Post your questions about the game here!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Oops damn iPhone word predictor and doing about twenty things at once is a recipe for disaster. In English i meant to say, as I'm a newbie to the game are there any mods people would suggest I get as a starting point?? Seems to be a fair few out there to choose from and I have no idea where to start.

to be honest, mods are only visual rather than gameplay related so you're better off just plowing through and seeing what you prefer: there are a lot to choose from whether retro or more up to date.

kushari

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was given Out by Umpire, I reviewed it, and the decision was not over turned & I remained out. Should it be given as Out when 2 (IMPACT & PITCHING) Out of 3 parameters are against it? This is on Online Match and on the last patch (Patch before what is released today morning).

p83qPAd.jpg

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
Off drive..

what i have experienced is if your foot moves out of the crease while playing the shot, the game sometimes thinks that you are not offering a shot and gives you out despite being impacted outside offstump.

I have mostly had this occur with front foot cut shot where batsman get out of the crease while playing it.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
IMO, that's a fair decision.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I was given Out by Umpire, I reviewed it, and the decision was not over turned & I remained out. Should it be given as Out when 2 (IMPACT & PITCHING) Out of 3 parameters are against it? This is on Online Match and on the last patch (Patch before what is released today morning).

p83qPAd.jpg
Should have been overturned...Had AI decisions where similar types were overturned to not out...

kushari

International Coach
IMO, that's a fair decision.

Its not question of Fair or Unfair.. I am asking to understand how the game engine works..As Except this one time, each and every single time when the ball pitched outside Off stump/Leg Stump and Impact line was Out Of Off Stump/Leg Stump, Umpire always (without any fail, except the above exception) given it as NOT OUT (even if Umpire originally gave it Out). That's why I thought of sharing it here as it is something which I have never seen before, and I have played approx 1515 Hours of DBC14...

kushari

International Coach
Should have been overturned...Had AI decisions where similar types were overturned to not out...

This is exactly what I am trying to say...I have never seen a batsman given out when BARS is showing PITCHING as well as IMPACT is Outside the Stump Line. But I do think in real cricket it should be given out, but BARS seems to out-rightly reject anything which is pitching & impacting outside the Stump Line...

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I have played approx 1515 Hours of DBC14...
Show off...:D

This is exactly what I am trying to say...I have never seen a batsman given out when BARS is showing PITCHING as well as IMPACT is Outside the Stump Line. But I do think in real cricket it should be given out, but BARS seems to out-rightly reject anything which is pitching & impacting outside the Stump Line...
I dont think impact should be in line and hitting as well....Atleast umpire's call when umpire based on the decision....The above scenario can be given out only when batsman has left the ball and it hits the pad and the umpire gives it out...

Cricz25

Club Captain
Not sure if this has been asked before or is it too late to ask this. The "Fly Slip" fielder for Fast bowlers stands well outside the circle and in one of my match reached magically till boundary for a certain four and caught it. It resembles more like a "Short Third Man" standing outside. Is this the obvious behavior.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Not sure if this has been asked before or is it too late to ask this. The "Fly Slip" fielder for Fast bowlers stands well outside the circle and in one of my match reached magically till boundary for a certain four and caught it. It resembles more like a "Short Third Man" standing outside. Is this the obvious behavior.
:lol I have had mid on run till boundary line to take a catch as if its just a routine catch..They are just well trained to run by Usain Bolt so that's expected off them...

Cricz25

Club Captain
:lol I have had mid on run till boundary line to take a catch as if its just a routine catch..They are just well trained to run by Usain Bolt so that's expected off them...
Lol..I was more concerned about why he stands outside the circle when already 2 players are out in PP. May be he takes the start :D

rkishore1986

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can any one clarify what will the 'normalize skills' option will do while creating a online match.

Users who are viewing this thread