The Great PlanetCricket Ask Me Anything You Like Thread [AMAYL]

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Very conflicted actually - their cricket games were found wanting at best, plus I think their golf swing animations are from same pool as their cricket bowling animations :rolleyes. Maybe it's time to remove my sig!
I love giving hate to EA for their greed, but TW14 is only game I am playing atm.

@blockerdave, I am really interested in your views on the as yet unannounced distributor/release date of DBC14 in UK. Amazed you haven't spoken on the subject yet - got any thoughts?

thanks for the heads-up from @NoLeName which saved me from "doing a @warlord" or even worse a @MattW, which would be shameful indeed, and i would never be able to look @ChinamanSpin, @ethybubs* or even @grkrama in the eye ever again.

*sidebar - for a long time i misread your name as etyhubs... i tried "atting" you several times before giving up and actually checking what it was. i still have trouble with @ethybubs.

thank you for the question @zimrahil - i have indeed been somewhat reticent to post my views on the uk distribution and i am glad to have been given a platform.

my thoughts are:
1)i don't think a deal had been signed when the announcement was made, and may not have been signed yet
2)i do think they are at a very advanced stage, and there will be little or no delay in uk release
3)it wouldn't surprise me if it's come down to something like the distributor wants to give a specific retailer either steelbook exclusive, or maybe even "total" exclusivity for a certain period, and trublu either don't want that at all, or don't think the price offered warrants the exclusivity, or think other retailers would bypass it by getting it imported and it all end up in a giant cluster"fun" who knows.
4)GAME, Amazon and the supermarkets not having pre-orders or other visibility on their sites (i do not count the "imports" listing on amazon, since it's clearly not from the uk distributor, hence "import") is odd, and likely indicates one of those badboys is the one looking for exclusivity
5)thank god for shop.to and @Dutch and i am looking forward to playing very much, maybe not @79cricket levels of excitemment, but maybe 80% of an @angad.
6)i know @Ross doesn't agree with me, but then he would say that wouldn't he, and as his argument so far consists of "wah wah wah you're @thefonz wah wah wah" i reckon i am righter than @isrararrafi after he cut off his left arm and leg that time for a bet.

i must say also i am a fan of the multi-part question previously espoused by myself, @Biggs and @SnowyCasanova and possibly others, so I think I will direct an x-part question, and after playing a bit of post roulette I am glad to announce the winner is @SpitfiresKent, who edged out @zombieian in a tie break.

so:
1)when you signed up, was there already a KentSpitfires, and if so do you hate him, and if not what's up with that?
2)if you could get the game a day early and use my Jimmy Anderson, or a month late and use the cartoonish error-fest puked up by @kasabian21 that you seem to inexplicably favour, which would you choose?
3)If we held a "planet cricket rap battle", who would win? personally my money would be on @IceAgeComing
4)My favourite book, as I mentioned previously, is The Three Musketeers. What's yours, and in the event of it not being The Three Musketeers, do you understand that you're utterly wrong?
5) @cricket_online recently posted a lot of information about purchasing the game in places like north america that i thought was one of the most helpful things i've ever read on planet cricket. how do you think @barmyarmy should reward him, given he is gluten intolerant and can't eat cake?
6) @Friend863 is currently leading the DBC spot the ball - do you think he is cheating?
7)I reckon i've now got the award for the most @ mentions in a single post, but @User2010 and @funnyadit disagree. what are your thoughts?

Last edited:

angad

Chairman of Consent
Online Cricket Games Owned
thanks for the heads-up from @NoLeName which saved me from "doing a @warlord" or even worse a @MattW, which would be shameful indeed, and i would never be able to look @ChinamanSpin, @ethybubs* or even @grkrama in the eye ever again.

*sidebar - for a long time i misread your name as etyhubs... i tried "atting" you several times before giving up and actually checking what it was. i still have trouble with @ethybubs.

thank you for the question @zimrahil - i have indeed been somewhat reticent to post my views on the uk distribution and i am glad to have been given a platform.

my thoughts are:
1)i don't think a deal had been signed when the announcement was made, and may not have been signed yet
2)i do think they are at a very advanced stage, and there will be little or no delay in uk release
3)it wouldn't surprise me if it's come down to something like the distributor wants to give a specific retailer either steelbook exclusive, or maybe even "total" exclusivity for a certain period, and trublu either don't want that at all, or don't think the price offered warrants the exclusivity, or think other retailers would bypass it by getting it imported and it all end up in a giant cluster"fun" who knows.
4)GAME, Amazon and the supermarkets not having pre-orders or other visibility on their sites (i do not count the "imports" listing on amazon, since it's clearly not from the uk distributor, hence "import") is odd, and likely indicates one of those badboys is the one looking for exclusivity
5)thank god for shop.to and @Dutch and i am looking forward to playing very much, maybe not @79cricket levels of excitemment, but maybe 80% of an @angad.
6)i know @Ross doesn't agree with me, but then he would say that wouldn't he, and as his argument so far consists of "wah wah wah you're @thefonz wah wah wah" i reckon i am righter than @isrararrafi after he cut off his left arm and leg that time for a bet.

i must say also i am a fan of the multi-part question previously espoused by myself, @Biggs and @SnowyCasanova and possibly others, so I think I will direct an x-part question, and after playing a bit of post roulette I am glad to announce the winner is @SpitfiresKent, who edged out @zombieian in a tie break.

so:
1)when you signed up, was there already a KentSpitfires, and if so do you hate him, and if not what's up with that?
2)if you could get the game a day early and use my Jimmy Anderson, or a month late and use the cartoonish error-fest puked up by @kasabian21 that you seem to inexplicably favour, which would you choose?
3)If we held a "planet cricket rap battle", who would win? personally my money would be on @IceAgeComing
4)My favourite book, as I mentioned previously, is The Three Musketeers. What's yours, and in the event of it not being The Three Musketeers, do you understand that you're utterly wrong?
5)@cricket_online recently posted a lot of information about purchasing the game in places like north america that i thought was one of the most helpful things i've ever read on planet cricket. how do you think @barmyarmy should reward him, given he is gluten intolerant and can't eat cake?
6)@Friend863 is currently leading the DBC spot the ball - do you think he is cheating?
7)I reckon i've now got the award for the most @ mentions in a single post, but @User2010 and @funnyadit disagree. what are your thoughts?

Lol....post of the day :yes

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
thanks MENTION]so:
5) @cricket_online recently posted a lot of information about purchasing the game in places like north america that i thought was one of the most helpful things i've ever read on planet cricket. how do you think @barmyarmy should reward him, given he is gluten intolerant and can't eat cake?
6) @Friend863 is currently leading the DBC spot the ball - do you think he is cheating?

1) To my knowledge no I don't think there was, I just decided my username would be 'SpitfiresKent'.

2) I'm quite an impatient person so I think I would just stomach it and use your crappy Anderson.

3) Without a shadow of a doubt it would be that 'C Boomer' bloke who releases a poem or two every so often.

4) Haha yeah...erm I don't read books.

5) How about some vCash? It may be a useful currency sometime in the future...:spy

6) No.

7) My thoughts are why did I get given such rubbish questions :noway

I have one question and one question only (because that's how the game should be played :facepalm), greetings @Lee1981 . For some reason and I think others may agree with me here but you don't strike me as the type of person that logs onto his PC and signs up to a cricket forum. So what brought you here?

Dipak

ICC Board Member

my thoughts are:

so:
Refer to your sig and never make a post like this again :p

Jks. Give this guy a DBC14 for this!

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'll take the safest route to thread revival and ask @Ross for the release date.

If that fails, and I can't see why it would, I'll ask @blockerdave - if we suddenly ran out of tree, what material would you make cricket bats out of?

i'm really upset that for want of setting my notifications correctly, i missed this post. i can't help but feel all "sliding doors" that perhaps there was a better life waiting for me the other side of this post. maybe @Ross still sends me love letters, maybe there's a uk "official" release date... maybe my get rich quick scheme worked...

in an effort to get a piece of that action, i'm gonna answer it anyway and kick off a second chain... that's just how i roll.

