India vs Pakistan in Sri Lanka - Cancelled

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't understand why they mix politics with sports.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Looks like this series might happen end of December if the Indian govt gives the go ahead. But frankly from a rest perspective, I want our players to feel fresh before travelling to Australia and not waste their time against Pakistan on Sri Lankan pitches.

Also one more thing - why is India visiting Australia now? Didn't we very recently play in Australia? Feels too early for us to be visiting Australia again. A 5 ODI and 3 T20 series?

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looks like this series might happen end of December if the Indian govt gives the go ahead. But frankly from a rest perspective, I want our players to feel fresh before travelling to Australia and not waste their time against Pakistan on Sri Lankan pitches.

Also one more thing - why is India visiting Australia now? Didn't we very recently play in Australia? Feels too early for us to be visiting Australia again. A 5 ODI and 3 T20 series?
I believe it should be played on our soil.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors

If India is travelling to Australia, Trust me whether indian players will be fresh or tired, the result would be same. Aussies bulldoze everyone in their home soil, particularly sub-continent teams. Indian fans should wish instead that it's a wrong info and Aussies are touring India this time, In that case, India have a chance perhaps

Regarding Pak-India Series, Come what may soil. The series should happen

Last edited:

PokerAce

Banned
If India is travelling to Australia, Trust me whether indian players will be fresh or tired, the result would be same. Aussies bulldozes everyone in their home soil, particularly sub-continent teams. Indian fans should wish instead that it's a wrong info and Aussies are touring India this time, In that case, India have a chance perhaps

Why is there any confusion about this series. This series has been confirmd a long while ago, and India will travel to Australia for an ODI series, just like Australia had done in Oct. 2013. This is reverse tour. India will play Australia starting January 12. Its not like the Australia tour has just come up.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
If India is travelling to Australia, Trust me whether indian players will be fresh or tired, the result would be same. Aussies bulldozes everyone in their home soil, particularly sub-continent teams. Indian fans should wish instead that it's a wrong info and Aussies are touring India this time, In that case, India have a chance perhaps

Just saying, India have played Australia 13 times in Tri Series generally away from home out of which have won 4 times lost 7 times and 2 no results. This is a decent record, This record has beating Australia in finals in 2007-08. I think we should do pretty good in Australia, but then again we will have Vinay Kumars and Mohit Sharmas back in squad.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
PCB Chairman gave another foolish statement yesterday, "There is Yes from our side, don't know what's the view from Indian board, we are waiting"

He really has no clue what is going to happen. Just shooting arrows in the dark.. lol.. pity

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
If India is travelling to Australia, Trust me whether indian players will be fresh or tired, the result would be same. Aussies bulldoze everyone in their home soil, particularly sub-continent teams. Indian fans should wish instead that it's a wrong info and Aussies are touring India this time, In that case, India have a chance perhaps

Sorry for this minor leg pulling, but - hope you have not mistaken India for Pakistan. :p India have a far better record than other subcontinent teams when playing in Australia. For me, its purely a case of resting the players.

I don't think the Pakistan series is happening. The Indian govt is going to reject the tour.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
@War
Don't poke the dead :). Long time since I posted but yeah It is mighty disappointing not to have a series with India for Pakistan and cricket fraternity in general. India would have walloped us in ODI keeping in mind where we languish in ICC Ranking, but Pakistan would have returned the favor in test cricket. I hope the series does happen in very near future.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@War
Don't poke the dead :). Long time since I posted but yeah It is mighty disappointing not to have a series with India for Pakistan and cricket fraternity in general. India would have walloped us in ODI keeping in mind where we languish in ICC Ranking, but Pakistan would have returned the favor in test cricket. I hope the series does happen in very near future.

Not so sure about Pakistan walloping us in tests though. We have been through a really tough period of cricket overseas and have done reasonably okay. Since coming back from those tours to familiar terrains, they have been pretty hard to beat (last 7 tests, won 5, lost 1). If the two sides were to face up in tests in Asia currently, it will be even. In fact, Pakistan would have a better chance in the ODIs.

Users who are viewing this thread