Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
For some reason auslink, db frazier, glp, mcrooster and synergy are named differently to the others. They are named "sponsors_auslink_col.dds" instead of "sponsor_..."

Otherwise I think you have all of them.

maxtiger

Club Captain
can anyone create vivo ipl 2016 tournament & all team with kit's & new player then send link here

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Sorry for the double post, but I replaced all the teams with the "replace with best teams" option and now when I go to casual match and say I chose a ODI some teams only have one selection available. For example the only NZ lineup I can chose is "BEST XI" there's no "TEST", "ODI", "T20" like some of the other teams? Any reason for this?

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Sorry for the double post, but I replaced all the teams with the "replace with best teams" option and now when I go to casual match and say I chose a ODI some teams only have one selection available. For example the only NZ lineup I can chose is "BEST XI" there's no "TEST", "ODI", "T20" like some of the other teams? Any reason for this?
Some of the teams have only one line-up. You can create new line up for ODI, T20 and Test for each team in academy.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Some of the teams have only one line-up. You can create new line up for ODI, T20 and Test for each team in academy.

Huh...that's a bit strange, do some teams only have one lineup by default too? I thought the academy best team option was basically supposed to give us all the up to date teams?

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Huh...that's a bit strange, do some teams only have one lineup by default too? I thought the academy best team option was basically supposed to give us all the up to date teams?
Yup. Some teams have only one line up by default. Even I was confused in the beginning as there was only one lineup for few teams. So, you gotta create a new line up for those teams in Academy. Not a big deal though.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Never ever use the "get best" it's bollocks.

Take time to check the teams before you download them. It will still take you a lot less time than you will end up playing.

If you're not going into a career straight away, just take the teams you're going to use at a given time. Always check the lineups, uniforms etc.

And remember that you can always change the ones you've downloaded yourself.

Hopefully DBC17 will not have any get best option because it has actually done more harm than good.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Yup. Some teams have only one line up by default. Even I was confused in the beginning as there was only one lineup for few teams. So, you gotta create a new line up for those teams in Academy. Not a big deal though.

Never ever use the "get best" it's bollocks.

Take time to check the teams before you download them. It will still take you a lot less time than you will end up playing.

If you're not going into a career straight away, just take the teams you're going to use at a given time. Always check the lineups, uniforms etc.

And remember that you can always change the ones you've downloaded yourself.

Hopefully DBC17 will not have any get best option because it has actually done more harm than good.

Ah I see I was completely unaware I thought get best actually would be the best teams made by people. So what is the best option? To just download them manually? Also why has it done more harm and I'm not playing career more anytime soon...maybe not at all as I just enjoy playing one off casual matches and maybe might play a tour when I can be bothered!

Thanks again guys

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ah I see I was completely unaware I thought get best actually would be the best teams made by people. So what is the best option? To just download them manually? Also why has it done more harm and I'm not playing career more anytime soon...maybe not at all as I just enjoy playing one off casual matches and maybe might play a tour when I can be bothered!

Thanks again guys

Basically, because the game prompts you to "get best" it feels almost like Big Ant endorsed, and since at different times the so-called get best have had: players without skill; players with all default equipment so everyone looks the same; odd batting orders; only one line-up; playing odi's in whites/vice versa etc. you've had people making queries like yours but actually more aggressively like accusing Big Ant of messing up. (I'm not having a go at your query here, but the other ones we had in the past.)

Definitely download them manually, and check them and edit them yourself if you're unhappy with anything. (And always reupload so we can have better versions on the server!)

You might want to check out this thread i started, but a lot of the teams won't be most up to date anymore. Some of the last pages might have more up to date teams, but i only change the OP if the creator PMs me.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Basically, because the game prompts you to "get best" it feels almost like Big Ant endorsed, and since at different times the so-called get best have had: players without skill; players with all default equipment so everyone looks the same; odd batting orders; only one line-up; playing odi's in whites/vice versa etc. you've had people making queries like yours but actually more aggressively like accusing Big Ant of messing up. (I'm not having a go at your query here, but the other ones we had in the past.)

Definitely download them manually, and check them and edit them yourself if you're unhappy with anything. (And always reupload so we can have better versions on the server!)

You might want to check out this thread i started, but a lot of the teams won't be most up to date anymore. Some of the last pages might have more up to date teams, but i only change the OP if the creator PMs me.

Ah okay that makes sense and yeah I've had some of the issues you mentioned. Good thing I asked, I was under the impression I had the proper lineups haha. I doubt they did it on purpose, seems like a complicated thing to execute, wouldn't they have to keep updating it etc.

I'll definitely check the thread out, seems like a lot of work has been done and if I'm honest just the current lineups or 2015 lineups would be good enough for me as I've not watched cricket actively since 2009. I watch the ashes and world cups but I have no clue who some of the new players are :(

Cricket Umpire

Club Cricketer
Hello.

Just wanted to know where I could download real kits for all international and Ipl teams. They need not be latest.

:)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Hello, this is going to sound silly but I am confused as heck how to install mods. Bought the game late on PC (had it on PS3) I tried doing something, some logos were cool and all, some kits were good but I messed up. I know @Llewelynf has all the kits if I am not wrong, how do I go ahead and install those? any help would be appreciated. @blockerdave @nutshot

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hello, this is going to sound silly but I am confused as heck how to install mods. Bought the game late on PC (had it on PS3) I tried doing something, some logos were cool and all, some kits were good but I messed up. I know @Llewelynf has all the kits if I am not wrong, how do I go ahead and install those? any help would be appreciated. @blockerdave @nutshot

basically you need to know exactly what the mod replaces, and just recreate the folder in the DBC14/textures folder.

bats / kit sponsors / equipment sponsors are easy they just go in sponsors. kits are more problematic since you need to know the style and pattern, and put them in the correct folder and include jumpers / vests

i'm not on my DBC computer at the moment so can't give full details. if you look at @grkrama thread a quick start to get modding, he explains the file structure in detail.

grkrama

National Board President
@parthkadakia this should give you a basic overview of how files are laid,
A quick tut to get modding in DBC - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums

for kits checkout these detailed instruction of satish, and try it a couple of times and see what files and where you are replacing, you would get an hang of it!

England ODI & T20 KIT.

attachment.php

Installation Instructions:

1. Extract the textures folder to ?Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\?

2. Launch the Game and go to Don Bradman Cricket Academy, select ?Team Manager? and go to ?England (Current Generation)?

3. Select ?Identity? and make sure you have the team sponsor set to ?zenith?

4. Go Back, select ?Uniforms? and then, ?ODI?.

5.Select ?Clothing? and then perform the following changes:

i) Set the Top Model to ?Current? and pattern to 8.

ii) Set the Pants Model to ?Current? and pattern to 8.

6. Now Choose the correct colors of kit in the ?clothing? option.

7. The same procedure applies for T20 kit. just select ?T20? instead of ?ODI? in the uniforms section. and follow the steps 5 and 6.

8. Also,modify the shirt number , cap and helmet colors. Thats all! You?re Finished.

For logos mattw gives detailed instructions here while its for modding it will also help you understand logo file structure

MattW Downloads - Channel Nine Overlay | Page 6 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Downloads on PlanetCricket Forums

Users who are viewing this thread