Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
2:- Sidespin from the actual shot played - Its hopefully as you said simply a design decision to not have side-spin affecting the flight of the ball.

Hopefully? What are the other options?

Could it be more nefarious work from the ECB Chairman?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1. Wind does effect the ball. The length of the trajectory is the major effect.
2. Sidespin is everywhere except in the flight off the bat as when we had that in the game for internal testing it made the game unplayable. We turned it off.

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I actually think the kit editing options are epic. My issue is fact that we need more stadiums in this thing, each test nation needs to have two in my view, only Australia and England have, they have 3 each which is good number of them due the Ashes and all but India, South Africa, Pakistan should have 2 stadiums each too. Is that possible for patch 3 of DBC 14 or maybe not?

Only other small niggle I have is maybe a few more emblem logos, like eg, USA flag emblem for the US Cricket team, Spain one, Germany one, maybe more to avoid duplications, maybe 50 more would do, the selection is decent currently tho its small niggle.

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
1. Wind does effect the ball. The length of the trajectory is the major effect.
2. Sidespin is everywhere except in the flight off the bat as when we had that in the game for internal testing it made the game unplayable. We turned it off.

Fair enough re: 2: Sidespin, understandable if internal testing made it deemed not worth leaving it in the game. MLB 14 The Show has it in, so hopefully in future it can be possible, its all down to AI fielders being timed or directed to read that ball direction I guess.

As for 1: Wind, I would believe this if the game actually indicated the wind speed, direction etc somewhere, but nope. And again, the ball would move in flight due to the wind if so, and again, no sign of that.

That's me for now on this subject anyway, I'm only trying to point this game towards ball physics perfection!! And that can only be witnessed if the ball is seen to behave as it would in real life. Fingers crossed for the next iteration of Don Bradman anyway.

Last edited:

SetonHallPirate

Not that kind of Pirate
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
At some point, I'd like to see it put in to make saving, exiting, and resuming a game in spectator mode possible! Thanks!

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
As for 1: Wind, I would believe this if the game actually indicated the wind speed, direction etc somewhere, but nope. And again, the ball would move in flight due to the wind if so, and again, no sign of that.

I have wondered this too, why is there no wind indicator? An option to check conditions either within gameplay or pause menu is a surprising oversight almost as bad as the change bowler menu ( lack of bowling figures, condition and confidence info). Also maidens not included in bowling figures on the scorecard)

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
I have wondered this too, why is there no wind indicator? An option to check conditions either within gameplay or pause menu is a surprising oversight almost as bad as the change bowler menu ( lack of bowling figures, condition and confidence info). Also maidens not included in bowling figures on the scorecard)

Its not in the game thats why Cooks. I know its not the most important thing for a lot of people (similar with sidespin on shots.......but imagine the outcry if spin bowling didnt show the ball spinning with sidespin!!).

Its good that we all look for different things in a game though, and this first attempt has everything for me except the obvious licensing which we can overcome with graphical patches, and my aforementioned sidespin bugbears!!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's me for now on this subject anyway

Lol - I thought you'd said you'd finished on the topic. Lasted 2 posts.

Wind is in the game and it effects the flight of the ball. I've seen the code, it's there, it effects the destination of the shot and flight path in two axis.

Despite saying you'd finished posting on it, I expect you'll post again, you could at least prove me wrong on that point?

Last edited:

Oregonian

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
It will be a brilliant addition to create and add 10 stadiums maximum per team and minimum 1 stadium, for example: if 8 stadiums are created for Australia now we can select them for a series or tournament etc. In addition there needs to be an option where you can add other teams stadiums to your team too so if you create stadiums for county or any other domestic team you can add these stadiums to the international team.
It will be very realistic with wide range of stadiums to play on tour, domestic, tournaments etc.

Last edited:

ash++

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1. Editable fixtures : can select stadiums and teams accordingly
2.new formats of tournament : like ipl can have eliminator ,qualifier 1 and qualifier 2 before final
3.Major t20 competions : ipl , bigbash ,champions leauge
4.More stadiums

these fitures i want to see in next iteration

Juggernaut

School Cricketer
Some extra eye candy would be nice, but I was already surprised by how good the game looks on the highest settings.

The only real complaint I have is that there's only FXAA antialiasing in the game and although I've tried applying 32x CSAA through the Nvidia Control Panel there is still quite noticeable aliasing on some edges, most noticeable on the grill of the batsman's helmet so I'm not sure that it's working this way. Might try using downsampling to improve it but having MSAA available in the graphics options would be nice.

Edit - I've turned off all of the antialiasing options and now I'm downsampling the game from 2880x1620 to 1920x1080 (1080p) and it looks much better in terms of the aliasing, still getting a solid 60fps too.

Yeah! It's also impressive how they have optimized the game... I have a crappy laptop, with 4GB RAM, a 2.6ghz processor, a 1 GB Nvidia GT630m and it still runs at 40-50 fps in ultra. Looks magnificent! :D

Users who are viewing this thread