Your Player Cards

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, the flaw in that mindset is that you're going to have people uploading crappy looking players just get "first credit" and then everyone else who makes the players actually look like who they're supposed to aren't going to get the credit for their work.

This is very true. When CA first came along, I made a couple crap players, a Siddle and a Pattinson. I then left CA alone until about November/December and someone had gone and created fantastic versions with these as bases. When I downloaded them to put them into my teams, and then uploaded them, it said I was the original creator. Which is completely unfair.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Michael Carberry :

884c8d38013238c18f3862f613b66012.png

4251f1032febb3839db534f9d1e53a42.png

kasabian21

International Coach
the comparison was to the act of infringing IP.

you don't have the right to make the image of e.g. Alastair Cook, just as I don't have the right to bootleg Robocop.

honestly, I am pretty sure you shouldn't share your creations, because you don't buy in to the community aspect. CA isn't an art gallery, it's a community editor.

if you make e.g. Alan Border and it's very close but I reckon the nose could be better, it would be ridiculous for me to make him from scratch, rather than download yours and edit it.

ultimately, most people who buy the game and use CA will not know Kasabian21 from thankslut26, so literally, who cares? The PC members that view and contribute to this thread will know you're a good creator, but there are plenty of others too.

You can't apply that rule specifically to me and my argument - as we're all 'guilty' of it. It doesn't make sense to me at all. It's like comparing apples and oranges, regardless of the IP rights etc...

I don't buy in to it? Lol the CA police are here. Why did I start creating in the first place and share them with the forum and on CA - so people could have better likenesses. It really is as simple as that. If I spend my own time creating players that I'm willing to share then this effort and respect it should work both ways and that should be reflected in CA (and reciprocated by other users).

Whether people thinking I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill or not, my only real issue is that if i put time and effort into something then I should (as should anyone else) receive the credit for this. Simple.

----------

And Kasabian, no one was 'taking' credit for your Steyn. It's a quirk in the system that I can duplicate without fail.

Well as was discovered yesterday I wasn't to know this until you found this fault - you can't blame me for thinking someone had. I know now this isn't the case. People may not actively take credit for it, but they can passively, i.e using the fault found in the system.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
And you've only missed out on full credit once. And even then it wasn't a matter of maliciously copying your creation. It's a quirk in the system which seemingly no one has encountered except me?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You can't apply that rule specifically to me and my argument - as we're all 'guilty' of it.

Literally nobody else cares about "credit", so no actually, nobody else is guilty of it.

As we have been trying to make clear to you, all we care about is the community getting better players to download.

kasabian21

International Coach
And you've only missed out on full credit once. And even then it wasn't a matter of maliciously copying your creation. It's a quirk in the system.

I didn't say it was malicious. Before the fault was found that was the only explanation I had. Plus, people were trying to put my argument down by saying it looked nothing like my Steyn...yet, as you found, it was my Steyn with a few changes made. All I'm asking for is that if I upload something, I get the credit for it. That's it.

----------

Literally nobody else cares about "credit", so no actually, nobody else is guilty of it.

As we have been trying to make clear to you, all we care about is the community getting better players to download.

Well that's fine, I'm not other people and this is a democracy, where people can voice their opinions even if 99.9% of people disagree with them.

But people are guilty of it...because they are creating the players!

Edit: when I use the word credit, all I mean is that I come up as the original creator. That's it.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There was an issue with the CA at one point that did cause the wrong original creator, we pulled the server off the air and attempted to fix all we could and also put out a new CA and forced people to update to it if they wanted to connect to the database.

Except for the latest issue with linking, which is a design flaw not a bug as such, I think it works.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
shall we just hold a special tickertape parade for you on launch day?

----------

But people are guilty of it...because they are creating the players!

we're guilty of creating likenesses we don't have a right to create, yes.

but we're NOT guilty of then thinking we have a right to have our "IP" respected if we haven't respected someone else's. it's called self-awareness.

----------

There was an issue with the CA at one point that did cause the wrong original creator, we pulled the server off the air and attempted to fix all we could and also put out a new CA and forced people to update to it if they wanted to connect to the database.

Except for the latest issue with linking, which is a design flaw not a bug as such, I think it works.

It does; don't change it for one diva.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's reasonable to give credit where it's due, especially when so much time goes into the creations, it's why we have the Original Creator there in the first place.

There's a difference between "passing off", as in taking credit for the work of someone else and a genuine want to improve the database for everyone. Thankfully there aren't too many on the system rorting it right now, but as the YouTube experience shows, where people steal videos and add their own watermarks etc.. - it will happen, expect a lot of it.

----------

The main thing is you will know your creations and be proud of them, and know that when this thing goes big (:)) that you were there at the start.

kasabian21

International Coach
shall we just hold a special tickertape parade for you on launch day?

----------

we're guilty of creating likenesses we don't have a right to create, yes.

but we're NOT guilty of then thinking we have a right to have our "IP" respected if we haven't respected someone else's. it's called self-awareness.

----------

It does; don't change it for one diva.

I haven't once talked about "IP". This has nothing to do with IP. At all. I just said I thought someone had copied one of my creations and it annoyed me.

----------

It's reasonable to give credit where it's due, especially when so much time goes into the creations, it's why we have the Original Creator there in the first place.

There's a difference between "passing off", as in taking credit for the work of someone else and a genuine want to improve the database for everyone. Thankfully there aren't too many on the system rorting it right now, but as the YouTube experience shows, where people steal videos and add their own watermarks etc.. - it will happen, expect a lot of it.

----------

The main thing is you will know your creations and be proud of them, and know that when this thing goes big (:)) that you were there at the start.

So basically, what you're saying is you know I'm the best and I should be very proud of myself because you, as the Top Dog, are proud of me too. Thanks.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
@BigAntStudios Just out of morbid curiosity - I'll do a proper test tonight to see exactly how the 'original creator' can be manipulated by multiple links on one player. What I know for sure is, it is possible to manipulate it in such a way that it can come up with different 'original creators' depending on the order in which you link, and what you link. So I'll give it a proper going over later.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Luke Wright is one of the weird players where you really need to accentuate his features more than usual. Lower the lip fullness as much as possible. Lower the outer eye height. Darken the eye brow colour. Have a play with the brow droop and top lid height too.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Thanks, little bit more fiddling and I feel I'm nearly there :D.

1bf0e322cc303bf25144cc91221b8106.png

Only just realised/noticed there's only fast fast-medium and medium with no medium-fast. Judging from the nets fast is for like the majority of front line test bowlers i.e 85mph+

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread