How are you doing in your career?

estmsm

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
24 other matches, averaging 75 with the bat, yet no call ups or offers, still grinding it out at club level :D

So far, I have set hardest difficulty in the gameplay modifiers, but set foot work selection, shot selection etc options to 0 lol, but set the batting difficulty to easy. It has been really easy, almost 6 off every ball.
Which difficulty level can offer much realistic gameplay?

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
24 other matches, averaging 75 with the bat, yet no call ups or offers, still grinding it out at club level :D

So far, I have set hardest difficulty in the gameplay modifiers, but set foot work selection, shot selection etc options to 0 lol, but set the batting difficulty to easy. It has been really easy, almost 6 off every ball.
Which difficulty level can offer much realistic gameplay?

Can you post a screenshot of your selection status page?

kulch

Club Captain
I've started off had 3 matches. I found my player is alot darker on game day compared to the academy. Like he fell asleep in a solarium. Also my first ever innings of got out for 37 but the stat's said my HS 37* (not out). Then for every innings I reach my highest score I get the not out asterisk. I've never had a not out. I don't believe it is impacting stats apart from true highest score but it's annoying.

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
Has anyone tried playing in career mode as Wicket Keeper yet? I am curious to see what it is like in this new version. I never played 17 so mostly wondering if there are more opportunities for XP. When you don't bowl in 14 the XP comes pretty slow if you have a few bad innings at bat.

I am also wondering if the views are better. In 14 you often have the a slip between you and the camera when a spinner is bowling. Makes it much harder to spot LBWs etc.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I've started off had 3 matches. I found my player is alot darker on game day compared to the academy. Like he fell asleep in a solarium. Also my first ever innings of got out for 37 but the stat's said my HS 37* (not out). Then for every innings I reach my highest score I get the not out asterisk. I've never had a not out. I don't believe it is impacting stats apart from true highest score but it's annoying.
already reported

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Ok I didnt thought I will be saying this but this game career mode is the best one can get in cricket games that include management games like Cricket captain and Cricket Coach games , let me fill you with a interesting little story , so I made couple of club teams with players having age bracket b/w 16-21 with their ovrall attributes b/w early 60s to mid 60s with one player from each club having 70 ovrall rating and then I started a career mode with objective of only simulating as far as I can in order to view how the world changes around , how the players develop / regress , getting selected to bigger teams and playing world t20 and world cup , ( I thought that like DBC17 its only your career player who can get improved and getting these things going for him) but glad I was so wrong , after simulating to year 2024 I just checked my club team whom I was representing and one word I was ASTONISHED!!!! all the players in my club have improved so much the one who was 70 was now 96 ovrall , captaining the national side and had a terrific batting career going around at the tender age of 26 , more interestingly all the players improved at a different rate depending upon their performance , couple of players were still in the late 60s (they started at early 60s) while one player who started at early 60s was now 84 thanks to some incredible performances , they all played T20 leagues and FC cricket and some are now permanent fixture of their national side (one even captaining Pakistan) , more over they changed T20 teams as well , like in one season they represent Multan and in next Karachi , more over the star players Kohli , Root etc have now regressed as well.

The only thing I wanted to see is their career stats in statistics tab (not just in match when they come out to bat and bowl) and improved AI logic in selecting playing XI , I will give this game a 10/10 simply the best career mode cricket game in the history of cricket games.

kulch

Club Captain
Does anyone know what the difference is in xp and sp. Xp they give you after match and yet sp is what u can spend on attributes. But nowhere does it detail what u did and how u earned the sp after a given performance. I'm seeing a mixed bag of sp given, it does seem to be performance based so far but not entirely sure yet.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Anyone else finding they are getting pumped in the 50 over format of club cricket? Just played 3 matches of 50 over on Veteran Medium (bowling). Took 1 wicket and went for over 6 in all the matches. Probably got hit for around 8-9 sixes too.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Batting wise, some of the shots I play are quite good. But I am changing the difficulty to bring some more realism. My main career is as an all rounder, RHB and LS batting and bowling respectively. But due to first class being the career matches now in the beginning, I got a bit bored. So, now started a new Batting only career.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Batting wise, some of the shots I play are quite good. But I am changing the difficulty to bring some more realism. My main career is as an all rounder, RHB and LS batting and bowling respectively. But due to first class being the career matches now in the beginning, I got a bit bored. So, now started a new Batting only career.

What I did to avoid playing too much club cricket was sim most of the games after enjoying the new game for a bit whilst on easiest selection option. I got selected for Shield cricket after 2 season in club cricket rated around 50 for my batting allrounder. The step up was really tricky , took me a while to get a 50 and bowling was being punished too , now in 4th season and averaging about 35 with both bat and ball. I've set selection back to normal , and no sign of any international call ups !! really enjoying the game , a decent challenge on hard settings

Reactions: DAP

Users who are viewing this thread