Ashes Cricket Gameplay Sneakpeek

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm just sick of stretching for positives in what we're seeing.

Yeah I agree it's been a bad last 6 months with ashes 2013, if bigant cricket was not around god where would we be. Now about this so called 6 seconds, yes it's not good I said that and there are problems in this but till a full trailer or reveal I will not judge 100%, my guess this 6 seconds looks like test footage. One thing is for sure the delay makes a lot of sense now, this game needs more work but the 6 seconds is not all crap. PS WAITING some more for now I guess.:(

scampy

Club Captain
Forward defensive shot off the back foot? That's just not cricket! :eek:

Gurjot95

National Board President
I am surprised that there are still people who are defending this and saying it was early footage or just a bad choice of shot when it's clearly not.

Truth is that's the best they can show and yeah, it's from the latest build as Mike Fegain said in his earlier videos that they had sent it to publishers. Surely 5 buggy screenshots, an awful video and of course Broad leak can't all be a co-incidence of 505 specifically selecting the 'bad' screens to promote? We have seen enough to confirm it's the final build and these are the best screens 505 could do. You can only imagine what the 'worse' will look like in final game. Admit it or not, but we saw this coming long ago.

Hard to say this but TAOC made by 2 guys looked and played much better than AC13. Has anyone played it's demo or saw screens/videos? The animations were smoother there even though it was made by one guy without being paid a penny.

srk121

International Coach
We cricket fans have always been taken lightly by the game developers apart from bigant. If bigant was not around than we would have no choice but accept the game that trickstar games has to offer. Sadly enough we pay similar amount of money as we do for a fifa series or other games but in return we get broken game and such a lack of features. I could not understand why any cricket game till yet not.managed to get a basic career mode in it.

For a sports game that's the story line and that's where the longevity is. We cricket gamers have been ill treated yet we still trust transmission/trickstar. I think its time for us to look differently and look forward to a game which has been designed for us hardcore fans by bigant. I really hope thay game does well.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is it really that hard to keep a retired cricketer with the dev team to keep the quality in check? At least then he would have never let this kind of animation sequence to pass.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
We cricket fans have always been taken lightly by the game developers apart from bigant. If bigant was not around than we would have no choice but accept the game that trickstar games has to offer. Sadly enough we pay similar amount of money as we do for a fifa series or other games but in return we get broken game and such a lack of features. I could not understand why any cricket game till yet not.managed to get a basic career mode in it.

For a sports game that's the story line and that's where the longevity is. We cricket gamers have been ill treated yet we still trust transmission/trickstar. I think its time for us to look differently and look forward to a game which has been designed for us hardcore fans by bigant. I really hope thay game does well.

^^ personally i am willing to forgive bigant even if they mess up the gameplay given it is their first time and they genuinely seem eager to deliver a quality cricket game. I say this because sometimes the pessimistic side of me wonders looking at the freature list whether BA bit way more than they can chew.

srk121

International Coach
^^ personally i am willing to forgive bigant even if they mess up the gameplay given it is their first time and they genuinely seem eager to deliver a quality cricket game. I say this because sometimes the pessimistic side of me wonders looking at the freature list whether BA bit way more than they can chew.

I agree with you totally on this. With all the features the game is bound to have it fare share of bugs, but i am sure they won't be game breaking ones in them.

St0ney

Club Captain
It might of been only 6 seconds of rubbish, but at least it was something of gameplay unlike that other game.:D

Just kidding really.;)

topanaris

School Cricketer
WOW all i can say is wow, we see a 6 sec cut of a video, and all I am reading is how much of a colossal failure the game is. I will wait until the demo is out before rushing to judgment.

Pretty poor form seeing Big Ant studios on this forum dissing this game, when we haven't seen anything of their product of note to this day. Potential for some serious pie-in-face.

In the corperate world this type of activity on a more grand scale could give reason to litigation.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pretty poor form seeing Big Ant studios on this forum dissing this game, when we haven't seen anything of their product of note to this day. Potential for some serious pie-in-face.

In the corperate world this type of activity on a more grand scale could give reason to litigation.

Yeah, litigation happens, however truth is still a defense. You've seen plenty of our game via Cricket Academy, Screenshots and "Day in the life" video.

In any case when you say "grand scale" you mean like how Sony has been giving it to Microsoft recently in their press conferences and the Sony CEO also making videos of game sharing to stick it to Microsoft Official PlayStation Used Game Instructional Video or would you like it grander than that? :rolleyes

The TableTop cricket trailer has animated fielders, smoother graphics, animation, etc. etc. look it up, looks better and has more gameplay than Ashes 2013 - you even field in it!

ATMega169P

Banned
Yeah, litigation happens, however truth is still a defense. You've seen plenty of our game via Cricket Academy, Screenshots and "Day in the life" video.

In any case when you say "grand scale" you mean like how Sony has been giving it to Microsoft recently in their press conferences and the Sony CEO also making videos of game sharing to stick it to Microsoft Official PlayStation Used Game Instructional Video or would you like it grander than that? :rolleyes

The TableTop cricket trailer has animated fielders, smoother graphics, animation, etc. etc. look it up, looks better and has more gameplay than Ashes 2013 - you even field in it!

One thing I think that you need to take advantage of at this stage is to show a gameplay video of BA cricket 14 even if it is at least 6 seconds long. Obviously Ashes 2013 looks crap but this is the time for you to show a glimpse of the game that will totally demolish Ashes 2013 in all aspects of the game. A gameplay video now will totally bring all Ashes cricket 2013 fans towards BA cricket if they still exist :p This is just a suggestion :thumbs

Skatie

Club Captain
Ok here is my take on the video, I personally never planned on buying AC13 due to previous failures and this video makes me glad I didnt pre-order but im thinking this may be a ploy by trickstar/505 games to get everyone talking about it. The video may be of an older build and they may be getting ready to release a proper gameplay video which will look better (anything can look better than that 6 seconds) so when comparing the two videos there is a vast difference therefore changing some opinions, its a mind game!!!!! Big Ant Cricket 14 all the way, Ross love your work :yes

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

A very grand video indeed Ross :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread