Ashes Cricket 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 185125

It might well be on the new engine. Would make sense as Ross recently said the next game will be the biggest step up in the cricket video game world since DBC14 hit.
It's not just about the money. Time is also a very important aspect. Rushing for release(date) will definitely bring in bugs

D

Deleted member 185125

It might well be on the new engine. Would make sense as Ross recently said the next game will be the biggest step up in the cricket video game world since DBC14 hit.
Agree with you. Excited to see how it will turn out Hope they can deliver what they are planning to.

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I hope the fielding will be improved and the AI will not play all the good balls towards the leg side and against the spinners unless you are bowling wide outside off, they will play you leg side with those surplus wrists.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Highly doubt it will be on a new engine, can't see them putting together a new engine from scratch that quick and then building a new game on it in less than 6 months... someone on a previous page said a standard timeline for a brand new engine is generally 18 months, I'd expect a re-skinned Ashes Cricket with some improvements from where the last game left off.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Highly doubt it will be on a new engine, can't see them putting together a new engine from scratch that quick and then building a new game on it in less than 6 months... someone on a previous page said a standard timeline for a brand new engine is generally 18 months, I'd expect a re-skinned Ashes Cricket with some improvements from where the last game left off.

They may already have a new game engine up and running - this is only a new *graphics* engine being advertised.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
good points made here who know only time will tell I am hoping that this game will release around the world cup period which is may the 30 the first game which is probably to early tbh with only 4 months I just think it would personally benefit big ant from a overseas marketing as it would attract a lot of interest in overseas as everyone will be very in gaged in the world cup and what better way would that be with a release of a cricket game but the problem is that the ashes is August so it a good couple of months for big ant but in stating that I just hope their full work can go into the game making sure they don't go setting a release date without been fully confident with the game I think in the past the problem has been they have a set a date but they have rushed into it so they don't disappoint the fans.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
As a whole I would expect the next iteration to be at a much better standard than Big Bash Boom, arcade or not, the game is full of issues. From what I understand there's a lot of issues with the current Ashes too? I got rid of it a while back after getting tired of some of the issues the game still had at the time.

In regards to marketing, that's something BA really needs to improve on, very important in the gaming industry I feel to build hype and expand your global appeal, obviously cricket isn't on the same level as football and most American based sports, but still couldn't hurt to widen the player base in other regions too.

rex007king

Club Cricketer
BA very well know what needs to be done. They're heading in good direction. Best wishes to them.
Would love to see however
  • better player models
  • replay fixed lbw; match highlights after innings
  • player celebrations and tease
  • ability to change between helmet and cap in middle of matches
  • ability to customise Bat/Grips/Stickers from within the Career mode like in DBC17 (missing in Ashes)
  • some hints/targets/goals regarding selection status in Career mode. How many runs or wickets to be eligible for the next level ?

Harshs1993

Club Cricketer
1.Why does wicket keeper stand so ahead when a fast bowler is in action? It’s not realistic.
2.Adding precise and particular batting styles to different players is must
3.Exact bowling actions
4. Different fielding animations
5. No unrealistic shots like hitting six on spinners so easily and like if you want to hit a six on spinner who is bowling flighted balls, you need more power rather than timing, so improved ball and bat physics
6. Realistic run outs please
7. And special batting styles for pure bowlers like they can’t defend and hit properly

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
As a whole I would expect the next iteration to be at a much better standard than Big Bash Boom, arcade or not, the game is full of issues. From what I understand there's a lot of issues with the current Ashes too? I got rid of it a while back after getting tired of some of the issues the game still had at the time.

In regards to marketing, that's something BA really needs to improve on, very important in the gaming industry I feel to build hype and expand your global appeal, obviously cricket isn't on the same level as football and most American based sports, but still couldn't hurt to widen the player base in other regions too.
I’m going to agree to disagree their tbh there’s not many bugs in ashes cricket I play it every day and don’t have many issue their not game breaking

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
1.Why does wicket keeper stand so ahead when a fast bowler is in action? It’s not realistic.
2.Adding precise and particular batting styles to different players is must
3.Exact bowling actions
4. Different fielding animations
5. No unrealistic shots like hitting six on spinners so easily and like if you want to hit a six on spinner who is bowling flighted balls, you need more power rather than timing, so improved ball and bat physics
6. Realistic run outs please
7. And special batting styles for pure bowlers like they can’t defend and hit properly
You can set the keeper to put them back if u hold down the arrow buttons and send them back

kulch

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Career mode xp = earnt based on performance
Earn bonus xp if you take 5 wickets, get a century, finish not out, get man of the match, win the match, take catches, run outs, hatricks, 10 wickets.
Lose xp for ducks, poor bowling (sundries), lose the match
Earn bonus xp for career mode milestones like 100/200/300 wickets, 1000,2000,3000 runs, 5fas, 10fas, tons, double tons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread