PC Version Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I've had this problem, too. I have a 7850 and up to the 15.7.1 driver I have never had this issue. Every driver since that has given me this issue, something to do with Crimson possibly. Do you have an amd gpu as well by any chance?

I figured out which in game effect is causing that by process of elimination and it turns out it's the bloom effect. But after playing so many hours with it turned on, it kinda looks a bit weird without it.

Yeah I have AMD, this year is the first time I bought an AMD because my nvidia was malfunctioning but I'm assuming it doesn't happen with nvidia...I've got R9270x by AMD and it's a great card for the price but I've noticed a lot of these issues...I've managed to get rid of the issue by just turning the graphics down but that comes with a price, doesn't look anywhere near as good (still looks good though lol) and stuff like hotspot doesn't work but no biggy...I hope these issues aren't in dbc17

Dracos

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have you tried just turning off bloom and perhaps depth of field as well? For me, turning that off solved the issue, but at the cost of some graphical downgrade.

Also, what driver are you on? Because, as I said, 15.7.1 and earlier drivers never gave me this issue. You could try that if you don't need any of the newer drivers.

Cricket Umpire

Club Cricketer
I don't if this happens to anyone else but in my career the fielders at slip almost always drop catches.
The game us very good in that edges actually fly to the slips realistically. But in real cricket catches are rarely dropped at slips. In my career they often drop sitters.

It is really frustating to finally make the batsmen edge the ball only to find the catch dropped.

There is one more minor issue. The AI never bowls no balls or wides except overhead wide.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I don't if this happens to anyone else but in my career the fielders at slip almost always drop catches.
The game us very good in that edges actually fly to the slips realistically. But in real cricket catches are rarely dropped at slips. In my career they often drop sitters.

It is really frustating to finally make the batsmen edge the ball only to find the catch dropped.

There is one more minor issue. The AI never bowls no balls or wides except overhead wide.
Bowlers always drop the catches. So you must place the batsman in the slip because I often find them taking fine catches.

Kart7

School Cricketer
Hello there,

I play on Steam and recently have been able to switch to the demo DBC 17 along with the sharing login feature enabled from my DBC 14 login. However, now when I go back to DBC 14 and trying to upload teams, it gives me the message "invalid username/ password". I have even tried resetting my password multiple times but doesn't connect. Now stuck there and not able to upload any more.

Would anyone have the solution or redirect to a thread if discussed? Thank you.

Cheers,
Kart

acidrock924

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
A bit of a weird issue really. I have upgraded my PC from an older GPU to RX 470. Since then whilst playing DB14, screen kind of dims a little when cameras change from playing a shot to going to the fielding camera etc....
DB17 demo plays fine... All other games play fine so can't be a gpu issue....

Any ideas would be appreciated .....

maxtiger

Club Captain
please guy help me my game was little bit freeze every time during playing match how fix that i have updated my graphic card

acgriffiths

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello there,

I play on Steam and recently have been able to switch to the demo DBC 17 along with the sharing login feature enabled from my DBC 14 login. However, now when I go back to DBC 14 and trying to upload teams, it gives me the message "invalid username/ password". I have even tried resetting my password multiple times but doesn't connect. Now stuck there and not able to upload any more.

Would anyone have the solution or redirect to a thread if discussed? Thank you.

Cheers,
Kart
Having the same problem now. Can't log in to academy on DBC14 because of "invalid username or password". No problem on '17. Makes the new demo update kinda useless

ajdude

International Coach
something i've noticed with the game is that i'm limited to 40 FPS at an absolute max when at any resolution above 800x600, no other settings have any bearing on this. even when the game first opens and shows the screens featuring company logos it'll show upwards of 1000 FPS before sitting near 100 FPS at the main menu, yet at any higher resolution it'll be capped at 40 immediately.

i have an NVIDIA GTX750 Ti, an AMD FX-8350 and 16 GB of RAM and i mean while it's not the greatest rig, it runs GTA V on mostly high settings between 50-60 FPS so i don't think it has anything to do with it. i've tried fiddling with other settings like vsync to no avail and had a play around in the NVIDIA control panel with no luck.

