Your Player Cards

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Only just realised/noticed there's only fast fast-medium and medium with no medium-fast. Judging from the nets fast is for like the majority of front line test bowlers i.e 85mph+
I'm pretty sure the arm speed dictates their bowling speed and throw accuracy is also their bowling accuracy. If you put Wright's arm speed quite low then his pace should be medium fast.

Mind you, I could be talking total BS.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Wait...there's a difference between fast-medium and medium-fast?

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I believe it goes :

Fast
Medium-Fast
Fast-Medium
Medium
Spin stuff

It's just another level ;).

kasabian21

International Coach
You've got fast-medium and medium-fast the wrong way around.

----------

Hoggard was RFM, albeit at the low end. Most medium-fasts are classed as mediums these days. Although towards the end of his career would have been RMF for sure.

Medium-fast was usually reserved for those consistently bowling high 70's and occasionally pushing into the early 80's.

Last edited:

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
Hoggard was RFM, albeit at the low end. Most medium-fasts are classed as mediums these days.
Meh, Ravi Bopara and Paul Collingwood are always viewed as medium even though they bowl 72-78 mph, and Hoggard usually bowled 78-82 mph in his peak, so I'd say that he's medium-fast.

kasabian21

International Coach
Meh, Ravi Bopara and Paul Collingwood are always viewed as medium even though they bowl 72-78 mph, and Hoggard usually bowled 78-82 mph in his peak, so I'd say that he's medium-fast.

I think he was classed as RFM because he had it in him to bowl up to 85/86mph and did on a fair few occasions, whereas medium-fasts top out in the very early 80's.

I always viewed it as:

Medium: up to 75mph
Medium-Fast: 75-80mph
Fast Medium: 80-87mph
Fast: 87mph+

All based on consistent speeds. Do they even class bowlers as medium-fasts anymore?!

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
Last edited:

kasabian21

International Coach
This may be a pointless debate, but I'd say:

Don't-quit-your-day-job: 10-44mph
Dibbly-Dobbly: 45-65mph
Medium: 66-77mph
Medium-Fast: 78-83mph
Fast-Medium: 85-87mph
Fast: 88mph-

It's dying out of the modern game. #BringBackMedium-FastBowling

Nah, I actually find it quite interesting to see what people perceive as FM, MF etc...

I blame Big Ant. It needs to be put into CA.

I'm sure England used to have quite a few. Mark Ealham, Ronnie Irani, Adam Hollioake, Dermot Reeve, Ian Austin!? I'm sure there are plenty in county cricket - we at Worcester have got at least 4/5.

Last edited:

kasabian21

International Coach
A quick question for those of you creating players - are you using all the attributes points?

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Personally, no.

Although I imagine I'll be heavily adjusting attributes and skills once I've actually played

Users who are viewing this thread