Cricket Academy Version 0.0.77 Discussion

But wasn't the point of releasing the Academy early such that people would do this work pre-release such that it's all ready to go when the game is out?

i can't speak for big ant, but i would assume rather it is primarily for testing, feedback on new features/layouts/UX; getting day one assets in to the community, the community goodwill / buzz etc. are obviously benefits, but i would think the testing etc. is the primary reason.

i'd also question how much value e.g. a player made in early versions of the beta is to the actual game. DBC14 was full of players made early before equipment, skills etc. was opened up. when you got one of those in your downloaded team it was an utter ball ache. unless the creators are going back and adding more with each update - which the vast majority certainly didn't in DBC14 - a player (or wehatever) made in an early release isn't really "available" anyway.

It's not often the public would get to see this side of development - there will be annoying setbacks like this throughout, usually put right pretty quickly but you'd usually never see those.

By participating in a Beta you do open yourself up to taking part in the highs AND lows, and stuff like this will happen. It's very frustrating, but the benefits of this approach will outstrip the demerits in the end. You just have to accept that there will be bumps in the road: the only way to avoid them is to sit out and wait, but the REAL HEROES are those that take some of these for the team, and I salute them. :)

At least there trying to fix it. I did try to make a new stadium today but as I was laying out the road it crashed again. It was a lot of work but I'll certainly try again if need be. I am impressed by the real world stadiums waraa and others have done but I love the fiction grounds most of all. It's great to see how cricket fans around the world see and feel cricket.

DBC14 went pretty much without a hitch, I thought DBC17 would get there too without data loss, we're extremely sorry whenever anyone loses their work :(

If you make sure you backup to The Academy servers then it is almost guaranteed that you will not suffer data loss.

I wanted to back up the lost 4 grounds which I am fine losing it but the previous version had a bug where the upload was not happening @BigAntStudios . If I share the stadium it was automatically unshared when we restart the DBC Academy

I'm disappointed wid dbc 17 because it has similar shots of dbc 14 only helicopter added. they need to some shots like upper cut, paddle sweep, switch hit, dil scop etc. and also improve 360 degree.We love to play different shots in cricket

Shots you mentioned will still be present. Don't comment without playing the final built.

I'm disappointed wid dbc 17 because it has similar shots of dbc 14 only helicopter added. they need to some shots like upper cut, paddle sweep, switch hit, dil scop etc. and also improve 360 degree.We love to play different shots in cricket

What about the Smith shot?

gameplay wise game looks really good as of now...only thing is I find it difficult to play shots to the extra cover region in the academy...hope its fixed in the final built..thanks :)

465090_20161104134845_1.png

I played to with LS UP AND RS (2 o clock) and the ball going towards long off :(

I played to with LS UP AND RS (2 o clock) and the ball going towards long off

A lot depends on the controller you're using. Which one is yours?

gameplay wise game looks really good as of now...only thing is I find it difficult to play shots to the extra cover region in the academy...hope its fixed in the final built..thanks :)

View attachment 175331

I played to with LS UP AND RS (2 o clock) and the ball going towards long off :(
I have seen cover drives going in that region in the gameplay video..So would say it is covered in the final version..

Users who are viewing this thread