PS4/Xbox One Versions Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
If there is a snick before hitting you plumb in front , I have had the priviledge of overturning the Umpires decisions . But yeah , on a caught behind not given , dont waste a review on that one , wont give it.

AC2121

School Cricketer
Platform: PS4
Mode: Career
Match Type: County Championship (4 Day)
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): Issue occurred in 3rd Innings, approx 30 overs
Ground: Lancashire Stadium
Teams: Hampshire vs Glamorgan
Get Best: Yes initially, then downloaded additional custom teams.
Description of Issue: Initiated bowling run-up. After about 2 steps, screen goes black. Crowd noise continues (see video below) and I'm able to go back to the ps4 home screen, suspend and resume the application but the screen remains blank. I try to save using the fact I know the layout of the pause menu, but nothing happens. Despite the crown noise continuing, no control input seems to be accepted. This has now happened to me 3 times within the first 10 First Class matches in career and seems to delight in happening when I've just finished a particularly good batting innings that I've not saved, in this case, my 2nd Career century, progress now lost.

Please fix this as it's incredibly annoying to lose this progress. I know I should save every few overs except you then loose the BARS data for your innings and It's great to be able to see your wagon wheel for a long innings. I was hoping the new Suspend application through rest mode feature on PS4 would mean I'd never have to Save and Exit mid-match again but while this issue exists it looks like I'll have to keep doing that. I lost well over an hour's gameplay which is really significant for someone who only has the opportunity for 3-4 hours play per week.

EDIT: I left the screen up this time in the vain hope it might recover and after about 15 minutes the PS4 closed the application and displayed the following error code:
https://db.tt/sbnkw9lG
sbnkw9lG

@fiction hopefully this will assist you in identifying and resolving this issue.

I have just started to incur this problem as i am now captain in my career mode and like to bowl some spin occasionally. Have you had any update on how to fix this. Has happened to me twice recently :(

Jesse Pinkman

School Cricketer
Platform: PlayStation 4
Match Type: AUS 50 Over
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): 2nd Innings, ~40 Overs
Ground: Adelaide Oval
Teams: NSW Blues vs SA Redbacks
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: During a career mode match, and after having batted the first innings, I selected Simulate to Career Player and watch the other team's score tally up. I allow about 40 overs to pass before stopping the simulation, and selecting my career player as the next bowler (being the captain, of course). My player gets ready to bowl, and runs in, but as soon as the ball is released (when i push upward on the right analog stick) the screen goes completely black. There is no sound, and the game cannot be interacted with in any way. Pressing the PlayStation button does bring up the PlayStation Home Screen, which functions normally. Selecting Don Bradman Cricket just returns the black screen. This error has occurred under these exact circumstances (bat first, simulate, stop simulation, bowl a delivery with career player) at least 2 times, possibly a third time although I'm not sure if the conditions were exactly the same. I tried but failed to recreate the bug.

Edit: I forgot to mention that pressing the Share button to upload a video clip of the bug gave an error message that said something like "This menu is not available." After about 15 minutes, the PlayStation came up with the following message:
An error has occurred in the following application:
(CE-34878-0)
Don Bradman Cricket

Regards,
Jesse Pinkman

Last edited:

Cicjose

School Cricketer
Platform: XBOX ONE
Mode: CAREER
Match Type: ALL
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): over 1 on all 3 of my career modes
Ground: Any
Teams: WA v QLD
Get Best: YES
Description of Issue: regardless of batting or bowling first i'm getting an issue after the first ball of the game
where the batting player models start moving back and forth across the crease then the game's sound begins looping freezing the game,
before i can use the simulation to my player making the game impossible to play

ive tried reinstalling the game and that hasnt worked, all other game modes work just not career mode

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
As I asked in the other thread, do careers work if you sign in to a different profile?

Cicjose

School Cricketer
no ofc not

the whole point of the profile is to save your data to THAT profile

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
no ofc not

the whole point of the profile is to save your data to THAT profile
As you said,
if i start a new career on my profile this issue still occurs

I would like to know if starting a new career on a different profile works or not. That will narrow down the issue.

bmac1992

School Cricketer
ISSUE

Platform: Xbox One
Match Type: First Class (Auz League)

Loaded up save as normal, one ball was bowled, then the game freezes on the bowler marching back to his mark or batsman waiting at his crease. Occaasionally this then goes to a blank screen. If i load this file again and try quit the match or skip the same issue occurs and the sound dissapears. I have played career for awhile now comfortably without any issues but all of a sudden this problem has occurred. Hard reset doesn't fix the issue.

Anyone have any advice? Anyone had the same issue??

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
no it does not
Really can't think of anything to suggest at this point. I've tried it on a number of systems and career is working fine on all of them - so there's nothing to go off on trying to determine the problem you're getting. I realise that's not a particularly helpful answer - but there's additionally not much to go on for troubleshooting these things.

Is there a way you could try the game on a different Xbox One? Install the game then log in with your profile and see if things work there? If that does work, then you've got a good case to contact Microsoft and ask for them to replace your console.

Marty363

School Cricketer
Really can't think of anything to suggest at this point. I've tried it on a number of systems and career is working fine on all of them - so there's nothing to go off on trying to determine the problem you're getting. I realise that's not a particularly helpful answer - but there's additionally not much to go on for troubleshooting these things.

Is there a way you could try the game on a different Xbox One? Install the game then log in with your profile and see if things work there? If that does work, then you've got a good case to contact Microsoft and ask for them to replace your console.

Matt, I've had this issue occur several times now, whenever I just quit the game, ie need to go somewhere and just turn Xbox off through the controller, but whenever I do the hard reset it becomes fine. This is also the case for other games, that is, when I quit other games or sign out then turn Xbox back on a day later and put it Bradman, one over in it freezes, or loops depending how it feels at the time. Again when you hold the power off button for 10 secs, (hard reset) it seems to resolve the issue. But that would mean doing that EVERY time you play.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Matt, I've had this issue occur several times now, whenever I just quit the game, ie need to go somewhere and just turn Xbox off through the controller, but whenever I do the hard reset it becomes fine. This is also the case for other games, that is, when I quit other games or sign out then turn Xbox back on a day later and put it Bradman, one over in it freezes, or loops depending how it feels at the time. Again when you hold the power off button for 10 secs, (hard reset) it seems to resolve the issue. But that would mean doing that EVERY time you play.
Do you have your Xbox set to the power saving mode or fast startup?

Marty363

School Cricketer
T
Do you have your Xbox set to the power saving mode or fast startup?

Thats a good question. I'm guessing fast startup given the issue and resolution I stated. I'll adjust that and report back. Was just thinking this might be a source of this freezing issue for so many people.

rizwanahmaduk

Club Cricketer
Hi all,

I wondered if anyone could help me, I have the PS4 version of the game with the latest patch installed, i like playing two player with my cousin, I have created a second psn account and replaced all teams from the academy but when in the game, when he looks around the field, the names show up on top of the player in the field, but when i do it when batting to see where his fielders are, there are no player names on top of the fielders...I hope that makes sense

What am i doing wrong? why does the fielder names come up for him when he is batting and do not appear when i am batting, both accounts have the latest patch installed, same configuration, etc? The fielders are so hard to see for me when looking around for me otherwise!!!

Your help here would be great!!!

Cicjose

School Cricketer
got back into the game today after re-downloading all my data again, now if i simulate to player the game freezes and goes black

Users who are viewing this thread