jamilahmed

School Cricketer
i am facing a issue when my new bowler came to bowl bowler select but game hangs.i try to severl things like re-install steam/game etc.but not solved
This issue i am facing online

any help>>?

zuhayr92

Club Cricketer
Mode: Career
Match Type: 4 day domestic match
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 0 - Before the Game Starts
Ground: Lancashire
Teams: Hamshire v Glamorgan
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: No option to press A to start the match. It just keep showing the scoreboard switching between weather information and the team line up

Same thing has happened in other careers that I've now deleted because it became too annoying

EDIT - Now happening with every game in my career mode as a batting all-rounder for Glamorgan

[DOUBLEPOST=1483107311][/DOUBLEPOST]Mode: Career
Match Type: ALL
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Random
Ground: ALL
Teams: ALL
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: Constant crashes, more so than ever before. I deleted the game and redownloaded a fresh copy and it is still constantly crashing. I cannot go more than 30 minutes without a crash. This is the worst it has ever been and I have almost 500 hours in the game. Crashes even in safe mode, with no mods or edits

Last edited:

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm sure it's pointless to post this but I just had the same thing happen twice in the same game. Hansie Cronje bowling a no ball and hitting the stumps in his delivery but didn't release the ball and there was no way of continuing the game as the batsman just stood there and everything else was queued up so I couldn't save and exit or check a replay to push things forward. Both happened at roughly the same time in the game from the same bowler, it's just annoying because it ruined a pretty decent game especially the second time.

This is the first time
2piO952.jpg

mQmNzq4.jpg

vwl9i9Z.jpg

And this is when it happened the second time

lPn2IXd.jpg

22.5 overs and 21.3 overs

@francobaldo1 is it possible this is related to v2.90? I used that when bowling then shut the game off, restarted without it then went to bed after the first time it happened then this morning it happened again.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'm sure it's pointless to post this but I just had the same thing happen twice in the same game. Hansie Cronje bowling a no ball and hitting the stumps in his delivery but didn't release the ball and there was no way of continuing the game as the batsman just stood there and everything else was queued up so I couldn't save and exit or check a replay to push things forward. Both happened at roughly the same time in the game from the same bowler, it's just annoying because it ruined a pretty decent game especially the second time.

This is the first time
2piO952.jpg

mQmNzq4.jpg

vwl9i9Z.jpg

And this is when it happened the second time

lPn2IXd.jpg

22.5 overs and 21.3 overs

@francobaldo1 is it possible this is related to v2.90? I used that when bowling then shut the game off, restarted without it then went to bed after the first time it happened then this morning it happened again.

i think it's unlikely, but i will try to replicate the bug. Many times when testing i bowled a no ball and hit the stumps, but i dont remember this problem. Instead i have seen many
times in the current patch (without hack) getting an edge to the slips and after appealing (unnecessary) the game would stop with the players celebrating (i could access
the menu though).

cheapassgamer

School Cricketer
Problem: As soon as the main menu loads, my screen starts flashing and once I am in a match the screen goes completely blank and then I get an error message "The display adapter failed to start, switch to Microsoft basic display adapter". After this I have to restart the machine to get everything back to normal. It happens every time. I have tried verifying the files, reinstalling and even disabling cloud saves.

Game0Tron

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Mode: Any
Match Type: Any
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Any
Ground: Any
Teams: Any
Get Best: No
Description of Issue: I can't run the game. Whenever I launch the game it pops up with the message "You Must be online in order to play Don Bradman Cricket 14" I have the game on Steam. I have checked the big ant status servers and cricket servers seem fine. But my problem still doesn't resolve. I tried rebooting, Verifying Integrity of Game cache and more stuff but nothing seems to fix it. I know this forum thread is old but I really need help. This is almost the only game I play as of now and I am absolutely in love with it.

PS - I'm talking about Don Bradman Cricket 14

Users who are viewing this thread