 2-3 years :rolleyes

To me it's clear that AC13 team may not have access to the earlier codebase but they re-wrote the same thing with minor tweaks. That "red blob" pitch marker is actually worse than the markers used in previous games and TBH I am wondering what exactly has been improved in AC13 given they have even taken out fielding this time round :facepalm

All I can say is the $15 price for the game seems appropriate, if not a tad high, and if this is this is 505 Games and Trickstar's definition of making the game more realistic, it would be better they stop with cricket games. It's more than clear at this point AC13 was a cash-grab aimed at cashing on back to back Ashes series in the same year with no thoughts about the cricket gaming fans. As for shot animations didn't Chief/Jamie say they got a new mo-cap guy? I don't believe so coz I have seen better cricketers in school cricket and looks like the mo-cap piece was another lie we were fed by Chief/Jamie.

All those stories which Chief/Jamie told about the AC13 team working for 2-3 years and that the game is a huge step forward in cricket gaming evolution have been exposed as lies. I can't believe for a second that this cr@p took 2-3 years to develop :( Oh well, some things like SA choking in an ICC cricket tourney and cricket gaming fans let down and taken for a ride never change :(

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Nobody here knows when was the clip made.
Yes we do, Trickstar in their Q&A two weeks ago mentioned they'd sent a bunch of raw video to 505 - and now you got a video from them editing that. That can't be anything but the current state of the game, and the scale of what would need to be fixed to make the motion look vaguely natural is not a last minute fix.

This is it.

rezwannavid

School Cricketer
The batting animation is so bad that even the in-game crowd didn't show up :D

They said that the crowd will increase hours by hours! So the morning session will be less crowd that the Evening one! So they are on track as they said! But Ross, I am looking for one of your's gameplay!

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Yes we do, Trickstar in their Q&A two weeks ago mentioned they'd sent a bunch of raw video to 505 - and now you got a video from them editing that. That can't be anything but the current state of the game, and the scale of what would need to be fixed to make the motion look vaguely natural is not a last minute fix.

This is it.

I am a little shocked by the hate from 5 and a half seconds, sure it does not look great but looks old and ok at best. The batsmen is also doing a front foot defence shot not a drive like others have said. PS We all need to see more but this is not a great first video but i don't feel it's as bad as others are saying.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I am a little shocked by the hate from 5 and a half seconds, sure it does not look great but looks old and ok at best. The batsmen is also doing a front foot defence shot not a drive like others have said. PS We all need to see more but this is not a great first video but i don't feel it's as bad as others are saying.

When you can't even nail down basics of cricket like backlift, shot animation and the fielders look like zombies, it's not "ok". Maybe for you but for most it's definitely not ok.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
When you can't even nail down basics of cricket like backlift, shot animation and the fielders look like zombies, it's not "ok". Maybe for you but for most it's definitely not ok.

It's less than 6 seconds and looks like a test for a shot, i never said it looks good but it's not as bad as people on here are saying. PS We will see soon as the trailer is coming soon.:p

Bevab

Staff Member

Are you for real?:eek:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It's less than 6 seconds and looks like a test for a shot, i never said it looks good but it's not as bad as people on here are saying. PS We will see soon as the trailer is coming soon.
I'm just sick of stretching for positives in what we're seeing.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
It's less than 6 seconds and looks like a test for a shot, i never said it looks good but it's not as bad as people on here are saying. PS We will see soon as the trailer is coming soon.:p

Are you kidding me? You didn't find anything wrong with that backlift where the batsman hangs the bat up as if it's a fishing rod about to be flung in the river? Or didn't you notice the fielders who were mirror images and looked as active as a bear in hibernation as the ball was delivered? Or what about that red colored marker on the pitch? Or maybe that abrupt, clumsy shot which the batsman plays?

These things stood out in a 6 second clip and you are claiming these things would go away if the clip was longer? Chances are if these are the things we could notice within 6 seconds, the real game would have a bunch on unplayable bugs and the way AC13 is trying to push the game out, it wouldn't be least bit surprising.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Gotta agree with 79cricket.

----------

Let the actual gameplay video come.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Let the actual gameplay video come.
So we can see what they could find of shots that look okay? I suppose that's why it took two weeks for them to get 6 seconds of footage out of what Trickstar sent them.

They are the ones who posted it, just like they had the floating head screenshots in a paid magazine feature. If they thought that it wasn't near representative of their work then they wouldn't be trying to use it as a teaser.

If the graphics were better they'd be showing them off, if the gameplay was great, then they'd be handing copies out to reviewers.

Every single thing I hear or see about the game is sucking every little bit of hope I have for it away, talk about managing expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread