Pace bowling help

Midazolam

School Cricketer
Hi guys!

I only play on career mode, I have a batsmen, a Leg spinning all rounder and I have just started a Fast-medium bowling career. Three matches in however and I am not even coming close to taking wickets. I really don't understand it, what could I be doing wrong?

I vary my line and length to no avail. I bowl a few out-swinging deliveries and then a fast in-swinging yorker... which is promptly dispatched for 6 over deep fine leg. I could really do with some guidance on how to take wickets

Cheers

ferball5

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Swing is generally useless unless used as a variation. Bowling seam deliveries (R Stick up) are much more effective strangely I have noticed. Bowl an outswinger on a good line and length you will be dispatched anywhere and everywhere but bowling seam in the same area means the batsmen play and miss or get out. BA should fix this because irl swing is generally more effective.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I mainly bowl out-swingers and i rarely get smashed about. Your Field is key to creating pressure to force them into shots you want them to play. I keep it tight on a good length just outside off stump. I don't take massive hauls of wickets but i tend to get 2-3 an innings. Whenever i bowl a bouncer tho i get dispatched for 6 haha :(

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
T20/ODI: Bowl a fuller length, vary your pace. I get wickets with just about any type of ball. Depending on the batsman's strength & weakness, I normally bowl off - and leg cutters.
First Class/Test: Bowl normal length.Same as above.

Your field placement is utterly important. In the Academy create your own field placements if the pre-set ones don't do it for you.I prefer a silly short extra cover & forward short leg in the opening power plays. Get catches all the time, however if you have the wrong fielders in those positions; you'll get alot of drop catches.

Users who are viewing this thread