Bowling tips

N Jones

Club Captain

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I'm mixing things up with standard then out swinger the a few off cutters then the odd yorker. I also don't change my field's as often as the AI do..perhaps that's the problem

I would suggest just keeping a stock ball, either full for a hard pitch or good on a softer pitch. Bowl 5 an over and use one ball with swing or a Yorker. If you get a batsman missing and it hits the pads but not lbw try a in or out swinger afternas they’ll be rattled or a bouncer.

Yes fields are important. Depends how the batsman are hitting it and where you’re delivering. @Rumple43 gives an explination one page 1 about this.

I always bowl outside of off stump so have catchers and covers.

N Jones

Club Captain
I would suggest just keeping a stock ball, either full for a hard pitch or good on a softer pitch. Bowl 5 an over and use one ball with swing or a Yorker. If you get a batsman missing and it hits the pads but not lbw try a in or out swinger afternas they’ll be rattled or a bouncer.

Yes fields are important. Depends how the batsman are hitting it and where you’re delivering. @Rumple43 gives an explination one page 1 about this.

I always bowl outside of off stump so have catchers and covers.
Thanks for your help..just finished that one day match and actually won it.I've noticed that by me flicking the right stick forward harder it seems to get results. Bit strange and I was quite surprised

N Jones

Club Captain
Struggling in an Ashes test though..England (me)scored 639 all out..currently Australia are 304-1..I am trying my hardest

N Jones

Club Captain
Oh I had a test like that. Ended up a draw as the wicket just didn’t do anything.
I've been moving the seem to the sides for the cutters..do you ever move the seem to the bottom..does it do anything..?..I'm finding they are hitting me for six off yorkers..!!!

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I've been moving the seem to the sides for the cutters..do you ever move the seem to the bottom..does it do anything..?..I'm finding they are hitting me for six off yorkers..!!!

Yeah later on I’d do a seam straight down as it would turn the shiny side around, but on standard deliveries though.

I don’t use a Yorker that often. Maybe once every few overs if I’m not getting anything as you can hit off them as there’s no seam.

Funnily enough I’m doing my first test with this patchy now as Eng v New Znd and they went to over 200 without a loss of wicket as the pitch did nothing. Currently I know have them at 380-8. The new ball got me 4 wickets.

Again this was just patients. Keeping a good length just off of off stump and throwing 1 different ball every over. Although the openers weakness was pull shots and I placed a few more bouncers and got him that way.

intrancer

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Seam points to first slip or leg slip depending on out our inswing: so around 10 or 11 o clock indeed. Hopefully through the beta this can become more useful

when activating seam control what does the white arrow around the ball mean for standard, out/inswing

intrancer

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
"Seam control"? What's all that about?

you hold the the LS a bit longer when selecting delivery ie when pushing LS up for standard delivery hold it for a second or more longer

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
you hold the the LS a bit longer when selecting delivery ie when pushing LS up for standard delivery hold it for a second or more longer

Thanks bud. I've realised now that this swing function is available on the "classic" bowling system only. I was using the face buttons for bowling deliveries but I reckon that the classic bowling system (right analogue stick) might be better for allowing more bowling variety. Gonna do the bowling tutorial again.

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
Has anyone tried bowling the 'bouncer' delivery from a fast/medium bowler but choose a full or yorker length to go with it?
It sounds weird but I reckon this ball foxes batsmen (on the difficulty that I play on anyway) and I like to use it on the last ball of the over. Can sometimes bowl a nice tight over.....5 dot balls.....but AI batsmen nearly always get the last ball to the boundary. This yorker bouncer can maybe address this.

shery_rsa

Club Captain
Its impossible to get wickets in this game i almost tried all variations and different deliveries but its so hard to get them out , need best tips

rasdan

Club Captain
Its impossible to get wickets in this game i almost tried all variations and different deliveries but its so hard to get them out , need best tips

well this how i play.First of all be patient,try bowling 5 standard deliveries per over then bowl an in or outswinger or bouncer a the end of the over.think about how you want to set your field and then bowl according to the field setting.Dont feel the need to use the same bowlers just because they are higher rated than another.bowl each bowler in 4-5 over spells,keep rotating.

Users who are viewing this thread