MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Big Ant Studios, Australia’s premier sports video game developer, has today announced Ashes Cricket. Developed in close collaboration with Cricket Australia, it is the most realistic and authentic recreation of the sport ever created. Ashes Cricket will feature real cricketers, battling it out on real grounds, right from the comfort of your lounge room and will be available on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC in November this year.

Ashes Cricket, the first cricket game from Big Ant to be fully licensed, utilises their celebrated photogrammetry technology, which enables photo-real likenesses of the complete men’s and women’s Australian and English cricket teams to be rendered in-game. Added to the fully licensed stadiums, recreated in stunning detail, players will feel like they’re right there on the field as they play.

“There is no competition in cricket that has the heritage and prestige of the Ashes competition” Big Ant CEO, Ross Symons, said. “We’ve worked hard to build on our existing experience with cricket to deliver a truly realistic game of cricket to our fans.”

For players that are looking for a break from the heat of the Commonwealth Bank Women’s Ashes and Magellan Men’s Ashes competitions, all the much-loved features from Big Ant’s sports games will also make a return to Ashes Cricket. Players will be able to create their own players, teams, stadiums and logos. They’ll also be able to create their own competitions and types of matches, from a short, furious five over match, right through to extended, multi-nation Test match tours.

Additionally, players will be able to enjoy a comprehensive career mode that allows them to take their own customised junior cricketer all the way to the ultimate dream; captaining their country to Ashes victory.

“Time and time again players tell us the feature they love most about our cricket games is the deep customisation options” Symons said. “We have produced a true Ashes Cricket game, through and through, but we’ve also made sure that our heritage in sports games remains true”.

“Cricket Australia’s new strategy recognises the growing role that gaming can play in reaching younger fans, and by working with the likes of Big Ant to develop products that meet this need we are positioning ourselves as leaders in the cricket gaming space globally,” said Cricket Australia CEO, James Sutherland. “The anticipation for the summer of cricket is building and this game will give our fans another way to be a part of the cricket excitement.”

ECB Commercial Director Sanjay Patel said: “We want cricket to be relevant and accessible to the e-sports generation, helping us develop an even bigger nationwide following for the game at every level.

“Ashes Cricket has been designed to be as life-like and authentic as possible. It’s the ideal way for fans to recreate all the excitement and tension of a real-life Ashes contest in their own living rooms.”

Ashes Cricket will be available on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC in November this year. Pre-orders are now open!

Ashes Cricket announced!

Attachments

• Australia_Women_ODI_Perry_Fielding_1.png
    Australia_Women_ODI_Perry_Fielding_1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 131
  • England_Men_Test_Baristow_1.png
    England_Men_Test_Baristow_1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 144
  • Australia_Men_Test_Warner_Batting_1-1.png
    Australia_Men_Test_Warner_Batting_1-1.png
    513.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Australia_Men_Test_Lyon_Fielding_1.png
    Australia_Men_Test_Lyon_Fielding_1.png
    397.7 KB · Views: 117

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW my only question, which I have asked everywhere, "...pre-orders are now open!" Where is it?

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Can someone please confirm how this differs from DB17? is Ashes Cricket really DB18 but with an Ashes (and official) focus or just a pure Ashes Only focus, with no single player mode, etc?

I gotta be honest - when i saw 'Ashes Cricket' i had flashbacks of the game we do not speak of lol.

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Im not excited about this game, Im just happy BA have weathered the storm of there previous games, shown there more than capable in the process, and now they've got a fantastic opportunity to work with world class players and world leading cricket boards. A truly pioneering effort!!! They deserve a massive congrats! I'll rest easy now knowing the future of cricket gaming is in good hands!!! I mean surely maxwell and smith will have some decent ideas to tap into and surely this means BA are at the front of the line for any future licensed series/competition/tournament games in the near future!!! Well done BA!!... You bloody legends!!!

angad

Chairman of Consent
Am confused. Saw a video of Maxwell doing some MoCap work and within that article it was mentioned that Australian Bowling Actions were recreated...but then the trailer shows Starc running in and bowling with the DBC17 action (and the palm ball release ;)).

Hopefully we get more info and videos soon :D.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
Huge.

Just saw a video of maxwell doing mocap on the cricket Australia. So hopefully we can pick different batting/bowling styles. Could just be a re work of the original animations though we'll see.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Im not excited about this game, Im just happy BA have weathered the storm of there previous games, shown there more than capable in the process, and now they've got a fantastic opportunity to work with world class players and world leading cricket boards. A truly pioneering effort!!! They deserve a massive congrats! I'll rest easy now knowing the future of cricket gaming is in good hands!!! I mean surely maxwell and smith will have some decent ideas to tap into and surely this means BA are at the front of the line for any future licensed series/competition/tournament games in the near future!!! Well done BA!!... You bloody legends!!!

Well I'm not surprised to be honest. As soon as the first DBC game was released, one knew BigAnt is a special group and that they will take Cricket Gaming to greater heights! The only question I had in my mind was whether they would persist with the sport, which they did with the release of DBC17.

Am so so so very glad and excited about this partnership with the Australian Board! They truly deserved it!

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Am so so so very glad and excited about this partnership with the Australian Board! They truly deserved it!
And the ecb haha! And thrn hopefully the rest at some stage, just so they can say they've done what no other developers could ever do - unite the whole cricketing world!!

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Big news! The game is not just a basic Ashes Cricket game (like previous ashes games) but also includes the typical Big Ant features like Career mode, logo creation, stadium creation etc..

I'm glad that this is another collaboration by CA with BigAnt. With all the ashes 'materials' like players, stadium etc.. are licensed, the game itself seems promising with its first trailer.

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Would be interested to know if the new Perth stadium will be in the game, there is a one dayer in January between Australia and England that is still to be decided whether it's being played at the WACA or the new Perth Stadium

Users who are viewing this thread