Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I remember a few years back when Codemasters added the Flashback/rewind feature to the Grid Racing game and it was the most loved feature from user reviews (it become a staple in all their racing games). .

... and indeed MOST people's racing games.

I think so long as it showed up as a cheat (in the same way that runs/jumps can be "wind assisted" and still be records) then it would be fine. But without some punishment (or at the very least acknowledgement) it would be a touch unfair, especially if counting towards leaderboard stats.

adikal

Club Captain

I think so long as it showed up as a cheat (in the same way that runs/jumps can be "wind assisted" and still be records) then it would be fine. But without some punishment (or at the very least acknowledgement) it would be a touch unfair, especially if counting towards leaderboard stats.

Agreed

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I'd personally support a quick/autosave just for the ease when it comes to saving. Most games have checkpoints and this would be so much easier for most users. if people want to cheat, let them. I'd quite happily allow that for the convenience of saving

fanirama

Club Captain
Might be repeats but for my own record, adding everything I'd like to see here -

- ability to call a toss
- camera that is free form instead of tied to players or ball
- wicket keeper that can be positioned manually
- free form fielding rather than presets
- ability to choose ball color in all games - make it orange as well or other selectable colors and materials like rubber ball, tennis ball, beach ball etc. :)
- home run derby type games where the object is to hit sixes or fours to stay in or against preset # of deliveries
- party mode games like hit the target etc.
- man of the match and series presentations
- commentary mod so I can insert my own comments :)
- ability to record video and directly upload to youtube
- "mission" mode - relive some past situations or hypothetical ones
- save a game without needing to quit it fully
- show full scorecard like on TV. Including maidens a bowler has bowled
- worm graphs and manhattan and all those stats. BARS is great but it should save data for saved games so you can go back in history when you resume

I'll add here if more pop into my head

mattcarswell8

School Cricketer
As for 1: Wind, I would believe this if the game actually indicated the wind speed, direction etc somewhere, but nope. And again, the ball would move in flight due to the wind if so, and again, no sign of that.

What game are we talking about here ....... Golf.... Wind Speed and Direction???

wildclaws

School Cricketer
- commentary mod so I can insert my own comments :)
Yes! This is a crazy dream, but wouldn't it be awesome if games came with an API that you could hook on to get game events and create your own commentary engine. Audition voice talent via Youtube, you could choose a 'local' colour commentator the way TMS on the BBC does, etc, etc. There's so much cool stuff that could be done. You could post significant events to a server somewhere, in order to get notifications on friends results ('...and in the Test match, Tendulkar has just reached his 100 off 86 balls'...)

(I know, I'm getting carried away here, and I have some idea of how much work this is...)

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
If this is the case would it be possible to add an indicator into the next patch as well as maidens being added to bowling figures??

no chance Cooks, cos it aint in the game.. TJ Hooky and his crew seem happy with straight line physics, good on em I say!!

----------

What game are we talking about here ....... Golf.... Wind Speed and Direction???

all 'ball' sports games in real life (those that are outdoors anyway!) would have the ball changing direction in flight..........if you look through forums for FIFA/PES etc then a lot of people mention 'not enough curve on shots', or 'too much curve on shots', so yes, people will want to see the ball moving realistically.

As BigAnt has stated sidespin has been taken out of shots, its only in the game for the bowling ball physics, which is fair enough as its harder to code the shots to curve slightly in flight as it affects fielding judgement for AI fielders.

I wont mention the imaginary Wind in the game though.........ooops, there, I did it again! (x Britney x)

(just to add btw most Tennis games dont depict sidespin on shots either, and anyone who witnessed yesterdays Wimbledon final would attest to the fact that the ball curved sideways on most shots Federer played..........so its not just this game that has my bugbear on this, poor old me eh!)

I'm off to hit more shots in a straight line in a sports game developed in 2014...........

----------

oi, stop taking the Wind from my sails you!

;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9102

(just to add btw most Tennis games dont depict sidespin on shots either, and anyone who witnessed yesterdays Wimbledon final would attest to the fact that the ball curved sideways on most shots Federer played..........so its not just this game that has my bugbear on this, poor old me eh!)
You should try Tennis Elbow 2013 - slice shots curve in the air and spin off the court and there's a button combination for topspin shots with sidespin that curve and the physics/gameplay are by far the best in any tennis game with the types of surface dramatically affecting the matches.

The developer is also great and is active on the forums to answer any queries, and the modding community has really got stuck into it so you can get loads of real life players (with accurate animations) and courts/tournaments as well as really good sound effects. I mostly play it online but it has an excellent career mode too.

Sorry for the off-topic, but I like to spread the word on this great little game whenever I think someone may be interested, as I would elsewhere with DBC :).

Last edited by a moderator:

ellgieff

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Penalties for excessive appealing!

This is reported to be in the game - at least, if you appeal excessively it's supposed to make the umpire more likely to turn down your appeals.

D

Deleted member 9102

Something I'd like to see in the future is more realistic stumps/bails physics - I want to see stuff like the stumps being uprooted and cartwheeling occasionally when struck at pace. It's not a top priority or anything but there's just something satisfying about seeing the stumps being violently removed :D.

It's kinda like the net physics in a football game, it just feels nicer when the ball nestles in it realistically than if it bounced out like it hit a steel cage or sticks to it like glue.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I prefer being told that the opener will be facing the first ball. That kind of insight you can't get anywhere else.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I prefer being told that the opener will be facing the first ball. That kind of insight you can't get anywhere else.

Sometimes you have to stress on the opener part when Cook strides in to the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread