Need Advice for Good Graphics Card for DBC14

kushari

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Guys, I have mostly played on PS3 so far so don't have much knowledge about the different type of Graphics Cards available to play High Graphics games.

My present PC configuration is Intel Core I3 3.07 Ghz with 4 GB RAM and Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 series.

As I don't play much PC games except for DBC14 and few others like FIFA14, COD etc, I am looking for something within a budget of below INR 5000/- (Approx USD 85). Budget is not an issue, but as my requirement is not much, dont want to spend unnecessarily.
I am thinking of buying FORSA NVIDIA Gt610 2GB DDR3 Graphics Card from Flipkart @ INR 3200/- Net (Approx USD 53) . Below please find the link.

Forsa NVIDIA GT610 2 GB DDR3 Graphics Card - Forsa: Flipkart.com

I would love to have some advice whether I can play DBC14 in High Setting with this card? My other requirement is to watch Blue Ray Movies. I already have Blue Ray drive on my PC

Guys, please suggest me how is this Forsa Nvidia GT610 Card, and should I increase my Budget and go for some other Card?

grkrama

National Board President

kushari

International Coach
nope dont get gt610 its totally crap, minimum go for something like these otherwise you wont get full/decent use of PC graphical enhancements of even the limited amount of games you mentioned.

Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon R7 250 with Boost R7 250 1GB DD...

Rs. 6031

Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

(171 ratings)
Rs. 7572

OR

if you can shell a good option for gaming

ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 7501 GB DDR5 Graphics Card

(10 ratings)
in Graphics Card
Rs. 12500 24% OFF
Rs. 9499

Thanks buddy for your advice. I thought as Forsa GT610 has 2 GB DDR3 RAM and has Maximum Resolution 2560 x 1600 (Same as most of the higher priced card), and also the reviews in the FlipKart were mostly good, it should be a good card. Can you tell me what should one look into a card when deciding to buy one? I mean how a lay man will know GT610 is inferior to other options mentioned by you when seemingly there is not much difference in the General Specification mentioned against each product on FlipKart?

grkrama

National Board President
for one look at clock speed as well no of cuda cores for nvidia card and no of streaming proccesors for ATI

the more the better, but the tech of nividia and ati is different so dont compare between ati and nvidia.

next always go for a card with ddr5 ram because it has more bandwidth so GPU can communicate faster. 1 GB ddr5 is better than 2 or 4 gb ddr3 cards.

Another good way to know better about cards esp of you want to compare between ati and nvidia cards is game based benchmarks like these and compare the cards.

AnandTech | Bench - GPU14

kushari

International Coach
for one look at clock speed as well no of cuda cores for nvidia card and no of streaming proccesors for ATI

the more the better, but the tech of nividia and ati is different so dont compare between ati and nvidia.

next always go for a card with ddr5 ram because it has more bandwidth so GPU can communicate faster. 1 GB ddr5 is better than 2 or 4 gb ddr3 cards.

Another good way to know better about cards esp of you want to compare between ati and nvidia cards is game based benchmarks like these and compare the cards.

AnandTech | Bench - GPU14

Buddy 01 Last Question. Which in your view is better (for Indian Hot & Humid condition), ATI or NVIDIA, if we are talking about same price range..

grkrama

National Board President
its a tricky question i have had both nvidia and ati, presently ATI, cant say one is better than the other, in terms of driver support nvidia is a bit quicker than ATI but ATI is also catching up.
If you can specify the card models then you can find which is better of the two, but having said that mostly ATI is a bit cheaper than nvidia so at the same price i would expect ATI to be marginally better than nvidia.[DOUBLEPOST=1407785828][/DOUBLEPOST]and also go for good brands like MSI, zotac or sapphire as they have decent service here and mostly good makes without problems.

D

Deleted member 9102

I'd say AMD are better in terms of the price/performance ratio, but with Nvidia you get nicer drivers/software and usually less heat/noise. I went with Nvidia myself but both offer great hardware.

I have no idea what the market is like for computer components in India so I won't make a recommendation of an exact model, but I advise you to spend a lot of time doing your research on the cards you intend to buy, looking at benchmarks and reviews on Youtube (Linus Tech Tips is a great channel) so you know roughly what sort of performance to expect.

kushari

International Coach
I'd say AMD are better in terms of the price/performance ratio, but with Nvidia you get nicer drivers/software and usually less heat/noise. I went with Nvidia myself but both offer great hardware.

I have no idea what the market is like for computer components in India so I won't make a recommendation of an exact model, but I advise you to spend a lot of time doing your research on the cards you intend to buy, looking at benchmarks and reviews on Youtube (Linus Tech Tips is a great channel) so you know roughly what sort of performance to expect.

Thanks buddy for your input. Of-course after @grkrama advice I have dropped the idea of buying GT610 DDR3 Card, and will go for DDR5 Card only. I am also more inclined towards ATI now and will do some research on few ATI DDR5 Cards.

soyab0007

Club Cricketer
Can I play this game with Intel core i5 4440 integrated graphics which is HD 4600?

D

Deleted member 9102

It may be possible to run the game on some Intel integrated graphics - I've seen Youtube videos of some quite demanding games running at quite a nice framerate on it.

I'd imaging BF3 is much more demanding than DBC and it looks like you can get quite a playable framerate... Better visuals and performance than Xbox 360/PS3 anyway, on integrated graphics!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah, several people run it just fine on Intel graphics.

I was very cautious advising people pre-release about it, but the minimum spec has turned out to be quite above what's actually needed. The game's well optimised.

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Runs fine on i7 laptop with 4900 series integrated Intel Graphics... runs pretty well on my PC which has an old AMD X2 64 6000+ and HD4850 OC edition gfx. Obviously going for something newer is always a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread