Steam update for DBC17 released

Mr Snrub

International Coach
One thing I have to ask any PC users is whether or not the issue of balls seemingly not being able to stop short of the boundary has been fixed? Was certainly the case on console from Patch 3.

What would happen is that if you hit the ball through the field (fielder around the 30m ring), that the ball would fairly often begin slowing but never actually continue to slow or stop, the fielder would turn and chase and despite it looking it was going to stop short of the rope, it'd keep rolling and rolling and the fielder would never get to it, nor would it stop. Sort've as if friction from the ground and grass could only have so much effect and not actually stop the ball.

Wasn't a rare instance either, it happened quite a bit and some mates playing me said it looked like the ball was like a pool ball running across a table, just too much momentum to be real. Does this still look like this, or do they stop or get reeled in by fielders now?

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Playing with the update and it's fantastic!
I have one issue to point out about fielding at the moment! They are fast, quick, chase the ball well but reluctant to dive. Once in a while for some fancy catch or fielding, they execute those dive and slides but I've not seen the genuine approach to dive and stop an out of reach ball, ever. Is this something being worked upon?

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Can anyone confirm post patch, if I delete a custom stadium, will it delete all the associated logos with it? I'm on pc and it doesn't look like it did. Require some attention here if possible!

In addition, will it be possible to overwrite the existing stadiums and thus the logos? I've downloaded RCB with Chinnaswamy stadium and then downloaded India with another Chinnaswamy, resulting two copies of the same ground. If this can be tweaked, it'll be a great help towards optimisation!

Thank you!

FollowOn

Club Captain
I have just quit after another Brute player blockathon (Buttler 5 (32)) after Jennings played a most dynamic innings. (Unfortunately my game crashed when I got the screenshot of him getting bowled so he resumed and started smashing it everywhere).

I am wondering whether it has anything to do with me playing on Pro? I will try a match on Veteran and see if I can get the results everyone else is seeing. I use the same field settings for everyone.

It was a great clean bowled though, so that clearly works. Whether I see one in Veteran mode, well we will see.

@blockerdave what difficulty were you on when you saw those encouraging results in the Aussie rebel tour team?
I thought only male with periods are allowed to say the word dynamic.[DOUBLEPOST=1493910925][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw add to my misery my motherboard got busted and may arrive (or not) after 15 days or otherwise i have to buy another one

rohit3d2003

School Cricketer
Sorry if this has already been answered but is this the right time to delete the profile and start fresh or should I wait for more updates to start a new career.

If the update has already fixed the existing career, I don't have to delete it

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Sorry if this has already been answered but is this the right time to delete the profile and start fresh or should I wait for more updates to start a new career.

If the update has already fixed the existing career, I don't have to delete it
You don't have to. Updates are working flawlessly with existing career.

rohit3d2003

School Cricketer
Should I update the teams 'Get Best' to correct the line up or just stick with what I have and the dynamic line up takes care of that

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Playing with the update and it's fantastic!
I have one issue to point out about fielding at the moment! They are fast, quick, chase the ball well but reluctant to dive. Once in a while for some fancy catch or fielding, they execute those dive and slides but I've not seen the genuine approach to dive and stop an out of reach ball, ever. Is this something being worked upon?
I've seen some spectular fielding but usually from the AI. Maybe it's to do with player skills.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
DBC 17 initial release did had bugs and I with other kept on criticizing Big Ant on this, but after 4th patch I must say Big Ant is really a customer friendly company and wish them all the best for future titles

For your information, the update that you just downloaded isn't patch 4.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've had a bit of a disappointing test with the new build on Veteran. Although the silver lining being I have finally seen some difference in the attributes (probably because I am now playing on Veteran)

Bowling at the AI
Crumbling, Cracked, Worn, Soft Pitch

259vafs.jpg

Method of dismissal

Jennings - Caught hooking in the air at square leg
Cook - Bat pad catch driving spinner
Moeen - Bat pad catch driving spinner
Root - Caught slogging at deep cover
Stokes - LBW going back glancing the spinner
Buttler -Bat pad catch driving spinner
Bairstow - Bat pad catch driving spinner
Woakes - Bat pad catch driving spinner
Broad - Lofting catch in inner circle
Anderson - Caught at slip driving

Points to ponder

- Had a rain delay but no animation
- Far too many lofted shots and careless batting for the first morning of a test.
- Only about two played and missed during the whole innings, and no sign of a bowled. A couple of wraps on the pads.
- Far too many bat pad dismissals and all while on the drive.

Cook and Jennings were conservative
Root was balanced
Ali and Woakes were precise
Bairstow and Broad were aggressive
Buttler and Stokes were brute

Maybe it was the difficult pitch, I'll have a play tomorrow on something more green.

Last edited:

tarangmht

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thank you Big Ants for the regular updates, its surely making the game much more enjoyable.

As per today's patch note i see that an option to copy uniforms has been added within team manager. I am curious if there is an option to download/copy only uniforms from the academy if not it would be a great addition. As lots of new kits are being shared on a regular basis and as a user i would like to download a certain kit without having to let go off the current one and also without having to download the entire team with players which would change my team which i may have customized.

eg : the new champions trophy kits are uploaded but to download them i will have to download the entire team and it will also replace my regular uniforms. If possible please add an option in the academy to download only uniform.

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I've had a bit of a disappointing test with the new build on Veteran. Although the silver lining being I have finally seen some difference in the attributes (probably because I am now playing on Veteran)

Bowling at the AI
Crumbling, Cracked, Worn, Soft Pitch

259vafs.jpg

Method of dismissal

Jennings - Caught hooking in the air at square leg
Cook - Bat pad catch driving spinner
Moeen - Bat pad catch driving spinner
Root - Caught slogging at deep cover
Stokes - LBW going back glancing the spinner
Buttler -Bat pad catch driving spinner
Bairstow - Bat pad catch driving spinner
Woakes - Bat pad catch driving spinner
Broad - Lofting catch in inner circle
Anderson - Caught at slip driving

Points to ponder

- Had a rain delay but no animation
- Far too many lofted shots and careless batting for the first morning of a test.
- Only about two played and missed during the whole innings, and no sign of a bowled. A couple of wraps on the pads.
- Far too many bat pad dismissals and all while on the drive.

Maybe it was the difficult pitch, I'll have a play tomorrow on something more green.

Would almost guarantee the bat pads are because of the pitch. I have had the same.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Would almost guarantee the bat pads are because of the pitch. I have had the same.

Good to know, that makes it slightly more believable. I'll have a go on something greener and maybe I can beat the bat more.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
More boring stuff about field settings from the AI. Please skip if you don't care.

I've discovered a field setting called 'Pace Inner Ring'. It kept popping up in an ODI and I've seen it in a T20 and it was really bugging me. The tactic is 'balanced' and match type 'any form'. It feels so out of place in an ODI and definitely in a T20 (other than maybe defending 1 run in the last over.)

From looking at the fields in the editor and my experience of playing matches it seems that more often than not 'Balanced' fields are being used. This is whether you are scoring at 10 an over or 6. I know field settings are largely a matter of opinion but these Balanced fields predominantly have 3 men outside the circle. In T20s this feels far too attacking and for the most part it does ODI even between 11-40 overs. There's no real problem with the fields but it creates a huge imbalance when from the end of a powerplay you can put four or five men out but the AI is picking fields with three.

I really think the 'Balanced' fields need to be changed or how a 'Balanced' situation is determined in the T20 and One Day matches is altered. OR please let us edit\delete them ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread