Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

AniketMehta

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just a quick note, with alienware you generally pay at least 2x as much as any other laptop just for the flashy lights as an extra but that's completely up to you :D.

Plzz suggest some other laptops too.
If they have same features/specs then I would buy that.

----------

Has anyone tried Cricket Academy on Windows 8 Tablets??
:)

The_Pharoah

International Coach
hi guys

is there a way to change your team mates in career mode? ie. i've downloaded the 'get best' however the team never seems to change over the season - can this happen?

Last edited:

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It takes it from the point at which you started the career mode: so if you get best or update teams after you start: then nothing will change.

If you're asking whether the teams change at all: then sadly no, it seems to use the same 11 all the time which is a shame...

Guybrush Threep

Club Captain
I'm listening to this now. Could you expand on:

"The way we play in QA and at the office is totally different to the way it's been played out in the field."?

Edit: Like next CA version is mod friendly... :)

WTF was the interviewer thinking!? Playing a game while trying to interview someone and not preparing to have any questions before hand... I got to the "ahhhh... I had a list of questions but can't find them" part which was after about the second question and I just had to switch off. I couldn't bare to watch the rest.

----------

Argh! Looks like I wont be playing DBC again until the PC version is released. Just got the 3ROD on the 360. It's started up again but I know from experience this is the beginning of the end....

Another reason why I will never buy a Microsoft console again.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
It takes it from the point at which you started the career mode: so if you get best or update teams after you start: then nothing will change.

If you're asking whether the teams change at all: then sadly no, it seems to use the same 11 all the time which is a shame...

ah ok yes from career point of view - I'm always seeing the same 11 no matter what. Is there a way that I can manually change the team during the season?

suryasap

School Cricketer
Ross..could you pls answer....Is the game released in Hong Kong...i went to few stores but cant find it... Thank you.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ross..could you pls answer....Is the game released in Hong Kong...i went to few stores but cant find it... Thank you.

It won't be in retail in Hong Kong, you'll need to order it online or wait for the digital versions from PSN/Xbox Live/Steam.

----------

WTF was the interviewer thinking!? Playing a game while trying to interview someone and not preparing to have any questions before hand... I got to the "ahhhh... I had a list of questions but can't find them" part which was after about the second question and I just had to switch off. I couldn't bare to watch the rest.

----------

Argh! Looks like I wont be playing DBC again until the PC version is released. Just got the 3ROD on the 360. It's started up again but I know from experience this is the beginning of the end....

Another reason why I will never buy a Microsoft console again.

That's what he does, plays games every week with live streaming, I was invited drop in for a chat, nothing really formal.

baburao1

School Cricketer
Can we play multiplayer in DBC 14 in same team ?
If yes then how ?
Thanks in advance .

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Twistie prefers digital download coz he doesn't want to walk in store, typical geek!

raydeal316

School Cricketer
Hi , Good afternoon guys. Its my first time posting something in a discussion forum. I would like to share some of the points I feel could make the game even better.
Cricket is often considered a game between bat and ball. But we often miss the role of the fielding captain. This is how in my opinion it should be. The captain sets the field and asks the bowler to bowl according to the field. If the game could capture that we wont have unrealistic fields. Players should be given the option of choosing between 10 to 20 realistic fields(game plans) , and when they choose each field ,players should be provided hints on where (line and length... around/over) should they bowl and the surprise deliveries they can try for variation for that particular field. Fields ranging from very attacking to very defensive. when you set an attacking field you don't want the batsmen to hit it there. Like for instance in a test match you have attacking fields with lots of slips, you normally leave the front side of the wicket open so that you tempt the batsman to drive through the gap and edge it to slip. Off spinner over the wicket to right handed batsman with mid off up and long off. You want the batsman to take a chance and hit it over mid on with the spin off the bowl taking it to long off (that's when he doesn't reach the pitch of the ball). In contrast to that when defending you want the batsman to find the fielders all the time. You put best your fielders on the boundary and expect the batsman to find them all the time.
Now as in cricket choosing a plan should be the easiest thing to do,making the bowler execute the plan should be tough. The game should capture that important aspect . Like for instance asking a bowler like Sunil Narine to stick to a plan should be easy than asking a bowler like Ishant Sharma. And the concept of bad and good balls and four different lengths should be implemented (yorker length, full, length, short). With Max swing and spin when full and Maximum seam when bowled at length. Bad ball should be a ball where you miss the length. When you miss a yorker it becomes a full toss. When you miss full length it becomes over pitched, when you miss length it becomes short. When you miss the shot ball it goes over the keeper for four byes. And bad balls should be indicated by a different colour( apart from yellow green and red) giving the batsman the time to hit it. The frequency of bad balls should be higher for an average player( once in an over) and very less for a skilled player( once in three overs).Good balls are the ones which stick to the plan.Good balls doesn't need require a colour as it is meant to out smart the batsman. Hence should be tough even for good batsman.
And batting should have an option of slog shot. It should easiest shot to execute as even tail enders find it easy slogging. When you slog you don't think about foot placement. Every shot should be animated where you see the batsman moving the front foot away from the ball rather than towards the ball. It should be easy to execute in the joystick with just the analogue movement doing it for the player.Other shots requires more input combination of analogue and triggers buttons.(defensive ,text book , unorthodox shots requires more skills hence more inputs) A player who uses just the slog shot shouldn't survive more than 10 balls. It s not necessary that the player should get elevation all the time.Slog shots can also be ground shots. The intention is to hit it with power, elevation being variable according to the input. Defensive/deflected shots should be there where you can pick singles , twos and evens fours either side behind the wicket.
Player styles where different players have different abilities. Batting should be combination of defensive/deflected shots, text book shots(lofted/ground), slog shots and unorthodox shots, with the slog shots having the easiest input(just the analogue). Players like Dhoni should be good at deflected shots and slog . A player like Micheal Clarke should good at defensive and text book shots. Devillers good at unorthodox and slog. Running when batting should be a skill.
When it comes to bowling some bowlers good at following attack game plan(getting wickets, breaking partnerships) , some good at defensive game plan( bowling death overs) and some good at both.

Thanks and Regards,
Raymond.

Users who are viewing this thread