Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepushah

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am playing the t20 wcup.
In the first two matches I batted at the Amateur level , and scored 160 and 189 vs Windies and aussies .

I saved the game on each occassion after 1st innings batting and then started bowling at PRO difficulty .But on both occasion I got the opposition out for less than 40 . In the first over of each match bowling with ajmal ( spinner) I got 4 and 5 wkts respectively.

The AI played some ridiculous shots and got caught in the deep with only 2 fielders in the deep ( powerplay ) also , they ran like crazy , almost 3-4 batsmen got run out in each innings ...when there was no single available at all in side the circle...

I am wondering if this is a fluke or these things happen on the regular basis with AI batting ..

This happens all the time and is quite annoying.

----------

Can someone tell me why lots of times when I am trying to hit an aggressive shot over mid wicket the ball keeps going to fine leg? Its happened so many times that i actually kept my analog pressed to check which direction it was and it was surely pointing to midwicket. its been happening a lot.

PS I am playing on Pro mode.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i have noticed one thing as several times batsman after beating the ball i.e. dot ball suddenly start walk towards other end and on parallel keeper does not throw the ball to batting end. Note batsman start walk without any key press.
i am playing on veteran and legend level and observe this thing in odi and t20.

mazbaz24

School Cricketer
Career Mode Not There

Hi my career mode is not showing in the list when i try to go on continue career it is grey and does'nt let me press on continue i'm on the xbox 360 if that helps i really want to play career mode any ideas thanks mazbaz24

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can someone tell me why lots of times when I am trying to hit an aggressive shot over mid wicket the ball keeps going to fine leg? Its happened so many times that i actually kept my analog pressed to check which direction it was and it was surely pointing to midwicket. its been happening a lot.

You're obviously not getting the timing right.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Mode: Single player
Match Type: All
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): When given LBW or stumping
Ground: All
Teams:
Get Best:Yes
Description of Issue:
The batsman shakes his head even before the umpire gives them out..

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Mode: Single player
Match Type: All
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): When given LBW or stumping
Ground: All
Teams:
Get Best:Yes
Description of Issue:
The batsman shakes his head even before the umpire gives them out..

He also walks off right after, little like a LBW in IC2010 if i remember right. The fielders started to cheer before umpire gave it out. Still there is bigger problems in the game to worry about this one.

rizwanahmaduk

Club Cricketer
This happens all the time and is quite annoying.

----------

Hi Deepushah, i was getting teams out consistently for 60 runs or below on PRO level, this realism is better once you move to Veteran level. I have been playing on veteran level for a solid few days now and even though I am winning, they are close games...

Kind Regards
Riz

cricket_online

ICC Board Member

I struggle playing through mid wkt or wide long on area as well. I try to play a drive through widish mid on or mid wkt area and end up playing the ball to fine leg, and generally in the air :noway

Have lost my wkt so many times this way and trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Let me know any tips you might have for playing the ball through mid wkt/wide mid on area, especially the full pitched ones.

christy_lenin

Club Captain
Its difficult to identify the player from the save game list. @Ross if possible please add psn id somewhere next to Last changed in patch#2.

34t7m00.jpg

Attachments

• 34t7m00.jpg
    34t7m00.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 0

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
He also walks off right after, little like a LBW in IC2010 if i remember right. The fielders started to cheer before umpire gave it out. Still there is bigger problems in the game to worry about this one.

I agree these are not affecting gameplay but I think Ross is trying to solve such issues for Patch #2 ..That's why I stated this....

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Quite a good bug this one. Playing a test match and the commentary stopped after the third innings. Ah bliss!

Phineas

Club Cricketer
A couple of minor glitches are thankfully all I have come across.

1. I have been given out stumped when the batsmans foot is clearly behind the line.

2. I have had various run out issues. Batsmen have been behind the crease when attempting a run, but don't put the bat down and get run out. When sliding the batsmen pull the bat towards them resulting in run-outs.

3. The DRS sometimes doesn't appeal for the right thing. I have appealed blatant catches or LBWs and the CPU has looked for the wrong one resulting in a wasted appeal.

4. I have been out caught on a free hit. (only once tho)

5. I have been given out on appeal even after the umpire has said not out and the DRS was staying with umpires call.

These are minor glitches in an otherwise brilliant game. Congratulations to Big Ant on creating a far better cricket game than anyone ever expected. :thumbs:clap

Deepushah

School Cricketer

I thought of that too but for a shot aimed at midwicket to go all the way to fine leg seemed a little too much according to me. I get if it went as far as square le or so if I didn't time it correctly.

----------

Hi Deepushah, i was getting teams out consistently for 60 runs or below on PRO level, this realism is better once you move to Veteran level. I have been playing on veteran level for a solid few days now and even though I am winning, they are close games...

Kind Regards
Riz

Hey Riz,
Wow thats a relief to say the least coz i thought this was going to be a real deal breaker in terms of bowling.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I thought of that too but for a shot aimed at midwicket to go all the way to fine leg seemed a little too much according to me. I get if it went as far as square le or so if I didn't time it correctly.

Struggling with the same stuff myself. Do let me know when you manage to figure it out.

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Struggling with the same stuff myself. Do let me know when you manage to figure it out.

Same isssue with me too. Whenver I play a short with backfoot and shot towards midwicket, the batsman is palying a straight bat shot towards mid on. Earlier I thought ity was due to timing but when i play in the nets the shot is working fine but this error is happening while paying in career mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread