Pro Cycling thread

D

Deleted member 193590

20!! :eek: I do about 3 miles a day. Feeling fitter already and only started at Christmas. Bet you have a road bike/hybrid?[DOUBLEPOST=1547024724][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you cycle yourself? :)

no I just have a normal mountain bike,I only started off doing about 5 miles but your fitness soon builds up:)
Doesn't really matter how many miles you do anyway,it's all good exercise :thumbs haven't been out though for 4 days I have man flu :lol

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
England
no I just have a normal mountain bike,I only started off doing about 5 miles but your fitness soon builds up:)
Doesn't really matter how many miles you do anyway,it's all good exercise :thumbs haven't been out though for 4 days I have man flu :lol
Man flu!! :p So you'll be off work for a while then!
I have a new 18 speed mountain bike, father Christmas brought it for me :yes.

D

Deleted member 193590

Man flu!! :p So you'll be off work for a while then!
I have a new 18 speed mountain bike, father Christmas brought it for me :yes.

yep man flu's that serious,just have to lie on the couch all day and be looked after :D
Nice bike,maybe I'll see you riding around one day :p

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
Profile Flag
England
yep man flu's that serious,just have to lie on the couch all day and be looked after :D
Nice bike,maybe I'll see you riding around one day :p
You'll easily recognise me as i look exactly like my avatar! :D
My brother has always had bikes, road/ hybrid, his latest one is a Cannondale, it's extremely lightweight with thin tyres.

D

Deleted member 193590

You'll easily recognise me as i look exactly like my avatar! :D
My brother has always had bikes, road/ hybrid, his latest one is a Cannondale, it's extremely lightweight with thin tyres.

looking like your avatar is good,at least you won't have to buy any hi viz gear :p
Cannondale make great bikes,my next door neighbour has a cube bike,they are also really good.
I'm a cheapskate so I brought a boss bike :D

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
Profile Flag
England
looking like your avatar is good,at least you won't have to buy any hi viz gear :p
Cannondale make great bikes,my next door neighbour has a cube bike,they are also really good.
I'm a cheapskate so I brought a boss bike :D
A Boss Reflex? They are good mountain bikes, just a bit heavy. I had a Vulcan which my brother gave to me, very lightweight and fast.
No need for hi viz with my winner sign placed above my head! Haha :p

D

Deleted member 193590

It's a boss convert,main reason I picked it was because it had disc brakes.my last bike had v brakes and I hated them.

sucG5nfHx8.jpg

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
Profile Flag
England
Very nice bike! I had disc brakes on my Vulcan, my current bike has the V type, i don't mind though because i can replace them myself when they wear down, i can also fix punctures, i do wear surgical gloves though because of the oil! :p[DOUBLEPOST=1547112636][/DOUBLEPOST]IMG_20190110_092245.jpg This is my bike! :)

D

Deleted member 193590

Great bike,love the colour scheme.never really had a problem with v brakes unless I was out in the pouring rain,then I never felt safe with them.
Touch wood never had a puncture so far,had a load of broken spokes though :yes

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
Profile Flag
England
I agree about the V type brakes in the rain! :yes. The good thing about my bike is the front and back suspension. The wheels are not quick release so pleased about that, the seat is though so rather than change the fittings i've put cable ties securing the quick release to the frame, makes it harder for someone to steal the seat! :p

D

Deleted member 193590

Yes I'm not a fan of quick release.my last bike was duel suspension loved it,my new one only has front suspension it's about the only thing I don't like about it.

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
Profile Flag
England
I had a bike with no suspension when i first got into bikes, i was told to have my elbows slighty bent when riding over rough ground to limit the impact on my arms, it worked too! :)

D

Deleted member 193590

I had a bike with no suspension when i first got into bikes, i was told to have my elbows slighty bent when riding over rough ground to limit the impact on my arms, it worked too! :)

yes that's a good tip,with me having no rear suspension if I have to go down or up a kerb,I just stand up on the pedals.it stops my back wheel taking all the pressure,and stops me having a sore bum. :eek:

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
Profile Flag
England
Me too, plus it prevents back wheel buckles! :yes Have you ever came off your bike? I did on my Vulcan, i slipped on black ice and came off, i sprained the fingers on my left hand and grazed my knee, i will never cycle in freezing conditions again! :noway

D

Deleted member 193590

Me too, plus it prevents back wheel buckles! :yes Have you ever came off your bike? I did on my Vulcan, i slipped on black ice and came off, i sprained the fingers on my left hand and grazed my knee, i will never cycle in freezing conditions again! :noway

I agree black ice is scary.in the summer I came off my muddyfox,was just turning into my road after finishing my ride,and a car was backing out his driveway,so I slowed down and he stopped.so I think right he's seen me,so I start picking up speed to go round him and as soon as I get close to the car he starts reversing again.
Clapped on my brakes and turned for the pavement but couldn't stop the bike,went flying over the handlebar,luckily managed to land on my hands so just ended up with gravel cuts and a bit of soreness in my wrists.if I see someone backing out now I always wait for them to bugger off :lol

Users who are viewing this thread