Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not sure what narrow mindsets have to do with the game being titled "Ashes Cricket" and having exclusive "Ashes Licenses" and absolutely, repeat, absolutely nothing to do with Indian Cricket or Tendulkar...

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I brought his autograph off a guy on ebay once...

Day7

School Cricketer
Not sure what narrow mindsets have to do with the game being titled "Ashes Cricket" and having exclusive "Ashes Licenses" and absolutely, repeat, absolutely nothing to do with Indian Cricket or Tendulkar...

You don't think Tendulkar's retiring will have any affect in India on whatever handful of cricket games being released during that period? Because, that my friend, was ronak's original point, if you had just only cared to read.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
You don't think Tendulkar's retiring will have any affect in India on whatever handful of cricket games being released during that period?
Nope, none at all.

Besides, games still exist the week after launch - even if Tendulkar retiring drove sales of a cricket game (that he's not in and that focuses on a tournament he never played) - why waste that by launching in the same week if you can get the benefit of both the release itself and a wave of Tendulkar?

Beyond that - the release timing of a game based on the Ashes will not depend at all on anything that happens in India. It simply is not on the radar of anyone who has anything to do with anything.

505 Games don't have the luxury of picking sentimental release dates. They will just be hoping they can get it out for the first Test.

fiction

County Cricketer
People are living in the past. Tendulkar may have been a big thing in 90's and early years of 21st century, but that days are long gone. Nobody cares about him anymore and neither has he contributed anything to the game in recent years. Tendulkar's retirement will be just another perfunctory event for most of us. And, it's ludicrous to think that his retirement will have any effect on the sales of either of the two Cricket games.

Not to forget that both of the games have no connection to both- India and Sachin Tendulkar.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Comprehensively and completely answered I would say. Thanks lads.

angad

Chairman of Consent
You don't think Tendulkar's retiring will have any affect in India on whatever handful of cricket games being released during that period? Because, that my friend, was ronak's original point, if you had just only cared to read.

But why would it??? Yes, his last innings will be a special moment, but we rarely get to see him anyways since he has already retired from ODIs and T20!!

I dont think I would go out and buy a cricket game anyways because Sachin (or any other player) retired:facepalm! Infact, I so wanted to go out and buy (and play) a new cricket game when the Ashes was on, or even when the Champions Trophy was on!!!

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Eagerly awaiting for Mike Fegan to come clean on his sweeping statement on FB. This has implication for when Ross will release DBC 14.

----------

I would buy a Cricket game because I love the damn sport. Is not this a good enough reason in itself?

angad

Chairman of Consent
Eagerly awaiting for Mike Fegan to come clean on his sweeping statement on FB. This has implication for when Ross will release DBC 14.

A statement that makes perfect sense!!!! Infact I was surprised why people keep asking Ross for the release date....its like barking up the wrong tree, since Ross has mentioned time and again that they would see what happens with Ac13 first. Just ask Mike Fegan to confirm the release plans for AC13, and I am pretty sure we would get the most-awaited news from Ross soon (if not immediately)!!:yes

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Comprehensively and completely answered I would say. Thanks lads.

you would think so, but you're dealing with people who's response to the bradman license was "you should get tendulkar for next time" so i don't think the mere fact of the ashes game being about teams he never played for, in a competition he never played in, and it being a video game he doesn't feature in, will convince them.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Another reason people forgot to mention about releasing a game aimed at India is that they'll just pirate the sh!t out of it. ESPECIALLY if it's got tendilker on the cover

angad

Chairman of Consent
Another reason people forgot to mention about releasing a game aimed at India is that they'll just pirate the sh!t out of it. ESPECIALLY if it's got tendilker on the cover

Pirating it or not, the fact remains that even if everyone bought a legitimate copy of the game, India is just not as big a market (when it comes to gaming) as UK or AUS! I have had a personal chat with many retailers and a couple of distributors whom I know, and all of them agreed that India is nowhere (really....nowhere) near those two countries when it comes to gaming, piracy or no piracy!

Users who are viewing this thread