Bowling tips

Rick L

School Cricketer
Q: How do you take the new ball?

im on XBOX ONE, the "i" information msg comes up telling me but as yet havent worked out how?

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Press up on the D-Pad and then press Y. It’s first on the list when you get the new ball option.

N Jones

Club Captain
no when picking the length u either do buttons only, OR R1, L1+button for length, once length is selected you carry on running holding R2 or L2 if you wish
Oh right...I'll give that a try tomorrow and report back..thanks

N Jones

Club Captain
no when picking the length u either do buttons only, OR R1, L1+button for length, once length is selected you carry on running holding R2 or L2 if you wish
I'm getting confused now as some people are saying to use L1 R1 after I've chosen type of delivery and length with buttons and hold either L or R as I'm running in..it's a pity I can't practice bowl against a batsman rather than just in the nets

N Jones

Club Captain
I'm getting confused now as some people are saying to use L1 R1 after I've chosen type of delivery and length with buttons and hold either L or R as I'm running in..it's a pity I can't practice bowl against a batsman rather than just in the nets
I think I'm reading posts wrong...I'm going to try all the advice given tomorrow and see what's what..thanks everyone..if I can finally get this right I'll enjoy the game a whole lot more

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@N Jones yeah it’s confusing as I’m on Xbox so different buttons.

L2 - slows the delivery down

R2 - speeds the delivery up

L1 - shortens the delivery (brings it further away from the batsman)

R1 - lengthens the delivery (takes it closest roll the batsman)

So yes using the two L buttons or R buttons at the same time seems odd and you have change how you hold the controller a bit I find.

I tend to hold each button different lengths of time. I assumed it works on a scale, the longer you hold it the greater the input.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
@N Jones yeah it’s confusing as I’m on Xbox so different buttons.

L2 - slows the delivery down

R2 - speeds the delivery up

L1 - shortens the delivery (brings it further away from the batsman)

R1 - lengthens the delivery (takes it closest roll the batsman)

So yes using the two L buttons or R buttons at the same time seems odd and you have change how you hold the controller a bit I find.

I tend to hold each button different lengths of time. I assumed it works on a scale, the longer you hold it the greater the input.
No you dont have to be a contortionist, and no there is no scale.....

its simple L1 and R1 are length MODIFIERS, ie they modify the default button lengths (ie slight shorter or slightly longer than the default pick) so... when u are ready to bowl you decide "Where do I want to bowl it. Select the type of delivery.... then Select the length... either the button only or the modifier (L1 or R1) PLUS the default length button at the same time. OK length is now selected, the bowler runs in... at this point you can alter the speed of delivery R2, L2 (or if you are really good, change the length again in the same manner as before he started running up)... and then right stick to bowl ball.... its not that complicated is it? :)

jaraarrow

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
L 1 lengthens the delivery, r1 shortens it[DOUBLEPOST=1520840525][/DOUBLEPOST]Can I ask how far do you turn the bowling hud to get most swing?I have been turning mine to 12 a clock, or should it be around 10 a clock?

D

Dutch

L 1 lengthens the delivery, r1 shortens it[DOUBLEPOST=1520840525][/DOUBLEPOST]Can I ask how far do you turn the bowling hud to get most swing?I have been turning mine to 12 a clock, or should it be around 10 a clock?
Seam points to first slip or leg slip depending on out our inswing: so around 10 or 11 o clock indeed. Hopefully through the beta this can become more useful

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Cool wasn’t sure if it was a scale but that clears that up :)

I personally find when you select the swing 9 o’clock or 3 o’clock gives the most swing and a slower ball.

N Jones

Club Captain
No you dont have to be a contortionist, and no there is no scale.....

its simple L1 and R1 are length MODIFIERS, ie they modify the default button lengths (ie slight shorter or slightly longer than the default pick) so... when u are ready to bowl you decide "Where do I want to bowl it. Select the type of delivery.... then Select the length... either the button only or the modifier (L1 or R1) PLUS the default length button at the same time. OK length is now selected, the bowler runs in... at this point you can alter the speed of delivery R2, L2 (or if you are really good, change the length again in the same manner as before he started running up)... and then right stick to bowl ball.... its not that complicated is it? :)
Brilliant thanks..I've obviously been doing something wrong coz I've just had Australia score over 950 in 2 innings n have only taken 6 wickets

Users who are viewing this thread