Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Online Cricket Games Owned
That still doesnt give you all the stats. It just gives you the one strongest area for the batsman (I think...please correct me if Im wrong)!

Yeah, shows their strongest and weakest skill.

NICK_GIFF

Club Captain
Not a first impression as I've had the game about 10 days now but I just played my first 'sparkling' cover drive (which extra cover made a valiant attempt to stop by diving but it was well past him by the time he was at full stretch) for four. It felt so good that I've been watching it from various angles on the interactive replay for the past 15 mins. :D

Loving this game. :thumbs

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I played the CA nets beta to death on the PC and enjoyed battling against spin, seam, swing and drift.
As an experiment, I have just had a session on the xbox version of the nets and it is a very different, and less enjoyable experience, because there is very little movement of the ball in all departments.
I feel that if we had the amount of movement of the ball in the game, that we did in the nets beta, it would be a far better and more enjoyable game.

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After one of the net beta update users reported less edges after which it was tweaked in next update and now we have the current best nets beta on pc.

Jadel

Club Captain
I played the CA nets beta to death on the PC and enjoyed battling against spin, seam, swing and drift.
As an experiment, I have just had a session on the xbox version of the nets and it is a very different, and less enjoyable experience, because there is very little movement of the ball in all departments.
I feel that if we had the amount of movement of the ball in the game, that we did in the nets beta, it would be a far better and more enjoyable game.

Yep... We've got it mate. You think the nets and practice match is better.

You can probably give it a rest now, particularly as Ross already responded to you.

zombieian

International Coach
Yep... We've got it mate. You think the nets and practice match is better.

You can probably give it a rest now, particularly as Ross already responded to you.

Oh, you're the new forum policeman are you? What's it got to do with you?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Whilst this in theory would be great I fear a lot of work on batting AI would be needed considering its a bit hit and miss at present

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
This is the first game I will say that actually disappoints me when I lose a wicket. Having built foundations the fact I throw it away really does annoy me. gg BigAnt

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Today played T10 in veteran level and found batting really easier than Pro...Scored 70 all out in Pro and 98 in Veteran...Was able to play grounded shots very well...Placing the ball to the area I wanted was very easily doable in veteran than pro...I think there is some sort of batting assist in Pro as the batsman doesn't play in the area where I place the ball most of the times [for me]..Played a shot towards square leg but the batsman played straight drive...

Loved batting on veteran level ..Felt very real other than a few superman catches...:)

saulman55

School Cricketer
From a gamers perspective and not a cricket fans this game is well below par buggy to the extent that some cricketing rules cant be implemented. With erratic ai and an imbalance between batting and bowling. Not to mention superman fielders and some gameplay nuances that go against the norm in cricket (dismissal types) i think ill wait for a patch or two before picking this up again

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
You sure you have the patch mate, I found the fielding to be much better (apart from some dodgy animations) once I had it.

saulman55

School Cricketer
Yeah got the patch still get fielders taking catches that would ne physically impossible in real life

Deepushah

School Cricketer
Does anyone else think the size of the wicket keepers gloves is way to small and more like normal gloves?
Also Ross would it be possible to have diff ground sizes for diff stadiums like IC10?
I kind of liked that feature where could enjoy hitting in the air on smaller grounds like harare

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Does anyone else think the size of the wicket keepers gloves is way to small and more like normal gloves?
Also Ross would it be possible to have diff ground sizes for diff stadiums like IC10?
I kind of liked that feature where could enjoy hitting in the air on smaller grounds like harare

You can change the boundary line distance,if that's what you want...

Users who are viewing this thread