@MattW this is an intriguing question. Have we just used up all the trees, or has there been a general plant-blight... in the first instance i'd go all Dennis Lillee and say aluminium, in the second instance i guess we've got bigger problems, because there'll be no grass for a start. even in the first instance, what are gonna do for inside the ball.

my question in this instance would be for @zombieian - imagine there's a planet cricket dbc14 forum beach bbq and party... everyone else is out back hearing the story about @79cricket sister and the rugby team (evidently they were a man short and she proved herself a very capable wing three-quarter) and you find yourself alone on the beach with @Biggs. not wanting to hear him talk about how to cook the sausages "just so"... cooked right through, not burned outside... you go for a swim. suddenly, a freak wave sweeps you out of your depth, and you're in deep doodoo. do you prefer that Biggs rescues you, and you survive, but owe your very existence to Biggs, or for him to say "meh" and have another sandwich, leaving you to sink to your watery depth secure in the knowledge that there really is a clique, and you're not in it?

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
i'm really upset that for want of setting my notifications correctly, i missed this post. i can't help but feel all "sliding doors" that perhaps there was a better life waiting for me the other side of this post. maybe @Ross still sends me love letters, maybe there's a uk "official" release date... maybe my get rich quick scheme worked...

in an effort to get a piece of that action, i'm gonna answer it anyway and kick off a second chain... that's just how i roll.

@MattW this is an intriguing question. Have we just used up all the trees, or has there been a general plant-blight... in the first instance i'd go all Dennis Lillee and say aluminium, in the second instance i guess we've got bigger problems, because there'll be no grass for a start. even in the first instance, what are gonna do for inside the ball.

my question in this instance would be for @zombieian - imagine there's a planet cricket dbc14 forum beach bbq and party... everyone else is out back hearing the story about @79cricket sister and the rugby team (evidently they were a man short and she proved herself a very capable wing three-quarter) and you find yourself alone on the beach with @Biggs. not wanting to hear him talk about how to cook the sausages "just so"... cooked right through, not burned outside... you go for a swim. suddenly, a freak wave sweeps you out of your depth, and you're in deep doodoo. do you prefer that Biggs rescues you, and you survive, but owe your very existence to Biggs, or for him to say "meh" and have another sandwich, leaving you to sink to your watery depth secure in the knowledge that there really is a clique, and you're not in it?

He wouldn't rescue me, so the question is irrelevant.:(

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@zimrahil
Why the F you broken the rule/limit which says 'The maximum size of your custom image (signature) is 300 by 100 pixels or 90.0 KB (whichever is smaller)'? You're admin and don't you think not following rules of your owned site is out of sense?:p

Actually the reason is that HB Studios felt so bad about releasing crappy cricket games to the world on a regular basis, in recompense they agreed to pay PC $100 a month for this blatant form of advertising of their newest crappy amazing Golf game

p.s. of course goes without saying if you break the sig limit you will be banned with no form of appeal

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
We had two chains. Two chains! And neither of them could stay afloat...

Lee1981

International Coach
1)
I have one question and one question only (because that's how the game should be played :facepalm), greetings @Lee1981 . For some reason and I think others may agree with me here but you don't strike me as the type of person that logs onto his PC and signs up to a cricket forum. So what brought you here?

Good question.

And honestly I don't really know why, it's like nearly 5 years now also.

From what I can remember it was when AC09 was released and I think someone on the codemasters forum suggested pc to discuss the game, and in the end I had no choice as I was banned within a few weeks for some racial abuse crap..:spy

And I've been here ever since, this place ain't what it used to be mind, but I still like to have a mooch around every now and then.

I'm much more into footy than cricket but this forum is without doubt the best one I've ever signed up to.

(Will edit this post in a bit to continue the chain),.

Ok moving on, now @MasterBlaster

1: if you could choose anyone except Sir Alex to take over at Utd right now who would you pick?

2: if you woke up with a jonny hanging out your @rse would you tell anyone?

3: If you was part of the human centipede, where bouts would you be if you could choose, at the start, middle or at the end?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread