Things you do to take wickets

nkarthikn78

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys,
I enjoy bowling in this game.playing as fast-medium bowling all-rounder(career).
i normally bowl wicket to wicket,and off stump line.
with packed off side field plus two on the legside(deep mid on,b.square leg).
forcing the batsman to play straight and getting c&b,bowled..
so as the title says,what do you do.?

AshleyWilliam

Banned
Absolute comedy gold in some of these responses so far....clap....clap

- Bowl to your field. Always. If you're struggling to get wickets, set the batsman up by having two/three men back on the hook and bowl short.
- Change your bowlers around. If they are not making a breakthrough switch to another bowler, or a different type of bowlers (pace to spin for example).
- Don't lose patience. If your bowling tightly and not giving away runs, don't stray from that perfect line and length and try something that might release the pressure valve. For example, if your producing dot balls but not taking wickets, don't get necessarily adventurous by throwing in a bouncer or yorker. Maintain good line and length and let the batsman try something rash.

Arun A B

Club Cricketer
I have chosen Inverse bowling mode, wherever I bowl, whatever I move, the ball is just pitching in a single direction. Leg side. How to bowl straight to the stumps?

santo12

School Cricketer
I have tried this and it has 95% worked for me. In career mode, I am Slow left arm spinner and have taken 576 wkts in 120 odd T20 games with a economy around 2 rpo.

Check the batsman's weak skill

If it is front foot - Bowl Googly + good length ball -Mix it with Drift and flighted deliveries and a occasional Regular off break but the length should be good length only.

-- Persisting this will result in a bowled or a caught behind.

If it is Back foot - Bowl Regular off breaks , drifts or flighted ones + Full length or short length - Mix it with a top spinner or a slow flighters.

Make sure u have a fielder in square leg , cover and Deep mid on. Preferably , create a cauldron of fielders in the inner circle with just 2 in the outer ring.

-- I have bowled loopy off breaks which makes the batsman sweep and gift dollies to square leg fielder.

If its other than these 2 weak skills; [eg - Onside, flat bat, straight bat, offside] check the strong skills also. based on that mix and match the Full length and good length balls.

I mostly presume batsman with weak skills of aforementioned examples, then he must not be strong in front foot too. so I feed him googlies after googlies and a top spinner during the 4th or 5 th ball. But only one in the over. I have seen his middle or off stump taking a walk more frequently.

jmathanram

Club Cricketer
I have tried this and it has 95% worked for me. In career mode, I am Slow left arm spinner and have taken 576 wkts in 120 odd T20 games with a economy around 2 rpo.

Check the batsman's weak skill

If it is front foot - Bowl Googly + good length ball -Mix it with Drift and flighted deliveries and a occasional Regular off break but the length should be good length only.

-- Persisting this will result in a bowled or a caught behind.

If it is Back foot - Bowl Regular off breaks , drifts or flighted ones + Full length or short length - Mix it with a top spinner or a slow flighters.

Make sure u have a fielder in square leg , cover and Deep mid on. Preferably , create a cauldron of fielders in the inner circle with just 2 in the outer ring.

-- I have bowled loopy off breaks which makes the batsman sweep and gift dollies to square leg fielder.

If its other than these 2 weak skills; [eg - Onside, flat bat, straight bat, offside] check the strong skills also. based on that mix and match the Full length and good length balls.

I mostly presume batsman with weak skills of aforementioned examples, then he must not be strong in front foot too. so I feed him googlies after googlies and a top spinner during the 4th or 5 th ball. But only one in the over. I have seen his middle or off stump taking a walk more frequently.

Nice one.. Will try it today and let you know.

nkarthikn78

Club Cricketer
I have chosen Inverse bowling mode, wherever I bowl, whatever I move, the ball is just pitching in a single direction. Leg side. How to bowl straight to the stumps?
Which controller are you using?

i first used an rs.250 cheap controller (no sensitive at all),it has the same problem you are having. when i switched to xbox 360 controller the difference is huge.
first i struggled to get control the line. through continious play i manage to get the control the line of the delivery quickly.

Arun A B

Club Cricketer
Which controller are you using?

i first used an rs.250 cheap controller (no sensitive at all),it has the same problem you are having. when i switched to xbox 360 controller the difference is huge.
first i struggled to get control the line. through continious play i manage to get the control the line of the delivery quickly.
PS3 original controller only.

Ren

Club Captain

try this:

Concentrate on getting the release straight up on the right stick. Don't worry about where the ball ends up, just concentrate on getting the input dead straight, with 0 left or right movement. Remember not to worry about where the ball goes, you're practicing input, not bowling.

Once you can hit it dead on without any sideways movement, then start looking at where the ball is going and adjust left or right *slightly* to hit the line you want.

I've found that in different conditions I need to hit a slightly different spot in right stick delivery to find middle and once I've found that then I can start bowling to a plan. Also conditions during a FC or test match can change, so keep checking big eye reviews to see where the ball is ending up (even if the batsman hits it) every few overs.

Hope that helps.

Arun A B

Club Cricketer
try this:

Concentrate on getting the release straight up on the right stick. Don't worry about where the ball ends up, just concentrate on getting the input dead straight, with 0 left or right movement. Remember not to worry about where the ball goes, you're practicing input, not bowling.

Once you can hit it dead on without any sideways movement, then start looking at where the ball is going and adjust left or right *slightly* to hit the line you want.

I've found that in different conditions I need to hit a slightly different spot in right stick delivery to find middle and once I've found that then I can start bowling to a plan. Also conditions during a FC or test match can change, so keep checking big eye reviews to see where the ball is ending up (even if the batsman hits it) every few overs.

Hope that helps.
Right stick?? I thought delivery was for left one and I was keeping left one for movement. All balls went leg side and they started hitting sixers.

Users who are viewing this thread