Ashes Cricket 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
More than anything any future interation needs organic uncertainty in the AI batting.

I came back to game over Xmas after a long break. I bowled an over around the wicket to a left hander. Batsman left 4, defended 1 and twatted one for 4.

The 4 he left were all within inches of the top of off.

That should be a hard area to hit consistently but we need the AI to have doubt. Yes leave but we need prods, nicks and even bad leaves where it’s hitting.

In 3 iterations the only improvement in this area is now they at least shoulder arms instead of stepping out to leg.

flake

County Cricketer
Does anyone else think that PlayFace should be made to be more user friendly? It’s currently almost impossible to use and I’ve never seen a tutorial from Bigant on it either. The idea behind PF is awesome and really could make a huge difference to us if made easier to use.

greed378

Club Captain
Career mode depth + improve AI intelligence when batting (put away bad balls + don't block final over of a t20) and I'll be a happy man

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
improve AI intelligence for bowling as well.You shouldn't be able to hit 6 sixes on legend level where no bowling or fielding adjustments are made and the same delivery is bowled every ball.No excuse for this.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
More than anything any future interation needs organic uncertainty in the AI batting.

I came back to game over Xmas after a long break. I bowled an over around the wicket to a left hander. Batsman left 4, defended 1 and twatted one for 4.

The 4 he left were all within inches of the top of off.

That should be a hard area to hit consistently but we need the AI to have doubt. Yes leave but we need prods, nicks and even bad leaves where it’s hitting.

In 3 iterations the only improvement in this area is now they at least shoulder arms instead of stepping out to leg.

Isn't part of the problem with the AI batting that the runs per ball/over basically overrides everything else? I seem to remember someone from the beta group mentioning that when this was turned off the AI did nothing.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Owner of the site works for BA so assume will feedback any constructive points made

Well there you go then lol. Wasn't aware of that until now.

I'm curious to see if the claims over the next iteration being the biggest step forward since DBC 14 are true, only time will tell of course, will just be speculation until about a week or two prior to the release.

D

Deleted member 185125

New Ashes on the new Engine? Or is this for a 2020 release?

Screenshot_20190104-205438__01.jpg

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
New Ashes on the new Engine? Or is this for a 2020 release?

View attachment 216436

An Ashes this year, if it is intended for August (You'd think it would be), would want to be about finished by June. Beta mid April, Alpha start of March. Ideally.

So cutting it very fine if it's a "from scratch" graphics engine. Although not impossible depending on how it's structured.

D

Deleted member 185125

An Ashes this year, if it is intended for August (You'd think it would be), would want to be about finished by June. Beta mid April, Alpha start of March. Ideally.

So cutting it very fine if it's a "from scratch" graphics engine. Although not impossible depending on how it's structured.
Game will definitely be releasing around the Ashes time. And my guess is that it will most likely be on the new engine. However, I'm worried due to the time constraints and even more based on how Big Bash boom has turned out to be.
Beta involvement will definitely make a huge difference and hope BA will engage then from the early stages itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread