Cricket 19 General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Caveat that there might be a further patch before Tuesday, I haven’t been able to play that much yet (daughter off to bed soon, ha ha) and I’ve only batted, but I have to say my initial impression is extremely positive.

The graphics and presentation are streets ahead. Pitch visuals much better, cut scenes are really nice and more tv-style. Nice when they show up the bowlers figures during the cutscene! And the drinks break, ha ha!

Gameplay is of course the key and initial signs also positive. I think the timing window is a touch later that ashes? I certainly was able to feel I was watching the ball onto the bat, and my intital timing was very early then improved as I went later.

Playing the right line very important. And reasonable variety in human edges - I’ve had a top edge off a hook, a bottom edge off a cut, and inside/outside edges too. And calling up hotspot to see then is fantastic... (even better when you call it up to see a ball hit the middle of the bat after you’ve hit a four, but I’ve had less of those!)

If I’m nitpicking (you knew it was coming) I’d say at the beginning of the test I’d prefer to have had more of a feeling of the bowler probing the off stump corridor. And to have the batsman stats or inns scorecard show up in a cut scene too...

But yeah first impressions are this is a significant step up on ashes. Hopefully that is sustained through further play and importantly further patches - no taking out AI bowleds like in dbc17 please!!

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Comments on WealeyH's live stream:

Positive:

- Leaves in test cricket! Probably fishing outside offstump a tad too much still, but there are leaves!
- The cutscenes are just delightful. The low-angled, walking cameraman following the batsman as he walks off after being dismissed is beautiful. The one of Jimmy Anderson looking ominous at the start of the day is superb
- Different batting mentalities. After about 20 balls Warner was on 24 and Harris on 2
- Effective short balls! Short balls used to be canon fodder against the AI. I saw a couple of delicious bouncers that the AI tried to do a hook shot to but missed. I'd love to see them ducking under the ball too.

Negatives:

None from that :) Looks wonderful, can't wait!!!

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is this an issue for everyone right now or just me? Nearly all of the uploaded players, teams and stadiums are censored on PC. I hope this is something to do with the game being a demo version, but obviously it will be a major issue if not resolved.
I also have same issue

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Anybody on Xbox One getting the "we were unable to get your latest saved data" error? Can't use the academy online with it yet. Also Jofra Archer licensed but he's white?

Users who are viewing this thread