Bowling Tips to get wickets

handsome

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello,

Been playing this game since the day of release. I have concentrated too much on batting and have got used to the controls to respond to the balls. The problem is in the bowling, how do you get wickets?

I am bowling as a Batting AR in career mode and bowling the off stump line with the ball shaping away. The surprise deliveries include the inswinging full ball, the cross seam 4th stump line ball and the short ball. My average is 45/wicket. Any suggestions?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If you just want wickets, bowl with mid-off and mid on and wait for the batsman to give you a catch.

If you want good realistic wickets... Not sure

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Bowl as a spinner and your bowling average will come down to single digits. Apparently AI batsmen can't do much against spin if you have mid off and mid on in place. Also put a square leg and point in as AI somehow can't control gifting wkts away via sweeps or reverse sweeps.

Westindies

Club Captain
Increase the pressure on the batsman by bowling maidens, it relies upon the field placing as well. Once you generate more dot balls AI will play an aggressive shot , by that time you have to nail the delivery and take wicket...

estmsm

Club Captain
Bowling used to be really easy for me! I used to average under 15 with the ball! I sucked big time with the bat though!

Vary your deliveries more often!

P.S. Havent played the game since September 2014!

MorttonOrc

School Cricketer
Why is bowling so HARD!!!!!! i used to take 3-6 wickets a match and now i can only take 3 wickets a tweaking season!! whyy have they changed the way batsmen play. i bowl the perfect line with a ring field and they play and miss 5 balls in a row and the last ball they always hit it for 4 or 6 or they just pick up an easy single. ive tried everything and nothing is doing it!! PLZ HELP BEFORE I DIE

angad

Chairman of Consent
Bowl as a spinner and your bowling average will come down to single digits. Apparently AI batsmen can't do much against spin if you have mid off and mid on in place. Also put a square leg and point in as AI somehow can't control gifting wkts away via sweeps or reverse sweeps.

I remember the ai sweeping almost every 3rd delivery when facing spinners, however am currently playing on PS4 (patch 3 is not available on it yet) and went onto bowl 40 overs with spinners without a single catch to mid on or mid off and the AI didnt play a single sweep or reverse sweep.

So what I am trying to say here is that maybe the problem of AI playing to mid off and mid on in the air and sweeping all the time got fixed in the current patch level that the ps4 version is currently on?

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I remember the ai sweeping almost every 3rd delivery when facing spinners, however am currently playing on PS4 (patch 3 is not available on it yet) and went onto bowl 40 overs with spinners without a single catch to mid on or mid off and the AI didnt play a single sweep or reverse sweep.

So what I am trying to say here is that maybe the problem of AI playing to mid off and mid on in the air and sweeping all the time got fixed in the current patch level that the ps4 version is currently on?

Could be. I'm on PS3 and am able to get cheap wkts using spinners.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Could be. I'm on PS3 and am able to get cheap wkts using spinners.

Yeh, I remember the same on PS3...however on PS4 I am yet to face the same against AI (though have only played 6-7 test matches so far).

Users who are viewing this thread