Please answer this Qs

Xobii

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am playing DBC 17 after a small hiatus. I dont know what is wrong. Bowling was so much fun. I cant seem to get edges anymore. No matter how good the bowler is and how bad the batsman is. Is it just me or is the game over compensating for the Cover drive

Xobii

School Cricketer
The upcoming patch remedies this to a great degree.
Thanks for the reply. So i am right in assuming that this is the case right? No more edges?
Ill wait for the patch then

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Edges have been a problem in the oast and the game has been very up and diwn in terms of when you get edges while bowling; too many when batting and not enough when bowling....a much better balance has been found

The thing is that good bowling with a moving ball should lead to edges. The problem currently is that it's almost impossible not to bowl well (even on hardest difficulty) and the ball always moves. So they're either left with having to make edges rare even with good bowling or the player getting wickets every over. Removing the ability to miss your length really led to this situation I feel, one of the more bizarre decisions by Big Ant for sure.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The ball moves a lot too nig much subtle movement

Alberts

International Coach
Edges have been a problem in the oast and the game has been very up and diwn in terms of when you get edges while bowling; too many when batting and not enough when bowling....a much better balance has been found

Out of curiosity, has much been done in terms of the control of length issue?

D

Dutch

Out of curiosity, has much been done in terms of the control of length issue?
As I understand it This is hardcoded into the game and is much more difficult to address however bowling on the whole has been improved vastly.....we raised this issue at the beginning of the beta but it will need a massive overhaul of the whole game and that was outside the scope of this beta

D

Dutch

I have found tgat by turning off all bowling hud indicators it takes much more skill to put the ball where you want it and you can vary length by releasing earlier or latert and using the bumper buttons

Alberts

International Coach
I have found tgat by turning off all bowling hud indicators it takes much more skill to put the ball where you want it and you can vary length by releasing earlier or latert and using the bumper buttons

So input timing now has a larger impact? That's good to hear, this was part of the problem before. The input timing had a negligible impact on the length.

Busstop10

School Cricketer
Hi, I don't know if this should go on this discussion but when I play career mode all the teams only play in their T20 kits in all competitions how do I fix this?

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hi, I don't know if this should go on this discussion but when I play career mode all the teams only play in their T20 kits in all competitions how do I fix this?
Console or PC? consoles been fixed in next patch

Users who are viewing this thread