PC Version Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

Windows 8 pains

Strange thing I've found while playing the game on my Windows 8 laptop (while I wait for my replacement PSU) is that a couple minutes into playing the game starts hitching and twitching. The laptop seems to think the OS is in idle (as I'm using a controller) and the system processes go NUTS, pushing CPU usage to 100% and hard drive usage to 80-100%.

Anyone had this or found a way to get this to stop?

Side note: It's not only in DBC14, but any game I use a controller in, just thought I'd ask here in case anyone knew how to fix this.

Managed to produce the "out, given and on replay clearly out, but decided to stick around" bug again. Same kind of situation as before.

To play online should we have friends in steam or can we play just like that?

Both. But having a friend would mean you could have insta-starts and no waiting time.

had the issue again i changed match settings in academy then i went back to main menu and selected casual and the system power off :(

You should go to your local computer store and find some thermal paste like Artic Silver 5. Open your laptop and find the heat sink which should go over your CPU and GPU, clean the old thermal paste with alcohol / nail polish remover or as I like to use, Vodka. Re-apply the thermal paste: How to Apply Thermal Compound (Arctic Silver 5) to A CPU and A GPU - Laptop (Dell Inspiron 1545) - YouTube.

Your system should run like new again in terms of heat output. If you brick your system I did not post this, nor did you read it.

thinking of buying an new laptop in few months and i will try to buy some fan in mean time ;)

"the revolt team has declared they will no longer support DBC14. no more updates. no fix for rain bug, controller bug and inaccessible online community bug. "

- buy the game because I have more in store.... :yes

I've just turned the auto-link on. Just start your cracked version of DBC14 and it will take you to the DBC14 Steam store page, enjoy :)

"the revolt team has declared they will no longer support DBC14. no more updates. no fix for rain bug, controller bug and inaccessible online community bug. "

- buy the game because I have more in store.... :yes

Haha. You ignited my curiosity and I read some nice comments about you. Like this, for example:

Yup they have removed the download page for DBC 14 seems that Ross the Aussie bastard paid them a hefty amount for doing so

:D

Haha. You ignited my curiosity and I read some nice comments about you. Like this, for example:

Maybe I'm a bit naive on that side of things, but what exactly is "the revolt team"?

I don't know if I should be saying this, delete the comment if inappropriate. From Ross' comment I think revolt team is a group of hackers/crackers that actually crack games and release it on the internet.

I don't know if I should be saying this, delete the comment if inappropriate. [snip]

So they mightn't be cracking the game now then? Very interesting. I wonder if there's been a spike in sales in India in the past week or so?

Yea, I believe Ross has a great strategy of having multiple updates to the game post-release, which means that they have to crack each update and also with the amount of bugs in the cracked version, I think they got fed up of supporting the game. That or Ross actually paid them :p

Regarding spike of sales, I am not sure but there are a few people on this forum itself who confessed to have bought the game after trying the pirated (buggy) version, so I guess it must be working out well.

Quote:
Yup they have removed the download page for DBC 14 seems that Ross the Aussie bastard paid them a hefty amount for doing so

Pfftt.... sissy "underground" peeps are soft - I've been called way worse on here today for having the audacity to actually try and fix peoples issues.

I wear the torrent comments like a badge - I love it! :wave

If you've got too much time on your hands there are some funny comments on there about my race, origin, my parents, makes me laugh every time, comedy gold :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread