You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello People,
Sorry if this has already been posted on this forum. I went for a basic search but didn't find one, so here it is. I just got through this video from PAX AUS 2018 where Ross is heard discussing about a possible sequel to Ashes cricket that would be released next year. It would be having the following:

1. Better stadium Creator
2. Better Logo Creator
3. Licensed squads of England and Australia. etc...

He said it will be a big update to cricket games after DBC14.

Here: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/paul-james/dev-diary/e/57553300

Play the audio from 51 minutes.

Thanks. :)

Manish.

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello People,
Sorry if this has already been posted on this forum. I went for a basic search but didn't find one, so here it is. I just got through this video from PAX AUS 2018 where Ross is heard discussing about a possible sequel to Ashes cricket that would be released next year. It would be having the following:

1. Better stadium Creator
2. Better Logo Creator
3. Licensed squads of England and Australia. etc...

He said it will be a big update to cricket games after DBC14.

Here: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/paul-james/dev-diary/e/57553300

Play the audio from 51 minutes.

Thanks. :)

So its update to Ashes 18 or new game. Better to go for A18 since price dropped to 280 inr on account of Christmas.

D

Deleted member 185125

So its update to Ashes 18 or new game. Better to go for A18 since price dropped to 280 inr on account of Christmas.
It's a new game. Ross did mention it will be a major update to Cricket games since dbc14.
Ashes test series is scheduled to start August 2019, so the game could be released around that time. But world cup starting around May, we might see an early release.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
It's a new game. Ross did mention it will be a major update to Cricket games since dbc14.
Ashes test series is scheduled to start August 2019, so the game could be released around that time. But world cup starting around May, we might see an early release.

Early release would likely mean an unfinished game I feel, particularly based on the past few releases of games from them. Not trying to sound cynical, but it's just the way it's been.

D

Deleted member 185125

Early release would likely mean an unfinished game I feel, particularly based on the past few releases of games from them. Not trying to sound cynical, but it's just the way it's been.
It could still be an unfinished game even in August. I hope they can turn this around but looking at the state of Big bash boom is in, I can't really have my hopes high. Don't know if patching can make it (Big bash boom) any better either.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
It could still be an unfinished game even in August. I hope they can turn this around but looking at the state of Big bash boom is in, I can't really have my hopes high. Don't know if patching can make it (Big bash boom) any better either.

I'm not expecting big changes really until the first game on this apparent new game engine comes out, someone mentioned usually those sorts of things take 18 months to build, so likely won't see a game on that until 2020-21.

D

Deleted member 185125

I'm not expecting big changes really until the first game on this apparent new game engine comes out, someone mentioned usually those sorts of things take 18 months to build, so likely won't see a game on that until 2020-21.
I have not heard about the new engine being mentioned anywhere. But as per Ross' interview, the upcoming Ashes would see some significant changes compared to the last two. Then again, big bash was compared to NBA jam by bigants. The ideas are good, but lacks in execution.

ASHES_FAN

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
i would love to see the game have drama and celebrations like the big bash game.

D

Deleted member 185125

If the gameplay is good I have no problem with any of those being in the game. Let us trigger them, like PES, and if someone doesn't like them they don't have to use them.
True that. Off topic, hope I can smack one of a free hit from a spinner in the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread