Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I could never hit the ball to/through mid wicket reliably, not sure if it is because i struggle moving my right thumb that way, a timing issue, or it was just a hard thing to do in the game.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hitting through mid wicket requires you to time the shot early. Unfortunately, DBC 14 doesn't really support true 360 degree shot placement, i.e. you can't play the shots to each part of the ground in the 360 degree arc as you can in real life or you could in Ashes cricket 2009. You just have a few pre-determined areas you can place your shot in DBC 14. E.g., if you play a cover drive the well timed shot goes through extra cover and if you have an extra cover fielder in place, no point in playing the shot. If you time the shot a bit early or a tad late the shot follows a slightly different arc but the shot is not a well timed one.

Same is the case with playing through mid wicket. A well timed clip goes through the Square Leg or Forward Square leg region but if you time the shot early or play an early pull shot, the ball will go through the mid wkt region but it won't be well timed and will rarely reach the boundary. Hopefully this will be addressed in DBC 17 and we will have true 360 degree shot placement and we should be able to play well timed shots anywhere based on the direction Right Stick is pointing.

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
flick through mid wicket is not there in dbc14, it plays a kind of slog when RS is pushed @ 10-11 O'Clock position

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Batting with the @francobaldo1 mod i am telling you the flick through mid wicket is there, timing is normal and it is glorious.

Whe i first get in the offside is very high risk (edgy) and it is my go to shot until confidence is high

Such a pity it cannot be enjoyed by everyone

D

Dutch

Batting with the @francobaldo1 mod i am telling you the flick through mid wicket is there, timing is normal and it is glorious.

Whe i first get in the offside is very high risk (edgy) and it is my go to shot until confidence is high

Not on pc at the mo dave: what does version two bring?

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Hope the AI releases a winning moment before hand and reacts accordingly aka match point in Tennis. Like the below picture shows the non-striker realizing the winning hit. In DBC14 the reaction was very delayed and more like queued.

indian-captain-mahendra-singh-dhoni-hits-a-six-to-win-against-sri-as-picture-id127960603

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Hope the AI releases a winning moment before hand and reacts accordingly aka match point in Tennis. Like the below picture shows the non-striker realizing the winning hit. In DBC14 the reaction was very delayed and more like queued.

indian-captain-mahendra-singh-dhoni-hits-a-six-to-win-against-sri-as-picture-id127960603
Yeah it needs to be more continuous and should be a part of the replay so that we could record such moments for memories..[DOUBLEPOST=1470991178][/DOUBLEPOST]
during run outs, lbw, caught behinds the players gives a losing gesture of turning away if he is really out, that animation needs to be removed
Actually mate the nod animation was even for not out where the batsman felt so..Have had such moments myself as well but there wasnt a balance to make it visible enough and was made into a giveaway that a wicket is gone..

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
We definitely require things which should create the feel in the pitch..Voices around the batsman to create pressure..Captain pointing a fielder to come close in to the batsman to create pressure [not like next ball field changed automatically]..Small things which make big difference...

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
We definitely require things which should create the feel in the pitch..Voices around the batsman to create pressure..Captain pointing a fielder to come close in to the batsman to create pressure [not like next ball field changed automatically]..Small things which make big difference...

I feel a more detailed crowd sound effects would create that illusion. Currently there is no character to them. The fact that home stadiums are being set this time gives hope to that fact. I also hope you can set more than one home stadium as that is the case with international teams. I wonder what the limit would be as India has around 30 international venues in use currently.

But as with neutral venues, I feel the crowd's character would really define the experience. Say an n % of crowd are in X team's jersey and waving it's flag and the another % are opposing while some are neutral. Team chants and player name chants are going to be goosebumps inducing for sure, which also means they need to be unlocked at crucial situations of the match.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I feel a more detailed crowd sound effects would create that illusion. Currently there is no character to them. The fact that home stadiums are being set this time gives hope to that fact. I also hope you can set more than one home stadium as that is the case with international teams. I wonder what the limit would be as India has around 30 international venues in use currently.

But as with neutral venues, I feel the crowd's character would really define the experience. Say an n % of crowd are in X team's jersey and waving it's flag and the another % are opposing while some are neutral. Not to say team chants and player name chants are going to be goosebumps inducing for sure, which also means they need to be unlocked at crucial situations of the match.
Crowd surely gets you that feel but I also want the fielders to give reactions instead of just clapping around [even the bowler in DBC 14 claps when a boundary is hit against his bowling]...I want the WK ooo's and ahh's along with cheering up the team with come on boys and also use of the bowler name or nickname..Imagine Dhoni's style "Oye nice bowling Ash" like that..Even in career if the career bowler bowling gets reaction from WK mainly and also the fielders around as well using the names in the academy..

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360

As someone who mostly bats in 14 is this mod worth checking out?

Users who are viewing this thread