DBC17 Blobset Tools

suddyz

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Right, I've managed to mod a jersey without using the in game editor. Did this purely by editing the DDS file. I've just put together a NZ's women's jersey (Which is a relatively simple jersey as I'm no expert at modding jerseys as I didn't even do this for DBC 14). One thing I struggled with was getting the colour correct. The Ford Logo should be blue but I can't get it to turn blue. Maybe this is an issue with the layers as I did the whole front of the jersey as one layer so was bound by one colour when changing the pattern colour in game.

My overall thoughts about modding the DDS file directly is that the logos and textures look to be at a reasonable resolution when compared to using the in game academy SVG method. Also this seemed a lot more straight forward then using the in game editor in my opinion.

hQdBLjM.png

B

Bigby Wolf

Right, I've managed to mod a jersey without using the in game editor. Did this purely by editing the DDS file. I've just put together a NZ's women's jersey (Which is a relatively simple jersey as I'm no expert at modding jerseys as I didn't even do this for DBC 14). One thing I struggled with was getting the colour correct. The Ford Logo should be blue but I can't get it to turn blue. Maybe this is an issue with the layers as I did the whole front of the jersey as one layer so was bound by one colour when changing the pattern colour in game.

My overall thoughts about modding the DDS file directly is that the logos and textures look to be at a reasonable resolution when compared to using the in game academy SVG method. Also this seemed a lot more straight forward then using the in game editor in my opinion.

hQdBLjM.png
Nice try !

suddyz

Club Captain
Also just so everyone is aware the jersey is supposed to be pink! I've not screwed up the colour on that at least!

RbMx58o.jpg

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

hQdBLjM.png
Are you willing to share what we need to do to get that to work.

suddyz

Club Captain
Of course, all I did was edit the following file: "uniform_custom_female_tops_full_01_col_1.dds" in the directory of C:\xxxx\DBC17Mods\characters\tops\textures (xxxx = Directory where you installed the Blobset tool). There are 4 versions of the file so "uniform_custom_female_tops_full_01_col_2.dds", 3 & 4. Each for different sizes and resolutions. The edited file looks like this:

LfzNGUO.png

Bluebagger

International Coach
Looks pretty good @suddyz i was giving jerseys a go over the weekend but wasn't getting the sizing right

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Whats the easiest way to revert to the "original" Blobset?

suddyz

Club Captain
Whats the easiest way to revert to the "original" Blobset?
I took a copy of my original blobset as advised by @Wouldubeinta . I had to revert back to this a couple of times due to trial and error editing gone wrong. Failing that you can try and validate your game files with steam and this should trigger a 4gb download of the blobset file.

Wouldubeinta

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I took a copy of my original blobset as advised by @Wouldubeinta . I had to revert back to this a couple of times due to trial and error editing gone wrong. Failing that you can try and validate your game files with steam and this should trigger a 4gb download of the blobset file.
I should of mention this before. The problem is when you have created a blobset with the modded files, then delete a file from the mod folder. You will need to revert back to the original "data-0.blobset.pc" file, before creating a new blobset file.

suddyz

Club Captain
Here's another modded jersey using direct DDS editing rather than the in game editor. I think that this certainly seems the way to go given the limitations of the in game editor with regards to detail and resolution. The first 2 images are doing a comparison in game and the final 2 screenshots are just of the newly edited jersey I have done. Please bear with me as mentioned in my earlier posts that my creations are pretty basic and that I'm hardly an expert. I'm sure that there are far more capable people than me who could create some really amazing jerseys.

fUbgkD9.jpg

Dh11yl7.jpg

9RWHgj1.jpg

zHsajdN.png

B

Bigby Wolf

Here's another modded jersey using direct DDS editing rather than the in game editor. I think that this certainly seems the way to go given the limitations of the in game editor with regards to detail and resolution. The first 2 images are doing a comparison in game and the final 2 screenshots are just of the newly edited jersey I have done. Please bear with me as mentioned in my earlier posts that my creations are pretty basic and that I'm hardly an expert. I'm sure that there are far more capable people than me who could create some really amazing jerseys.

fUbgkD9.jpg

Dh11yl7.jpg

9RWHgj1.jpg

zHsajdN.png
Great stuff man!

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Great stuff @suddyz
Direct dds modding is great in terms of quality and though it was a pain, I loved it for DBC 14. Will look forward to work around it. :)
My first blobset creator attempt was a mess and now I'm downloading 4GB of the game on steam! :(

suddyz

Club Captain
Great stuff @suddyz
Direct dds modding is great in terms of quality and though it was a pain, I loved it for DBC 14. Will look forward to work around it. :)
My first blobset creator attempt was a mess and now I'm downloading 4GB of the game on steam! :(

Yeah I went through that painful process as well. I've learned to keep a spare copy of the blobset file backed up in another directory. I think we are only just scratching the surface of what's possible with regards to modding. As with any direct editing the higher the resolution of the resource being used the better the result. On the Kings XI Punjab logo I could only get an image quality of 300 x 300 but with the indented lion on the bottom front of the jersey I managed to get an image quality of about 500 x 500 and you can see the difference in the end product. For the HTC logo I manage to get a 5k resolution image but that was such a simple logo and it scales really well so was probably not worth it LOL.

Last edited:

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yeah I went through that painful process as well. I've learned to keep a spare copy of the blobset file backed up in another directory. I think we are only just scratching the surface of what's possible with regards to modding. As with any direct editing the higher the resolution of the resource being used the better the result. On the Kings XI Punjab logo I could only get an image quality of 300 x 300 but with the indented lion on the bottom front of the jersey I managed to get an image quality of about 500 x 500 and you can see the difference in the end product. For the HTC logo I manage to get a 5k resolution image but that was such a simple logo and it scales really well so was probably not worth it LOL.

Use this if you like. It's huge.

kingsxi.png

Users who are viewing this thread