6,000 Don Bradman 14 Copies Shipped to India

fanzty

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Minus 13% tax, 29% import duties, ~600 Rs. in platform holder fees (conversion of a rough estimate of vague info about those costs), and a cut to the retailer, distributor and publisher.

As such based on my possibly wrong math, Big Ant would at most be making about 1500 Rs. per copy sold, probably less than that. So ?90k or less.

Still good though considering how tough the market is.

As far as I know, this is the CIF price and therefore does not include the import duty, which is around 26 percent.

Last edited:

Chief

Panel of Selectors
From what I know they are just making a couple of bucks profit on every copy sold in India.

And it's not just 6000 copies. It's confirmed that between 10000 to 15000 copies were brought in (not grey imports) by the distributor in the first shipment and all of them have been sold out at the distributor's end.

It's 6000 PS3 copies that are listed. Presumably 360 were in another shipment (and likely around a similar number I would have thought, although last time I looked (at what little info there was available!) the PS3 was quite a long way ahead of the 360 in India). So that would bring it up to 10k.
Also this is just day one: I'd expect more to be following if those have all sold!

It's a very good number for over there: I'd be very happy with that.

maverick132in

School Cricketer
I got my copy with steelcase

I got my Don Bradman Cricket 14 steelbook case and my CD with a poster. :) . thought I should write this review before starting to play..

Thanks a ton to Flipkart.. attached a pic of it :)

Attachments

• IMG-20140404-01381.jpg
    IMG-20140404-01381.jpg
    967.9 KB · Views: 32

Chief

Panel of Selectors
im sure you are happy with AC09 sales too;) cant believe its still selling in that nos here despite the low price.

To be fair, we have no way of knowing that those are *selling*. People could be using it for any number of reasons. :-)

I'm loving this website. There is traditionally very little info on what is going on in India at retail, and this reveals some very interesting stuff. FIFA is up to 20k on PS3 according to this site, but only 600 XB copies: there were also 4500 bundled with hardware though: this is consistent with a 4/1 PS3 lead which matches what I had heard...

SWITCHHIT

Club Cricketer
The estimated population of india is 1,241,491,960(source:world bank).If only 1% of the indians buy a valid copy of this game then it will be a good number but i dont think it is possible....(might be nothing can be said)

Chief

Panel of Selectors
The estimated population of india is 1,241,491,960(source:world bank).If only 1% of the indians buy a valid copy of this game then it will be a good number but i dont think it is possible....(might be nothing can be said)

From what we know, one of the best selling games in the world did just 0.02%.

1% would be AMAZING!

maxwasim

Club Cricketer
I got my Don Bradman Cricket 14 steelbook case and my CD with a poster. :) . thought I should write this review before starting to play..

Thanks a ton to Flipkart.. attached a pic of it :)

hope everyone is getting that poster atleast.... by everyone i mean poor xbox people like me

SWITCHHIT

Club Cricketer
even 0.02% is equal to 250000(almost) which is also good

----------

I have played every fifa title but liked fifa 05 the most

Users who are viewing this thread