6,000 Don Bradman 14 Copies Shipped to India

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
even 0.02% is equal to 250000(almost) which is also good

----------

I have played every fifa title but liked fifa 05 the most

My maths was off there. 0.2% is 24000, not 0.02%.

ANYWAY. I've had more fun snooping on that website.

I've assumed that (by some distance) the best selling game on PS3/360 consoles worldwide was also the top seller in India as well: GTA 5.

From what I can see, PS3 copies were 47k "launch" (first month) and 4.5k "residual" (everything after that) making 51.5k in total. 10% residual is pretty normal now (it used to be about 30%, but now we see the "launch" copies recycled through stores instead so no further orders.)
360 fared less well, only managing 12k. Again, that kinda proves out what I thought about PS3/XB ratio - Between 4x and 5x more sales for PS3.
So 63k in total.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@Chief - so from what you're saying it'd be odd to send similar number of copies of xbox as ps3, yet we assume there must be at least 4k+1 xbox copies going to beat the 10k fifa number mentioned before (think it was 10k)?

but i guess cricket is different in india, so they would expect *most* people with an xbox to buy DBC?

Chief

Panel of Selectors
@Chief - so from what you're saying it'd be odd to send similar number of copies of xbox as ps3, yet we assume there must be at least 4k+1 xbox copies going to beat the 10k fifa number mentioned before (think it was 10k)?

but i guess cricket is different in india, so they would expect *most* people with an xbox to buy DBC?

According to these numbers the initial PS3 run on FIFA 14 was 15k and almost *nothing* on 360.
From what I can see FIFA 13 had a big 360 order initially, but few residuals, suggesting that maybe they over-estimated last year and cut back this.

So yeah, looking at these numbers it would suggest PS3 is *streets* ahead of 360.

I've put together an estimate from a few sources, cross referencing that with Indian Chart information, and here's what I reckon are the sales for the top 5 games (not including PC) last year in India:

GTA: 51k PS3, 12k 360 = 63k
Fifa: 20k PS3, 5k 360 = 25k
The Last of Us: 20k (PS3 only)
WWE: 16k PS3, 4k 360 = 20k
Max Payne 12k PS3, 2.5k 360 = 14.5k

PC is still a big playa - GTA 4 on PC was the second highest selling game of the year, so somewhere between 25k and 63k, and Counter Strike was 3rd...

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One of the reasons for less sales on Xbox is that it is more easily and widely modifiable (read: pirate'able) and hence the number of legal buyers go down quite drastically.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
One of the reasons for less sales on Xbox is that it is more easily and widely modifiable (read: pirate'able) and hence the number of legal buyers go down quite drastically.

I believe that, although a PAL territory, NTSC X360s are very prevalent because they are cheaper to import.
Therefore the games in the shops are the wrong region, so games need to be imported too... These are "legal", but not "official".

So yeah, these numbers are not counting those legitimate sales elsewhere.

Last edited:

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

There are to half a million console owners (Xbox360 + PS3) in India according to some estimate done back in 2010. However, the possible sales might suffer owing to the newer generation in India being football/F1 buffs. I don`t have any numbers to support this but can surely say from observation that the console gaming generation in India leans towards FPS games and possibly towards FIFA. Many of the new generation are`nt huge cricket fans either. This is possibly one of the reasons why despite of a healthy console ownership, cricket games may not be in every gamers DVD tray.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
There are to half a million console owners (Xbox360 + PS3) in India according to some estimate done back in 2010. .

Sony India announced that the PS3 install base was up to 225k last year. Microsoft have never announced how many 360s, but if the sales of games are reflective then its probably around 50k. So 275k in total.

Not sure where you got the 500k: maybe that includes unofficial imports?

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Sony India announced that the PS3 install base was up to 225k last year. Microsoft have never announced how many 360s, but if the sales of games are reflective then its probably around 50k. So 275k in total.

Not sure where you got the 500k: maybe that includes unofficial imports?

Chief, I for one surely know that the Xbox 360 had close to 100k pre-bookings in 2006. I remember having read about this when it was launched. Surely, the number including all the imports is close to 200k. The overall console numbers in India would be around 400-500k units.

Listening to one of Sony India chief`s interviews, apparently some of the stores in Mumbai sold out a month`s worth PS4 stock in a single day. Surely seems like gaming is on the rise here. That can only be good news for the cricket gaming industry.

On another note @BigAntStudios, how many units sold would make you reasonably relieved? 100k? How many units did Ashes 09 or IC10 sell?

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
Many of the new generation are`nt huge cricket fans either.
:lol there were just not good cricket games on the market then, hence Fifa was getting some attention.they may be footy fans but cricket is something more.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I wouldn't be surprised if there were more 360s than PS3s, for the same reason there would be fewer games sold.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Chief, I for one surely know that the Xbox 360 had close to 100k pre-bookings in 2006. I remember having read about this when it was launched. Surely, the number including all the imports is close to 200k. The overall console numbers in India would be around 400-500k units.

Listening to one of Sony India chief`s interviews, apparently some of the stores in Mumbai sold out a month`s worth PS4 stock in a single day. Surely seems like gaming is on the rise here. That can only be good news for the cricket gaming industry.

Considering almost all the games I can find sales numbers for seem to sell 20% of a PS3 game there, I think it's fair to assume that 360 hardware is also 20% of PS3. With no official announcements to the contrary that I can find, that's what I'm going to continue to go on.

No question that gaming is on the rise there, but it is starting so very far behind: as an example it remains the case that, on quoted figures, India is 20x times bigger than the UK in terms of people, but sells 60x fewer games at the sort of price required. So it's still a massive, massive difference.

riseupsj

Club Cricketer
I don't speculate a 20% Sale at this Price point

Its really hard to push DBC at the price range in india.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Its really hard to push DBC at the price range in india.

We should stop complaining about the price! The government of India has placed a huge tax on games from outside, even though there's no local industry to protect. It's sad. Retailers are anyways under pressure to keep the price low due to a week rupee, and further they have to pay huge taxes. The tax and other duties is almost a whopping 30% or maybe more!

Users who are viewing this thread